Trich colour after harvest

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetleaf

The count down starts at the light flip. One thing you may want to do is the week before flower, put those girls that are going to switch over into 18/6, then 12/12 and I think that will help stop the delay.

pretty sure there is no difference when it comes to flipping the switch from 18/6 or 24/0. The plants are going to flower how they want to regardless of light cycles(faster from 24/0 than 18/6 in my experience),. changing your light cycle a week before flowering will make no difference. 50 day strains are few and far between, not saying there isn't any, but 50 days with Sub's 3D seems a little quick. All kinds of factors could be slowing your grow down, temps, nutes, ect. ect.

F

FastForward

Thanks Sweetleaf. My Pandora's Box test is now at 75 days (10.7 weeks!!) and again, isn't maturing. Is it possible to give your plants too much light and would that slow down maturity?? (e.g. keeping plants too close to lights..without burning)

F

FastForward

p.s. Would you mind throwing up a thread with some pics from previous chronic grows? It's a strain I've been interested in, despite the bad press it gets...but never really seen any decent grow diaries of it. Got any you can share?

S

sweetleaf

Thanks Sweetleaf. My Pandora's Box test is now at 75 days (10.7 weeks!!) and again, isn't maturing. Is it possible to give your plants too much light and would that slow down maturity?? (e.g. keeping plants too close to lights..without burning)

they would be telltale signs from to much light. It's probly just the pheno.

FastForward p.s. Would you mind throwing up a thread with some pics from previous chronic grows? It's a strain I've been interested in, despite the bad press it gets...but never really seen any decent grow diaries of it. Got any you can share?

i don't run chronic, never have. It's just my sig. Playing on the old Hooked on Phonics product

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

pretty sure there is no difference when it comes to flipping the switch from 18/6 or 24/0. The plants are going to flower how they want to regardless of light cycles(faster from 24/0 than 18/6 in my experience),. changing your light cycle a week before flowering will make no difference. 50 day strains are few and far between, not saying there isn't any, but 50 days with Sub's 3D seems a little quick. All kinds of factors could be slowing your grow down, temps, nutes, ect. ect.

In many ways it is a matter of opinion. Also every person runs their garden differently, so the same strains are going to react differently in different systems. I have talked to growers and read threads where people say 18/6 is better for the plants, some people say it makes no difference so use 24 hours of light so the plant continues to make new growth.

Here are my feelings on the situation. I give my vegging girls 18/6. I feel they need at least 6 hours of dark, this gives the foliage a chance to rest, so for the next 18 hours it can produce at maximum capacity. Plants are living organisms and most living organisms need some rest to regenerate their strength and energy. In addition to this, there is a belief that root systems do their most growth during dark periods while the foliage rests. And as most of us farmers are aware stronger, healthier, and bigger root systems produce bigger, better buds.

Plus I have noticed with my grows that when I give the plants 18/6 through veg, the transition into flower seems to be smoother and quicker.

Again these are simply my observations and feelings, so you may take them for what you will.

S

sweetleaf

yo SG, we are talking about from the time flipping the switch, not the veg itself. Thanks for the botony lesson though lol. I wonder what do they do in Alaska where there is 24 hours of daylight?

D

Dagga

when you first checked the trichs, were they under your hps lighting or normal lights?

F

FastForward

when you first checked the trichs, were they under your hps lighting or normal lights?

Under normal lighting.... I was leaning into the tent with a scope, but now I've got the USB scope I have to drag plants over to the PC (pain in the ass but way better).

I'm going to chop the Pandora tonight....it's 11 weeks for her!! I think using Ripen prematurely might have fucked up the trich maturation?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

yo SG, we are talking about from the time flipping the switch, not the veg itself. Thanks for the botony lesson though lol. I wonder what do they do in Alaska where there is 24 hours of daylight?

Well, its the transition period we are discussing here, not just veg or flower. And like I was stating (somehow I kind got off topic), the few hours of dark during the transition period, is a bit more natural for the plants, and seems like it would be less stressful on the plants. Going from 0 hours of dark to 12 hours of dark is a somewhat drastic change, and my belief on the situation is that any way to minimize stress at the top of flowering will make the maturation time as short and productive as possible.

As for plants in Alaska, if being flowered at a period where there will 24 hours of light they will be stressed a bit. But it really is not likely plants will be in flower during those few days of the year. The days on either side of that event will be relatively long as well, so it is more likely they will be in veg. And in veg this stress would be much less significant.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Trich photos over here - chop or not?

That really is up to you I guess. They looked pretty good, personally I would let them go a bit longer, but not much, no more than 7 days more. But I am sure if you chop it now it will be fantastic smoke. Plus with a clone already going you can simply let the next round go a bit longer and see what the difference is. I am a big fan of learning from experience, even if the experience did not meet my expectations.

F

FastForward

Thanks SG...I've chopped a lower branch off to dry and try it out...will give her a bit more time....I've already chopped a plant too soon and I don't want to do it again...it's too lightweight a smoke for my thcstream

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Yea, I was going to ask this same question the other day...

Reason being I remember when I have lost weed for months or kept it for a long time all the trichs turn a dark amber color...I was wondering if this changed the stone or not too.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

When your trichome turn milky you can harvest, but the smoke tends to go to your head, if you let your trichome go from milky to amber it's a late harvest and the weed tends to go to your body, I allways harvest late as I have terrible body pain, in my opinion a late harvest will increase your thc level, if for no other reason you grew your plant longer. Your friend SNOLEPERD

Top Bottom