Trichomes pictures ready or not?

• Thread starter LeeGrowsColas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LeeGrowsColas

LeeGrowsColas

Trichomes pictures ready or not 2
Trichomes pictures ready or not

Top is Bruce banner auto and bottom is zskittles auto. These pics were taking with microscope towards the middle/ lower part of plant. I have top bud pics too which seem milky and just a couple amber head. Maybe 5% amber heads. But also have alot of clear trichomes as i go down the plant. Any body have suggestions? What would u do? Should I wait untill entire plant is milky color or will the top be "over ripe" if I wait? And I have a couple red trichomes🤔 what's that about?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
View attachment 1321488View attachment 1321487
Top is Bruce banner auto and bottom is zskittles auto. These pics were taking with microscope towards the middle/ lower part of plant. I have top bud pics too which seem milky and just a couple amber head. Maybe 5% amber heads. But also have alot of clear trichomes as i go down the plant. Any body have suggestions? What would u do? Should I wait untill entire plant is milky color or will the top be "over ripe" if I wait? And I have a couple red trichomes🤔 what's that about?
Looks good to me, a few amber/red and 95% cloudy. I think you can chop any time...How long has it been in flower??

LeeGrowsColas

LeeGrowsColas

Looks good to me, a few amber/red and 95% cloudy. I think you can chop any time...How long has it been in flower??
Thank you. It's hard to say bc I live an hour away so I only see them every two weeks. But I think about 5- 7 weeks they been in flower. They should of been done a while ago. I planted them September 27th and they are autoflowers. They had some shock from being too cold and a calcium defiancey in early flower. Everything is good now tho. I'm thinking of just waiting a few more days then flushing then chopping. Sound good? Or should I chop sooner?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thank you. It's hard to say bc I live an hour away so I only see them every two weeks. But I think about 5- 7 weeks they been in flower. They should of been done a while ago. I planted them September 27th and they are autoflowers. They had some shock from being too cold and a calcium defiancey in early flower. Everything is good now tho. I'm thinking of just waiting a few more days then flushing then chopping. Sound good? Or should I chop sooner?
They looks good, do you have any full plant photos?
I feel if you started them end if September they should be done, it just helps with a full plant photo too.

Also dont flush, its just broscience. Reduce your feed, or just use water only the last couple times you have to water.

I wish no one ever started with the flushing nonsense, i dont know of any crop that gets "flushed" before it gets harvested (just my little rant lol)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Flushings benefits are debated here with the majority now going with no flush, chop when they're done. Mine go 10 weeks plus ( all photo's ) and I've watered only the last 2 - 3 feeds....every 3 days as needed in 3 gal pots so is that flushed??

an old thing I heard was lots of people regret not letting their plants grow longer. Few regret doing it....so if you've time then wtf....... but

........I let 2 girls go way too long...they got all pretty and colorful but had the kick of a small child....smooth but all the kick was gone....so there is a line where too long is no good.....if that's what you want but to me I start seeing amber and all cloudy I'm pulling them.

V

Vanthcity

Great idea to take pic with microscope. Nicely done, But I think you should wait till 50% of amber trichs

LeeGrowsColas

LeeGrowsColas

Thanks for the advice everyone. And the pics are on the buds. I was going to take pics of leafs too but someone on here said it wouldn't matter. So I did just the buds. They are in 3 gallon fabric pots. I usually do 5 gallon and I do about 6- 10 plants but I haven't been around much so I did three plants this run. One plant went backwards and started to re veg.( probly from power outage a few times). This is why the plants took alot longer this run as well. Here are some full plant pics of the two healthier girls. These are my smallest plants i ever grew...and as far as flushing i never did it before so i figured i would try it this run. I here good and bad about flushing so thought I would try myself. I also think I need more lighting. I have 4 lights. All quantum board. 2x 200watt light and 2 150w lights in a 8x4 i have one light over each plant right now. And I didn't do much trying or anything this run either. Next run I'm going to get serious about and make more time like I use too. Bc I'm not very happy with these.
Screenshot 20230120 143348 Gallery
Screenshot 20230104 122740 Gallery

LeeGrowsColas

LeeGrowsColas

Those trichs look like they are on leaves, which don't count.

However, they are pretty far into ripening, and you may have some amber on flower bracts. As soon as I see an amber trich on a couple of flower bracts, I chop.
They pic is actually right in the cup where the leafs connects to the bud. It's hard as hell to stay steady with the digital microscope. My hands shakes a Lil bit and makes pic blurry. So I could of accidentally caught some leaf in the pic. It's hard to tell. Any suggestions for a steady pic with microscope? I took like 30 pics and only 3 came out clear. Alot harder then I thought it was going to be.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

They pic is actually right in the cup where the leafs connects to the bud. It's hard as hell to stay steady with the digital microscope. My hands shakes a Lil bit and makes pic blurry. So I could of accidentally caught some leaf in the pic. It's hard to tell. Any suggestions for a steady pic with microscope? I took like 30 pics and only 3 came out clear. Alot harder then I thought it was going to be.
15x or 30x clip on macro lens for a phone camera.

This is only 15x, trichs are destroyed tho cause its dispensary weed 🤣🤣
20221225 114930

steamroller

steamroller

I am the chop early guy and you need just a little more amber IMO.
Amber is the THC degrading so you don't a lot, unless couch lock is your thing, but you want to know the other trichs are at peak.
Give her a little more.
And yeah flushing is bro science to say the least.
Fed properly you have declined your installations of ferts anyways.
The leaves eating mobile nutes is the flush you want to see.
Nice looking plant! Enjoy!!! 👍

LeeGrowsColas

LeeGrowsColas

15x or 30x clip on macro lens for a phone camera.

This is only 15x, trichs are destroyed tho cause its dispensary weed 🤣🤣
View attachment 1321778
Damn that's a good pic for 15x. I was actually looking at the clip ons but wasn't sure if it would be clear enough or close enough to see the trichomes. This works for you to tell when to harvest?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Damn that's a good pic for 15x. I was actually looking at the clip ons but wasn't sure if it would be clear enough or close enough to see the trichomes. This works for you to tell when to harvest?
To be 100% honest, i havent used it on a live plant yet. None of my stuff is in that window yet and i only just got it from my wife for Christmas.

Top Bottom