Trichomes Not Changing

• Thread starter Bluephoria
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluephoria

Hi there!
This post will be filled with vague info, so I apologize. This plant has been in flower for quite a while, though I can’t remember how long, and I don’t know the strain. However, the trichomes aren’t changing to amber. I’m using a 45x microscope to check. Any thoughts?

Edit to add: my best estimate of time in flower is about 6-7 weeks. Next time I’ll keep better records 😉

5D9CEEA0 8BFC 411D 8B9A BA9C2FB01E84
DDE426FC F1DE 435D BF0A E6AD6DA53E48
F0F3DAA7 6AE1 41CF B2E6 DE3CA1D44B81
Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
6-7 weeks is pretty early in my opinion, although it looks like a indica heavy strain. I'd give it at least 3 weeks more as they really swell up and get a lot of flavor during the very end of flowering. I often grow 12-14 weeks for some Sativa strains, but 10 weeks is more the avg for an Indica strain. I look for the Trichome color change, the yellowing of the larger fan leaves (if not overfed) and the buds developing pointy tips and develop 1 bladed leaves... when I see some of these signs, especially a few or all of them, then the time is here to chop. Flushing is optional depending on if you think it helps anything. I don't flush personally, but I grow with a fraction of the nutrients that some growers use, so I'll leave that choice to you.

B

Bluephoria

6-7 weeks is pretty early in my opinion, although it looks like a indica heavy strain. I'd give it at least 3 weeks more as they really swell up and get a lot of flavor during the very end of flowering. I often grow 12-14 weeks for some Sativa strains, but 10 weeks is more the avg for an Indica strain. I look for the Trichome color change, the yellowing of the larger fan leaves (if not overfed) and the buds developing pointy tips and develop 1 bladed leaves... when I see some of these signs, especially a few or all of them, then the time is here to chop. Flushing is optional depending on if you think it helps anything. I don't flush personally, but I grow with a fraction of the nutrients that some growers use, so I'll leave that choice to you.

Thank you so much, this is really helpful!! 😁 👍🏼

Latest posts

Top Bottom