Trichs not ambering.

• Thread starter funkfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

funkfarmer

Hey everyone, Ive been growing some white widow for a little over a year have had about 3 harvests so far and i never get amber trichs. I have let the plants go 9 weeks to over 12 weeks and never see any amber have a jewelers loupe and the radio shack micro. When i let them go past 10 weeks they get horrible looking yellow,brown crispy leaves everywhere,even started to creep up on the buds. I grow dwc with gh 3 part and use fox farm adds. (open sesame,beastie blooms and cha ching). Could it be from too much nitrogen? Also i am using 1000 watts of hps. Thanks

sun

sun

for long flowering sats that wont turn amber ,cut the light back 2 hours.ww is indy dom though right?

L

livinglegend

hey man. wait for the cloudy and pull it.
i had a purple master kush strain that was nearly impossible to get an exact harvest date on it. I had to get away from it. It was fine one day, then the next it was past due. i cant give you too much of an explanation, i just think i know what your going through and thats what i did.

are you not happy with the smoke when pulled at 9 weeks? or shortly after they turn cloudy?

I

ismokepot

It's funny...... I'm having the same issues with Dr. Candyland's O'Dawg- a Chemdog hybrid. Tomorrow is 13 weeks and no amber in site- but everything is totally cloudy. I cut my lights back to 10 hours 3 weeks ago. Total flush for a month or so. I was hoping for some amber trichs before cutting but I can't imagine waiting much longer...............

B

been

Maybe if you can get the temps low enough you'll see some amber.

F

FastForward

Not all varieties have trichs that turn amber from what I've read - and you end up getting browns, which is bad/overdone.....

sun

sun

im not an indy grower so im just be wrong about this but ive read that only sats turn amber & that amber on indys is just thc degrading into canibinoids (less psycoactive)

L

livinglegend

yeah thats pretty much what im saying FF.
what happened the first run for me was........
i waited till the trichs were cloudy, than waited for amber to show up, waited and waited, than i said no way im harvesting. The buds looked fine still, but they were far from it. The buds turned out crap. i mean useless crap.

beware fellas, dont go too long.

sun

sun

now im not an indica grower so i might be just plain wrong about this ,but ive read that only sats get amber trichs & that indys dont truly turn amber only brown (degraded thc to canibidoids)

F

funkfarmer

Thanks for all the responces, The smoke is killer when i pull them after 10 weeks. No complaints there, its just that i wanted to experience some with amber trichs. This definatly must be a strain that does not amber, Oh well off to smoke some cloudy trichs.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are using aminos this delays senescence. Colors are only a rough guideline. I do believe for most grower this saying is true"if you think its done give it another week". But you can tell when a plant has hit its peak not fattening up etc. JK

B

Blkhwk

My last grow was ww, and i too had that problem...There were a few amber trichs, but the plant was mostly cloudy, and i had been flushing for 3 weeks, so i chopped it down...It was good smoke, but was looking more for a close your eyes kinda stone, and it didn't seem to do that.

S

sparky421

Thanks for all the responces, The smoke is killer when i pull them after 10 weeks. No complaints there, its just that i wanted to experience some with amber trichs. This definatly must be a strain that does not amber, Oh well off to smoke some cloudy trichs.

Funk
Maybe you can answer this for me.
White Widow? So you pull after 10 weeks?
Is that 10 weeks of 12/12 or 10 weeks since the first flower appeared? which can take a week or two on the widow.

F

funkfarmer

10 weeks from 12/12. Yeah, i know you start counting when you see flowers. That is something i just found out.

S

scuba steve

Cloudy is very close to being done temp has alot to do with amber for me at least,sativas seem to have more auburn than indies,if they are cloudy and not clear you should have some great bud.Good luck.Steve

Top Bottom