Trichomes and when to harvest

  • Thread starter Tech4523
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tech4523

Tech4523

Hey guys about to pull my 1st harvest

here are some pictures of the Trichomes

unfortunately all I have is my cell phone cam so...my question is would you wait till some just turn amber or they looking good now

Thanks in advance
 
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beautiful first harvest congratulations! some would Harvest right at that point, myself I would wait a few more days maybe up to a week but that's because it's kind of an individual preference from the point that you're at now
 
Frankster

Frankster

Yea, I say your real close. I like a little early myself, I look for bent heads like that, and a good milky color, no amber, or a trace. I still see some slight clear areas around some of the edges, but for the most part your milky and ripe, it's close. I would give her 2 or 3 more days maybe.

Lower your humidity if possible. Keep her below 40% from here on out. After I cut, I strip off the big leaves only, then adjust to exactly 60% for the first 3 days, then to 65% after that, until dry at least 10 days, hopefully drawn out into 2 weeks or more. The slower the better.

I'm sure others out there might have it more refined than that, but it's worked well for me over the years, those are my 'ideal" conditions.
 
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yea, I say your real close. I like a little early myself, I look for bent heads like that, and a good milky color, no amber, or a trace. I still see some slight clear areas around some of the edges, but for the most part your milky and ripe, it's close. I would give her 2 or 3 more days maybe.

Lower your humidity if possible. Keep her below 40% from here on out. After I cut, I strip off the big leaves only, then adjust to exactly 60% for the first 3 days, then to 65% after that, until dry at least 10 days, hopefully drawn out into 2 weeks or more. The slower the better.

I'm sure others out there might have it more refined than that, but it's worked well for me over the years, those are my 'ideal" conditions.
Actually now that I'm half awake, wearing glasses and drinking coffee I agree with Frank I think you've got more than a few days and possibly more than a week like I mentioned above, but that depends how much Amber you're looking for. it's a very nice first effort and you're going to enjoy very much good job!
Screenshot_20200828-064350_Chrome.jpg
 
Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Here is some trichomes I checked one week ago today I'm going to check them in a little while I think I will harvest this plant today but I'm not sure until I check them
Screenshot_20200823-090345_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200823-090345_Gallery.jpg

It will be interesting to see how they've changed in one week if there's any significant change I'll post a picture again congratulations on your first harvest good luck!
 
sambapati

sambapati

let's take a poll....those who say yah, raise your right hand!!!!

maybe a little more....you could harvest some now, harvest rest a little later....
STOP, sit down and take a bow. Great job and probably OK to harvest some now and wait a few more days, but you've already forgot the 2 days of darkness. Great info on lowering temperature and humidity in this thread too.
 
Waldo1913

Waldo1913

Hey guys about to pull my 1st harvest

here are some pictures of the Trichomes

unfortunately all I have is my cell phone cam so...my question is would you wait till some just turn amber or they looking good now

Thanks in advance
Very nice. Congrats on a glorious grow
 
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

let's take a poll....those who say yah, raise your right hand!!!!

maybe a little more....you could harvest some now, harvest rest a little later....

My trichomes are clear at harvest and mature during the cure. Of course my grow obviously isn't the typical forum style grow, I rely on the cure to take every aspect of my crop to next level. Bone dry and caked in resin stinking through multiple vaccum layers and tasting better than any candy. The boveda and spongy buds don't make sense to me. In other words, it's all subjective to how you grow. Some people focus on genes, illusions and substitutions (why would anyone want brown trichomes?), others don't have to.
 
Frankster

Frankster

Eh.. normally I take the top buds if I have room but this plants pretty much all top buds LOL

I'm thinking a little more too, but it really didn't change much in the six days since I've checked it last!?
Don't be so sure about that brother, be patient grasshopper, there is wisdom to be learned here. The last days are mostly all oil weight, and trichome production, potency, not "bulk".

I do believe letting them rest the next few days is the right way forward, there' much wisdom in these approaches, the harvest is where all the magic happens, and separates the wheat from the chaff. I'm sure you've got plenty of grows under your belt, so it's in good hands, by the looks of it.

Every move you make from here to smoke is going to determine meh, from something really special. I really think the cure is by far the most important part. Potency aside, nothing like that perfect cure.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom