Trichomes ready for harvest - too clear?

• Thread starter Samsonite420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samsonite420

Samsonite420

I'm not sure if my plant is ready to harvest. This was a quarantined bored experiment that for the most part worked out. I started her from seed at the end of August but didn’t start flowering until February. We're going on 10 weeks since I started the 12/12 switch. I did over stress her and hermied her going into week 4, but couldn't chop her. I've been picking off pollen sacs full of nanners and theyve seemed to stop, the buds are still pretty decent and heavy, and I haven't even had one dead leaf the life of this plant. A few pictures (not shown) showed some amber trichomes, but now I'm not sure if that was just the angle of the camera, the lights, or my eyes playing tricks on me. Does this seem too soon to harvest? I couldn't tell you what strain it is as this was just a random seed I found in some flower from the dispensary.

20210416 092354
20210416 110308
20210416 092420
Billymgb

Billymgb

It is really up to you now. If you wait a week or 2 it will just get stronger. If it were me I would flush for a week then check them again. Good luck my friend.

Samsonite420

Samsonite420

It is really up to you now. If you wait a week or 2 it will just get stronger. If it were me I would flush for a week then check them again. Good luck my friend.

Thanks, I've never looked at trichomes up close before so definitely needed reassurance. I'll give it at least another week. Just glad I didn't toss her when she hermied, was a pain picking off hermied sacs but bud looks, smells, and feels fine so far and 0 seeding.

Samsonite420

Samsonite420

What's the whole plant look like
I should have trimmed a lot more during vegging, so there are so many small branches off of each other.

When I take the pictures with my camera it looks like theres some amber, not sure though if that's just a reflection. Timing wise its been 10 week into flowering, going on 11. But not sure what strain she is and had a long vegging stage and some mishaps flowering (trimmed too many leaves too late in the game).

20210419 095513
20210419 095506
20210419 095808
Last edited:
520Gthumb

520Gthumb

All ur trich’s are clear! WAIT!!!! Do not harvest yet, unless u have to. You want to wait for aprox 25% amber 50% milky and 25% clear. This is an avg. a lot depends on cultivar. You will get a much stronger medicine if u wait. My guess is 7 days. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom