Trichome question

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

I've been growing indicas and indica/sativas as long as I've been growing, not that I don't like sativas it's just more location related, anyway I've been testing different sativas the last year or so for an energitic daytime smoke. I need to know should I pick them before they go amber because I've been pulling them like I do my indica doms and the shit keeps putting me to sleep...wth? They took forever to go a little amber as well, like 12+ wks. How do some of you sativa catz pull by trichs? I got a jack x skunk #1 cross with 85% cloudy trichs now, should I wait? or pull it? I don't want to get it too early but I don't wanna be stoned either I got indicas for that already. Plus reps for all answers, thanks.

S

seebobsled

yes in my experience clear to cloudy should be more racier on both sat or indica. Had some sour-d that was like Vicodin but he was always taking it to amber. yummm

j wizzle

j wizzle

a jack skunk isnt going to give you that straight sativa high. it has skunk in it, so naturally its going to knock you out.

i pull everything when its amber, cuz thats when the buds are finished. i take my jack at least 12 weeks, sometimes 14 if its too hot.. she is a beast!!! its not a "daytime" smoke at all, its a pshycadelic high that makes you a bit confused and paranoid...

i dont like smoking sativas and going to work, trips me out having to talk to everyone.

symbiote420

symbiote420

yes in my experience clear to cloudy should be more racier on both sat or indica. Had some sour-d that was like Vicodin but he was always taking it to amber. yummm

Yea I want a more racy, energetic high.
I know what you mean about that Sour D sbs, that's the way I pull mine for straight fukk ya day up potency lmao, thanks!! I just don't wanna pull too early and the buds shrivel up or too late and have it put me on my ass.

symbiote420

symbiote420

a jack skunk isnt going to give you that straight sativa high. it has skunk in it, so naturally its going to knock you out.

i pull everything when its amber, cuz thats when the buds are finished. i take my jack at least 12 weeks, sometimes 14 if its too hot.. she is a beast!!! its not a "daytime" smoke at all, its a pshycadelic high that makes you a bit confused and paranoid...

i dont like smoking sativas and going to work, trips me out having to talk to everyone.

Damn no wonder, the sativas I've tried that busted my ass amber were Haze Skunk and Super Lemon Haze, both have skunk genes. Others I've ran lately have been Cindy 99, Pineapple Express, Pineapple Kush, and this J-1 is my lastest try at finding a daytime smoke guess it's back to the drawing boards.
Oh and she's outside, she's been forming buds since July 18th.

J

Jalisco Kid

the skunk I used to play with was sat dom. I pick buds on new strains when they are 25% cloudy,50% and 75% that way I would know for the next run. With my nutes if I ran a 70 day strain for 120 days it still would not be more then 40% amber. Depends on what you feed your girls. I think some pgr and aminos delay the senescence.

symbiote420

symbiote420

the skunk I used to play with was sat dom. I pick buds on new strains when they are 25% cloudy,50% and 75% that way I would know for the next run. With my nutes if I ran a 70 day strain for 120 days it still would not be more then 40% amber. Depends on what you feed your girls. I think some pgr and aminos delay the senescence.

Hell yeah bro the sativa/skunk crosses I've been testing take forever to turn amber, even with adding uvb lighting in the last weeks. I got a Kali Mist cross for my next round of sativa testing. So which cloudy mix did you prefer 25%, 50%, etc? cause mine are 80% cloudy now I see an amber crystal or two and a little over10% clear, for my indies I always wait for 40% or more amber trichs.

J

Jalisco Kid

Hell yeah bro the sativa/skunk crosses I've been testing take forever to turn amber, even with adding uvb lighting in the last weeks. I got a Kali Mist cross for my next round of sativa testing. So which cloudy mix did you prefer 25%, 50%, etc? cause mine are 80% cloudy now I see an amber crystal or two and a little over10% clear, for my indies I always wait for 40% or more amber trichs.

It depends not only on the strain but phenotype and the smoker. You just have to sample them and see what floats your boat. JK

K

kolah

a good pearl of information for a newb like me. Cheers!

Top Bottom