P

purple platypus

I start by streaking a petri dish with Caps nute pack which includes:
-Glomus intraradices
-Glomis mosseae
-Glomis aggregatum
-Glomus clarum
All type of mycor

Then start sectoring from there. I think the hardest part will be identifying the diff strains. they prob look similar. Ive gotta do some research in that dept. But it should def be possible. I was thinking bout starting a thread once things are farther along.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
how did those bennies look under the scope?

I still havent gotten mine to see... Were you able to identify?

there is a dvd on the net which will help you identify many different bacteria and fungi. Ill se if I can find the link and post it up here.

P

purple platypus

how did those bennies look under the scope?

I still havent gotten mine to see... Were you able to identify?

there is a dvd on the net which will help you identify many different bacteria and fungi. Ill se if I can find the link and post it up here.

Hahaha lets just say its not difficult to locate any on a slide! Saying you have a higher spore count than greatwhite is an understatement! As far as IDing individual spores you can see differences but I havnt done enough research yet to tell which is which.

P

purple platypus

More details:
Once I have isolates of each strain ill be doing some side by side grows for comparison. One group will be inoculated with isolates, one group with multispore, and one with niether for a control.

Cap-once things get rolling and I do a proper write up could I start a thread in your section? If not its cool.

Also one obstacle Ive been thinking about is how to identify the strongest isolate. The only factor I can think to evaluate is the speed of growth. That info may be hard to find or it may require testing. Might be a good question for the lab wink wink

P

purple platypus

Hahaha I keep forgetting were not in caps section. Sorry Roots I wasnt trying to hijack your thread or get off subject. Its kinda easy to start rambling on this subject...endless amount of info!

It was great talking to you and goodluck on your trichoderma project. PP

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

No worries at all pp. Talk away I'm very interested in this! And am stoked to see how your exp turns out. I totally had the same thinking! I know when working with mush isolates and genetics are key! You get much much faster healthier mycelium and fruits. I would imagine it would work well for colonizing roots as well? But I guess diversity may play a big factor in helping plants? This is some serious brain candy! Great work you're doing keep it up! Soo stoked for conclusions!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hahaha lets just say its not difficult to locate any on a slide! Saying you have a higher spore count than greatwhite is an understatement! As far as IDing individual spores you can see differences but I havnt done enough research yet to tell which is which.

I would love to have the testimonial of that in my section. PLease post it there if you have a chance. Also, feel free to use that section to dscuss all things beneficial.

I wanted to create the section for bennies but it was goign to detract too much from nutes section so we just made a subsection.

P

purple platypus

Thanks Cap! ill get over ther soon.

Roots: Thanks bro! Yep Just like Pheno Hunting! Just be patient cuz its gonna take a couple months before I can even start a side by side.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

I got my seat belt on and will be on my best behavior! Man I really think you got the right idea there with the liquid culture! Can it be grown in say grain or Brown rice flower? How fast is it growing in the dish? What agar are you using and have you done any tissue culture before?

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

I guess my big thing is. Is it better to grow your bennies up to colonized funk.. what ever you're working with. And mix it in during transplants/adding to your compost/ adding it to your ACT/ or doing your liq culture tech? How could in not be better than adding spore. No matter how many spores your adding. It's fucking alive!

Also thanks for the heads up on caps link. Im about 15 pages into that thread. Really good info. Thinking of ordering from him for sure!

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Cap- Do you have a link with some info on that? It was my understanding that ectos play a major role in the rhizosphere. But I have limited knowledge on all this stuff. Also I'm wondering your opinion on my last statement?

P

purple platypus

Imho I doubt it really matters what method you use to colonize. In the environment we grow plants the soil and root zone has a very low natural capacity at which all these bennies are able to colonize. So its really not difficult to get your soil fully colonized. I just think the teas get things going a little quicker.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Pp imho that last statement completely contradicts all the work your doing! Why isolate if the "strongest" "spore" you're looking for is going to take off the fastest anyways? I can see with container gardening it isn't hard to "fully colonize" the container... But there's that whats what that's driving these experiments.

I

InTheBeginning

Come on please. Unless you have ideal expensive lab conditions you cannot grow out endomycorrhizal hyphae unless in contact with roots. Where do you get the info that Trichoderma is so dangerous?

Microbeman

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Come on please. Unless you have ideal expensive lab conditions you cannot grow out endomycorrhizal hyphae unless in contact with roots. Where do you get the info that Trichoderma is so dangerous?

Microbeman

Hmm who's right who's wrong?.... I really did look into if trich is bad. Found nothing as far as health hazardous fungi. Maybe a ploy to deter guys from doing what they're doing and buy "another product". Are you guys fuckers?... Haha this shit is so interesting. I'm laughing my ass off. Signing up for mycology major next semister... But I must say it doesn't take expensive lab equipment either! This shit CAN be done in your kitchen. With proper equipment. But relatively inexpensive in the grand scheme. It won't be easy and will take time. But that's what things worth doing are all about!

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

If you can find the "correct" food and climate in a sterile or "correct" environment, then you can grow anything in existence.

Who's with me?

P

purple platypus

Pp imho that last statement completely contradicts all the work your doing! Why isolate if the "strongest" "spore" you're looking for is going to take off the fastest anyways? I can see with container gardening it isn't hard to "fully colonize" the container... But there's that whats what that's driving these experiments.

Haha thats cuz I have doubts about seeing a noticable effect in the side by side. But thats no reason not to try right?

Because with a multi spore root drench the strongest one isnt going to be able to colonize the entire container once in the grow enviro.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hmm who's right who's wrong?.... I really did look into if trich is bad. Found nothing as far as health hazardous fungi. Maybe a ploy to deter guys from doing what they're doing and buy "another product". Are you guys fuckers?... Haha this shit is so interesting. I'm laughing my ass off. Signing up for mycology major next semister... But I must say it doesn't take expensive lab equipment either! This shit CAN be done in your kitchen. With proper equipment. But relatively inexpensive in the grand scheme. It won't be easy and will take time. But that's what things worth doing are all about!

I disagree on the inexpensive lab part. You need to isolate and keep isolated. To me this sounds easier than I bet it really is. I have seen the lab where I get my spores. Its pretty tricked out.

Also, it is easy to culture other bacteria/fungi when you are just trying to culture one type. That is why it is recommended to brew tea for around 48 hours and not a long time. Bad bacteria like e.coli can take over.

Top Bottom