Trichomes Reverting from amber to cloudy???

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I've got a scrog of QB's super silver haze from Harborside. They seemed on the verge of turning from cloudy to amber (about 10%) so I began to flush with Earth Juice catalyst and hi brix molasses and changed to a mh bulb. I swear now the amber trichomes seem to have disappeared leaving only the cloudy ones. The buds are nice and plump with about 50% of the pistils turned orange. They are at 47 days. A 2 week flush would bring them to about 60 days. But now thinking I might of jumped the gun. Last grow most of the trichomes were cloudy for weeks before beginning to turn amber but the pistils didn't turn so soon. Would it would be better to stop the flush and go back to feeding for a few weeks more? Wish I'd kept better notes from the last grow.
Terrible photos I'll work on some better ones.

IMG 0305
IMG 0311
dorjewright

dorjewright

2 harvested buds. Some clear, some amber, 90% cloudy, all pistils browning. Seems rediculously early at 48 days. Most of the other buds have some white pistils. Tried a bud picked a week ago , great high from just a toke or 2. I guess I'll keep flushing and pick bud by bud. Any ideas? ANyone have finishing info for this strain of ssh?

IMG 0380
medic

medic

I've got the same thing with my Y Griega, Medical Seeds co. said 80 to 90 days and i have 3. 2 are still looking like they should at 55 days but the other 1 seems like its bout done already.

The 1st pic shows the pistils red and trics clouding some the other 2 plants are way behind with just the white pistils its weird
DSC00187
DSC00189

Chobble

Chobble

2 harvested buds. Some clear, some amber, 90% cloudy, all pistils browning. Seems rediculously early at 48 days. Most of the other buds have some white pistils. Tried a bud picked a week ago , great high from just a toke or 2. I guess I'll keep flushing and pick bud by bud. Any ideas? ANyone have finishing info for this strain of ssh?

This is some very interesting SSH. Im kinda leaning towards the side that it's not actually SSH. Harborside has been known to mix up clones before :P

Chobble

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Maybe close lights or other environmental factor, causing some early amber before going cloudy, then the rest start clouding? Don't know much about hazes but have a mango variety which goes clear to amber and then can get sortof amber-cloudy.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I always thought SSH is a 10-12 week strain, some haze hybrids can go for 10 weeks and other more pure haze strains can go 12-14 and some can take up to 16 weeks. For it to look like it's almost ready in only 7 weeks is weird, maybe Chobble is right and it's not SSH. Sorry I really coulndn't help out bro, good luck!!

Chobble

Chobble

I always thought SSH is a 10-12 week strain, some haze hybrids can go for 10 weeks and other more pure haze strains can go 12-14 and some can take up to 16 weeks. For it to look like it's almost ready in only 7 weeks is weird, maybe Chobble is right and it's not SSH. Sorry I really coulndn't help out bro, good luck!!

I have a very pure Haze strain (My strawberry cough) and its an 8 week flower.

Chobble

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have a very pure Haze strain (My strawberry cough) and its an 8 week flower.

Chobble

No I didn't mean strains with a higher sativa percentage automatically take longer to flower. I was just giving an estimate on the majority of sativa dom strains. For example, Super Lemon Haze (SLH) is about 60% sativa (an estimate) and its a 10 week strain, Neville's Haze is around 80% sativa and it takes 14 weeks to flower. Your right Chobble, there are some sativa dom strains that happened to pick up the short flowering time of the indica's in there genetic line, but what I said before is just a basis to follow, some strains differ in flower time so it's not meant to be taken as exact flowering times.

dorjewright

dorjewright

I went for the 9 week harvest as Harborside recommended. At that point the buds had developed some nose, stickyness and a scattering of amber. They also looked like they were beginning to swell. Small pokadots of a lighter green scattered over the bud, a few with new pistils.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I went for the 9 week harvest as Harborside recommended. At that point the buds had developed some nose, stickyness and a scattering of amber. They also looked like they were beginning to swell. Small pokadots of a lighter green scattered over the bud, a few with new pistils.

I don't know bro, I never grew SSH and don't have much experience with haze's in general. Just chop it down and see what happens :D

Top Bottom