Trichomes color changing 7 weeks into flower?

• Thread starter Newbie182
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie182

Hello, I’m in my first grow, I’m in week 7 after flipping and I’m pretty sure the trichomes are still clear. Im wondering like is it apparent when they turn milky? Im using a 40x magnifier and they just look clear. I tried a 90x magnifier but they still looked clear. Just freaking out a little cause I still need to flush the plants. I don’t know the strain as I just used seeds from a bag I had (big mistake) so is 7 weeks after flipping still normal to have clear trichomes?

TomH

TomH

Yes, I have a hybrid that is starting week 10 tomorrow that has mostly clear with a small amount of milky.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Strains do seem to vary a lot in how long they take to ripen. It's best to look at the trichomes on the buds, not the sugar leaves. I use a 15x jeweler's loupe for a quick look and I also have a digital microscope when I want more magnification or to take pictures.

Madbud

Madbud

Try an hour less of light. You flush the nutes out of the soil, not the plant.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In decades of growing, I had exactly one plant that finished in 7 weeks.

A few things about "when it's ready":

• 15x - 20x is all you need to look at trichs.
  • Don't waste your time looking at trichs if 1/4th or more of the stigmas are still white.
  • Typically, when all the stigmas are red, you still have a week or two to go.
You get the full potency and character of weed ONLY when you grow it to maturity. If you can't wait and have to harvest at 7 weeks, you will never have a great crop and you might as well buy from a dispensary. It's like growing Honey Crisp apples, but harvesting them when they're green, hard and sour. Why waste your time?

H

headsta

Hello, I’m in my first grow, I’m in week 7 after flipping and I’m pretty sure the trichomes are still clear. Im wondering like is it apparent when they turn milky? Im using a 40x magnifier and they just look clear. I tried a 90x magnifier but they still looked clear. Just freaking out a little cause I still need to flush the plants. I don’t know the strain as I just used seeds from a bag I had (big mistake) so is 7 weeks after flipping still normal to have clear trichomes?
Hey dude I just bought 20 dollar microscope off temu and is so clear hooks up to ph wirelessly will attach a pic
Photo 2023 09 19 20 25 00 459

Top Bottom