Trichome Development

• Thread starter Douglas G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Douglas G

Douglas G

I haven't come across anything that gives details of the origin and processes of trichome development. Do the pistils' secrete spores that land on the leaves or how do they grow?
Many thanks in advance!

Trichome development
Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

This is why it's debatable that we'll grown outdoor that hasn't been rained on and abused (green house) is actually more potent. I feel like this is true. In years past I've been a major outdoor guerilla grower. Did it right, 65 gallon smart pots, small light deps...all of it. My best buds to date were grown outdoors in the sun. Basically what I'm getting at is the plant excreted these oils to protect the plant from light intensity, bugs, animals even. When they brush up against buds I guess they just don't like getting all sticky? LOL

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
They grow out of leaves, stems and other parts of the plant. Nothing like spores though that's quite creative.

Start at page 57:

Douglas G

Douglas G

;)
They grow out of leaves, stems and other parts of the plant. Nothing like spores though that's quite creative.

Start at page 57:
Thanks sativied, here's an electron microscope shot, I think aliens brought weed and here is their likeness

C  Data Users DefApps AppData INTERNETEXPLORER Temp Saved Images sp5r0000
puregrow

puregrow

Trichomes are the plants natural oils and defence from pests and what not I'm sure a quick Google search will answer your question

It's also the BEST sun screen money can buy if the plant was to dry out leaving it exposed to the suns rays and the exposure to M.H. or H.P.S love the electron pic sativied..... Right on brother

Mr.X

Mr.X

The actual purpose is somewhat unclear. It may act as a sunblock of some kind and or the stickyness may aid in the pollen sticking to the pistils helping in the polination process. Some dudes have even put up tanning bed lamps to increase UVa and UVb to increase resin production. I will tell you this @ the risk of everybody jumping on me like i stole something : the amount of crystals (trichomes) isn't necessarily an indicator of potency. YEAH I SAID THAT !!! lmao. .. I've had buds covered in what lookedlike sugar and they didn't do as good as others i had that looked dull , shit even looked dry. But were DAAAAANK !!!!

Mr.X

Mr.X

Yeah the resin glands contain cannabinoids, including T H C. The gland heads, the tip of the trichomes that shit that looks like a mushroom cap, does secrete the majority of the cannabinoids in the form of resin. But triche growth and potency levels are 2 vert different things. You could have a superfrosty plant with low cannabinoid levels in the trichomes and you could have a plant with few triches and a high cannabinoid content. What i do know is this .... harvesting should be indicated by the trichomes; when you see them changing colors from clear to milky white then finally amber. Thats when the psychoactive soup is ready... don't even worry about pistils. Even if all of them are orange, brown. .. whatever !!! Wait for the triches to turn. You will be one happy camper Douggy G. PEACE !!!

puregrow

puregrow

Yeah the resin glands contain cannabinoids, including T H C. The gland heads, the tip of the trichomes that shit that looks like a mushroom cap, does secrete the majority of the cannabinoids in the form of resin. But triche growth and potency levels are 2 vert different things. You could have a superfrosty plant with low cannabinoid levels in the trichomes and you could have a plant with few triches and a high cannabinoid content. What i do know is this .... harvesting should be indicated by the trichomes; when you see them changing colors from clear to milky white then finally amber. Thats when the psychoactive soup is ready... don't even worry about pistils. Even if all of them are orange, brown. .. whatever !!! Wait for the triches to turn. You will be one happy camper Douggy G. PEACE !!!

RIGHT ON BROTHER Wow bro that's an amazing breakdown and your pics really cool yeah I'm sure that the stickiness as they just keep striving to survive and reproduce and amazingly it keeps producing trichomes after Tricon after trichome because it knows its life cycle is about to end and reproduction of each species would be lost crazy stuff brother makes you really stop and think how this crazy world works and God put that plant in this world the most controversial flower on the planet good stuff brother hey if you get a chance read my smoke report on sour patch kush a friend of mine has been back crossing to get the pure genetics I mean in this is his passion remember the old skunk smell like your ran it over and put it in a bag lol. Hey bro what's your experience with hydro vs Organic but real organic I've never grown organic but recently I have been doing comparison side by side with deep water culture and the regular pro mix with the microbial value just pretty much soilless medium but the way I'm looking at it it's holding its own against deep water culture and the soil I'm talking about is that Fox farm ocean forest and you tweak it a little bit but for the most part it's pretty much just that just wanted to see if you have dealt with the debate hydro vs oil thanks again brother stay well man

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Trichomes are the plants natural oils and defence from pests and what not I'm sure a quick Google search will answer your question
This is why I use a brew/amend/top dress a product called Insect Frass. I use it religiously.

Top Bottom