Trim bin - worth it?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

Do you think the trim bin is worth it? How much of a difference does it make on there?

threatco

threatco

Do you think the trim bin is worth it? How much of a difference does it make on there?

This? If so I would not bother with it no.

I don't think you'll get many trichomes trimming wet weed

I would rather my trichomes not fall off when touching a screen.

Also, no need to separate fallen trichomes from plant material if you just run all that stuff through some kind of extraction, like an easy qwiso run

That's just me

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

I used it during the cure to let the buds out to breathe on. Worked great for gathering trichs.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Great if you are dry trimming. Pointless if you wet trim. I just use the aluminium baking pans. That way I can toss them and buy new ones when needed.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Kitty litter bins from the dollar store are basically the same thing for 3.00 (CAN) without the arm areas to sit in. If you want to be a baller in the grow room or are big into kief then the trim bins are great but if wanting to save money then no they are not worth it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Kitty litter bins from the dollar store are basically the same thing for 3.00 (CAN) without the arm areas to sit in. If you want to be a baller in the grow room or are big into kief then the trim bins are great but if wanting to save money then no they are not worth it.
If your sitting for 6-8 hrs at a time day after day trimmin it’s more than worth it. Peeps can trim longer and faster for extended amounts of time because of the strain it relieves on your lower and upper back and shoulders and arms witch = more production = more $.
Bought 2 and paid for themselves the first harvest, the big plus was the clean keef that had a big result witch helped = more $:)

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

If your sitting for 6-8 hrs at a time day after day trimmin it’s more than worth it. Peeps can trim longer and faster for extended amounts of time because of the strain it relieves on your lower and upper back and shoulders and arms witch = more production = more $.
Bought 2 and paid for themselves the first harvest, the big plus was the clean keef that had a big result witch helped = more $:)
Good to know it helped you guys so much. I will keep that in mind, thanks.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I like them just because they're so ergonomic. I can put on a movie and relax on the couch with it on my lap and trim all night, resting my arms in the arm spots... No trimmer fatigue in the shoulder anymore.

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I would likely only be trimming 2 plants every like 2 months with it. Do you think it is worth it for that? Do you get more resin with this or is it just easier to trim with? Would I get the same amount of resin with a screen in the bottom of an aluminum turkey bin? I want to keep the smell down as much as I can which means I would likely try to trim fast and the ergonomics are not a big need for now on there.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Thanks. I would likely only be trimming 2 plants every like 2 months with it. Do you think it is worth it for that? Do you get more resin with this or is it just easier to trim with? Would I get the same amount of resin with a screen in the bottom of an aluminum turkey bin? I want to keep the smell down as much as I can which means I would likely try to trim fast and the ergonomics are not a big need for now on there.
No, in your case I do not think it is worth it. Only maybe if you are a trimmer by trade or run a large facility.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

It’s $50 bucks not $500. If you’re growing successfully and not paying for bud, just buy it. After one use and a big pile of kief you’ll be happy.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I have one of those and the other type too sold by Monster Gardens but I cant remember what they call it.
I use the bins but not for intended purpose...Just a good way to get a quick and ez dry sift when I wanna play with some kief or makes a nice bin to catch frosty goodies I snip off by accident.

I'm kind of a weirdo now I think when I trim. I've tried doing it like most people, sitting down with a bin and snips and just grind thru the ordeal but man it was way too exhausting
Today I trim wet but leave a lot of frosty leaf on and I trim where they stand, working around the plant like a barber cutting hair. Yoyos keep the plants upright so they kinda work like a 3rd and 4th hand while I trim.
I like to stand while I trim because I work faster so I put in anti-fatigue flooring in my g/room. I slide one plant out and go at it. I use a combo of 2 sets Bonsai Hero electric snips and 4 pairs of scissor snips to chop 8-11 plants I grow for personal use. It's like a day at a salon or something, doing one client after another. A job that would once take a me a few days to get thru is usually done in one now

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I mainly want it for getting more kief. Do you think a foil turkey pan would get the same amount of kief without a screen on it on there?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Just waiting on mine in the mail I'm told .soon no numb fingers and hands ....

Top Bottom