Trim fresh or dry?

• Thread starter inimitable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
inimitable

inimitable

Hey homies, quick Q.

Is it better to trim nugz after the plant has already dried or when it’s still fresh?

Grow Up

Grow Up

The latter is definitely you’re preferred option IMO. It takes a LOT longer to get curled dried leafs off an already dried bud, and almost impossible to them manicured to the same state of perfection you can attain trimming fresh off the plants.

forsaken

forsaken

Yep, that's true, even wilted leaves are a bitch to trim off. I cut down four plants at a time and three people spend about an hour trimming those up before the next four are cut down and so on. If I cut the whole lot after a few hours most have wilted. Only did this once and tried to revive their turgidity by putting cut branches in water, but it wasn't very effective and we ran out of buckets and space in the bath.

sitar dreamer

sitar dreamer

what about trimming them on a full moon? i’ve heard all sort of astrological events are responsible for giving the type of high you will get. like if you harvest during certain planetary alignments.

peace

zombie III

zombie III

i wouldn’t recommended trimming dry, but if you’re gonna do it, dont do it with spindly plants grown in semi shade or something. the worst plants to trim are fluffy outdoor sativas. trimming sparse growth is just a real pain and takes forever. i just got this new strain that was supposed to be Chemdog but looks nothing like it. either way - awesome. buds are super dense with only a few sugary leaves to trim off, dries to lovely golfball size nugz.

Fearless

Fearless

Try changing strain. I never got migraines but would get nausea and a headache from trimming if the air temps were warm. Though I still grow skunk I grow a less pungent strain.

Top Bottom