trichoderma qs

• Thread starter rootsnshoots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap- Do you have a link with some info on that? It was my understanding that ectos play a major role in the rhizosphere. But I have limited knowledge on all this stuff. Also I'm wondering your opinion on my last statement?

trees are ecto. 90% of other plants are endo. 5 % no mycos at all are existing.

P

purple platypus

Hmm who's right who's wrong?.... I really did look into if trich is bad. Found nothing as far as health hazardous fungi. Maybe a ploy to deter guys from doing what they're doing and buy "another product". Are you guys fuckers?... Haha this shit is so interesting. I'm laughing my ass off. Signing up for mycology major next semister... But I must say it doesn't take expensive lab equipment either! This shit CAN be done in your kitchen. With proper equipment. But relatively inexpensive in the grand scheme. It won't be easy and will take time. But that's what things worth doing are all about!

You guys can inhale all the fungal spores you want! It want bother me. And your right the chances of health risk are pretty low so huff away! I only said that cuz of the amount you had growing and were working with and I wanted you to be careful.

Def not trying to deter you from your exp. your the only other person I know attempting this type of stuff please continue!!! And I wasnt trying to advertise for anyone just thought you would like the trich article and other info. Personally I just started using caps bennies lask week and cant give an opinion either way about them other than what ive seen under the scope.

P

purple platypus

Come on please. Unless you have ideal expensive lab conditions you cannot grow out endomycorrhizal hyphae unless in contact with roots. Where do you get the info that Trichoderma is so dangerous?

Microbeman

Who says I dont?

Stamets and RogerRabbit

positive vibes PP

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

I disagree on the inexpensive lab part. You need to isolate and keep isolated. To me this sounds easier than I bet it really is. I have seen the lab where I get my spores. Its pretty tricked out.

Also, it is easy to culture other bacteria/fungi when you are just trying to culture one type. That is why it is recommended to brew tea for around 48 hours and not a long time. Bad bacteria like e.coli can take over.

I have seen some pretty sick labs myself. But you can make a sterile environment out of a fucking trash bag and hepa filter. I have been to a myco lab at a university here and let's just say wow. But saying you can't so the same in your own home is false. Isolating a monospore does not take scientists in a big expensive lab. Believe me I have done it many times and am working on some lions main as we type.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

You guys can inhale all the fungal spores you want! It want bother me. And your right the chances of health risk are pretty low so huff away! I only said that cuz of the amount you had growing and were working with and I wanted you to be careful.

Def not trying to deter you from your exp. your the only other person I know attempting this type of stuff please continue!!! And I wasnt trying to advertise for anyone just thought you would like the trich article and other info. Personally I just started using caps bennies lask week and cant give an opinion either way about them other than what ive seen under the scope.

Bahahaha I will most definitely not be huffing away. :) I was mostly fuckin around. Those articles are good man and I'm glad you turned me on to em. I do appreciate you being concerned for my health. And I will be careful! Yoi should always take caution while working with anything you don't really know shit about!

And man personally I think you are going to see positive things from your isolates!

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Also pp. Have you tried spawning any of those fungi out side of agar? Do you know if it will take in Brown rice flour or grain? Or is it impossible to grow an endo without actually having it in a container with roots?

P

purple platypus

Also pp. Have you tried spawning any of those fungi out side of agar? Do you know if it will take in Brown rice flour or grain? Or is it impossible to grow an endo without actually having it in a container with roots?

The more research I do I think the endos are gonna be impossible. I might try and find something I can do in bulk like you did. Im gonna rethink things as far as a good side by side....any suggestions? One thing we need to know is what level of colonization is most beneficial?

Check this out http://mycorrhizas.info/index.html

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

You've struck gold! Good work my man. I use my phone I don't have a comp. But I'm going to buy a laptop tomorrow. And start in on reading that jewel.

I was wondering too if you can "over colonize" your medium. I'm curious to see how my trich works because its so aggressive. I'm kinda afraid because I know it thrives on other fungi. So I could see myself ending up with nothing but trich. So I think it would be a good tester. Im growing in coir. And the trich is in coir and really takes off in that shit. I'm going to mix up a whole tub and transplant a couple small weaker plants I have a see if it kills them from taking over the container.

Also just started brewing a batch of your liq culture tech with some earth juice rooters mycorrhizea. Shits tight.

I'm not really sure either on how to do a side by side with isolates. There is a lot of different bennies out there, and lots of variables. I think I might just end up culturing different funk and just adding to small batches of composts?

I

InTheBeginning

Who says I dont?

Stamets and RogerRabbit

positive vibes PP

Even Paul Stamets does not grow out endomycorrhizal hyphae unless in contact with roots. It has been done and if you are intersted I can try to post the study. I believe they germinated on roots and then transfered the hyphae to agar.

Ectomycorrhizal is grown out using an airlift bioreactor and is relatively easy to grow. There are some recent advances, where endomycorrhizal spores can be grown and harvested using an airlift bioreactor (so I am told) but somehow the roots are included.

Virtually all Glomus Intraradices on the market is (AFAIK) produced by Premier Tech in Quebec.

Growing out Trichoderma hyphae is simple. I grew some out in petri dishes and tubes with black strap molasses a couple weeks ago in my lab. I confirmed the spore germinated via direct microscopy.

Microbeman ~ AKA ITB

I

InTheBeginning

I disagree on the inexpensive lab part. You need to isolate and keep isolated. To me this sounds easier than I bet it really is. I have seen the lab where I get my spores. Its pretty tricked out.

Also, it is easy to culture other bacteria/fungi when you are just trying to culture one type. That is why it is recommended to brew tea for around 48 hours and not a long time. Bad bacteria like e.coli can take over.

Which lab would that be? Dr Mike, who produces ectomycorrhizal spores but purchases his Glomus Intraradices from Quebec and other Endos from Europe and Asia but pretends he produces them OR from the other Mike in New Mexico who does the same thing but has a product at 3000 spores per gram. I just brought some in from his supplier 3200 spores per gram to experiment with. The same supplier/lab has a liquid product at 2,000,000 spores per gram Intraradices.

Glomus Intraradices is the best bet for infecting cannabis/hemp roots so one might as well not bother with the mixes (IMO). The best way to infect/colonize the roots is to expose the seed, cutting and/or roots directly to the spores. Placing the spores in ACT is a waste.

MM

Growster

Growster

Wow, I'm subbing this thread as it is very full of useful information. I am very interested in this as I currently grow in organic soil. I have successfully cultivated psilocybin mushrooms from mycelium to full maturity in the past, which I consumed and respectively tripped balls. Once I have the room / funds / abilities to research this further I will definitely be attempting it on at least a small scale... I heartily accept the fact that Horticulture and Mycology should thrive side by side. Glad to know that there are others like me out there!!! :)

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

well i mixed up a tub real good ( out side with a hepa cert mask and gloves) and trans four of some weaker plants i have. well seee.. there was quite a bit of trich being mixed in the coir. Well see if it takes over!!!

The first two plants I triched with just clumps were still looking fine on sunday. ill go check on them tonight.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Wow, I'm subbing this thread as it is very full of useful information. I am very interested in this as I currently grow in organic soil. I have successfully cultivated psilocybin mushrooms from mycelium to full maturity in the past, which I consumed and respectively tripped balls. Once I have the room / funds / abilities to research this further I will definitely be attempting it on at least a small scale... I heartily accept the fact that Horticulture and Mycology should thrive side by side. Glad to know that there are others like me out there!!! :)

Welcome to the club brotha!

Top Bottom