Trichs ,leaves And Harvest Timing??

• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

ok so I'm on first indoor grow. Outdoors I always let em rock til first frost of year hit. This harvest timing is confusing to me and I'm sure a lot of newer growers. Figured I'd start thread n hopefully get better understandings as to what I'm looking at in the scope and how it plays with other signs on the plant like water uptake and yellowing of fans. I'm pretty sure everyone has same goal of harvesting at that right time. And more experienced growers don't seem to post much about it cause it's second nature to them now. Hoping to get some experienced growers to weigh in on this thread. And of course find out where my plant is at right now. My situation is a little tricky. To me at least. Next post will be my details and pics. looking forward to seeing more posts ,pics and more questions on this topic to learn from.

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0718
IMG 0721
IMG 0733
IMG 0734
IMG 0735
IMG 0737
Ok so my plants been through a mess of a life but now I am day 53 flower.
Soil grow
AN nutes ( bud blood bud candy rhino skin and have flawless finish but not sure if I should use it. )
The plant in question had about week and half more veg time but all flipped 12/12 same day
Veg on this plant was 10 weeks because at 5 weeks I just got past the pests that killed 9 other plants.
Last measure was 45-1/2 inches tall
Green crack indica dominant not sativa ( flower time 9-10 weeks according to crop king seeds where I got the seeds. )
I'm looking for more on couchlock not uppity
My fan leaves are still not yellowing at all and pistils aren't turning. There are some red but mostly like a yellowish color not white.
I can't tell when amber is coming into my trichs. Or how cloudy. But it seems to not be swelling like stalled and water uptake is also stalling.
Pics. Thanks for any help. I'm running clean water now as I think 2 weeks should be real close. But again I'm asking opinions cause I don't know the answers. These are pics of plant in question. Other 2 plants have glassy looking clear trichs and colas still filling.

Dunge

Dunge

Nice plant.
Well done.

Is your 'water uptake' observation measured or estimated?
She should still be drinking well.
Trich clarity is only one of many "ripeness" indicators.
I'd expect at least another two weeks.

Good luck.

Monster762

Monster762

Nice plant.
Well done.

Good luck.
Yeah I put in a measured amount and it's taking longer for the 5 gal bucket to get lite again. It was going dry/ light every day then every other day now it's taking 3-4 days and still not dry. I water by 20 oz Gatorade bottles with holes drilled in the cap to make it shower top of soil evenly. Usually I give 3 bottles and get little runoff.

Monster762

Monster762

Nice plant.
Well done.

Good luck.
Running clean water no nutes now won't hurt though right?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Watwr only is what I do last 2 weeks for past 4 yrs with perfect results every time

X2 in about 2 more weeks. Drop those temps day and night and it should bring out all kinds of pink and purple tones.

Monster762

Monster762

Watwr only is what I do last 2 weeks for past 4 yrs with perfect results every time

X2 in about 2 more weeks. Drop those temps day and night and it should bring out all kinds of pink and purple tones.
Ok will do. I planned to drop temps because in nature they drop. And I'm gonna let dry out at end and dark room it for 48 hrs before I chop. Also using little bit cooler water during the flush time.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you wet trim, DON'T do any dark period. All the sugar leaves will suck up to the bud making it very hard to trim. I learned that myself.

Monster762

Monster762

If you wet trim, DON'T do any dark period. All the sugar leaves will suck up to the bud making it very hard to trim. I learned that myself.
Ok. I was thinking let the sugars dry around the buds n just trim fans wet. Try to slow the dry. Last year had outdoor plant it went bone dry in 2 days and had grassy smell I couldn't fix.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I set chop.in Thursday.onto dry nets in my flower room, 75* and 50%rh. I bag or jar (formerly) them Monday morning. Burp in bags to under 70%eh. Then into jars, still burping to 55-60% max. Then only open as needed. A cure gets the grassy smell out.

Monster762

Monster762

I set chop.in Thursday.onto dry nets in my flower room, 75* and 50%rh. I bag or jar (formerly) them Monday morning. Burp in bags to under 70%eh. Then into jars, still burping to 55-60% max. Then only open as needed. A cure gets the grassy smell out.
How do you tell the humidity in jar? Is there little strips or something? I got half gal masons.

Monster762

Monster762

I began clean water couple days back. . Now if it drags longer than 2 weeks is the lack of nutes going to have effect on yield or potency ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It shouldn't

Potency is determined by the strain, not bottles. And grower knowledge.

Monster762

Monster762

It shouldn't

Potency is determined by the strain, not bottles. And grower knowledge.
Ok. I just read a lot and something said by pushing nutes out too early it will decrease yield and resin production. By the green color and overall appearance of plant it definately isn't starving. I'm just going to continue the clean water then. I ordered 6 of those meters for humidity in jar. the strain says 21% thc.

thanks for reply.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok trichs look like they changed drastically since cold watering and plant didn't show new colors just looks little whiter or pale color.
Are these amber trichs??
Dark tips. Taken from top bud and a lower bud. 100x
IMG 0813
IMG 0814

BudBogart

BudBogart

Ok trichs look like they changed drastically since cold watering and plant didn't show new colors just looks little whiter or pale color.
Are these amber trichs??
Dark tips. Taken from top bud and a lower bud. 100x View attachment 741949View attachment 741950
Yes, these are Amber trichs. The one in the earlier pics were half cleat and half cloudy. Your pistils are still long and white. They should be absorbed into swollen calyx, so the pistils will get shorter looking as they fully mature.

Top Bottom