• Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Trying looking it up can't find anything

Any advice on any trim machines. Either hand or mechanical

R

redshift75

If i were to go with a mechanical trimmer. I would just op to build one and id just go with a dry sift tumbler. But some of those wet trimmer setups aren't too bad. i just think its overkill to do both so for the wet trimmers id just stick to cutting off big fans and id personally go a dry tumbler setup. I prefer to hand trim and enjoy it. but honestly, it hits the point id be ok with tumbling 80% and keeping 20% of the good stuff to trim that's the top colas by hand or whatever. I in no way like trim bowls. I think they could be useful if you are like a dry to smoke grower and don't really have time to trim and are always in a constant grow/dry/smoke cycle. But short of that those are too much damage and i draw my line in the sand personally at the dry tumble trimmer setups. Not so much the trimbag cause i don't like mixing bud that much. but its pretty awesome if you were highly commercial.

Logic being at least with the dry matter from tumblers you can sift it for the kief if you are worried about that. :) or even make a pollen tumbler to tumble the trim and extra matter :)

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

If i were to go with a mechanical trimmer. I would just op to build one and id just go with a dry sift tumbler. But some of those wet trimmer setups aren't too bad. i just think its overkill to do both so for the wet trimmers id just stick to cutting off big fans and id personally go a dry tumbler setup. I prefer to hand trim and enjoy it. but honestly, it hits the point id be ok with tumbling 80% and keeping 20% of the good stuff to trim that's the top colas by hand or whatever. I in no way like trim bowls. I think they could be useful if you are like a dry to smoke grower and don't really have time to trim and are always in a constant grow/dry/smoke cycle. But short of that those are too much damage and i draw my line in the sand personally at the dry tumble trimmer setups. Not so much the trimbag cause i don't like mixing bud that much. but its pretty awesome if you were highly commercial.

Logic being at least with the dry matter from tumblers you can sift it for the kief if you are worried about that. :) or even make a pollen tumbler to tumble the trim and extra matter :)

I'll have to look into some of they. The wet or dry. I will probably do dry right for sure. I was looking at the trim bag

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

So, I bought the trim bag and use it. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what but it really didn't remove much at all. It seemed to keep a lot of the stems that are poking out the sides didn't break them off or anyting kept a lot of the leaves. How dry does the bud have to be

logdog

logdog

So, I bought the trim bag and use it. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what but it really didn't remove much at all. It seemed to keep a lot of the stems that are poking out the sides didn't break them off or anyting kept a lot of the leaves. How dry does the bud have to be
a friend of mine has one he loves it but the stuff has to be pretty dry, drier than I like to go before jarring them up to cure, but I prefer to trim wet so there that. LOL

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Mine are pretty dry. But I can see what u mean bone dry almost.

Do u use a machine for wet trim?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Just wondering so I can be jealous here. How much bud are you talking about? Dry trimmers require really dry bud. They break rather than cut. Cut any fan leaves off at chop to speed drying. They don’t add anything to drying bud but more unwanted moisture. Mechanically trimmed bud is usually pretty obvious by it’s shape.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Just wondering so I can be jealous here. How much bud are you talking about? Dry trimmers require really dry bud. They break rather than cut. Cut any fan leaves off at chop to speed drying. They don’t add anything to drying bud but more unwanted moisture. Mechanically trimmed bud is usually pretty obvious by it’s shape.

So which is better.

Lots of buds. Don't want to give out to much detail but usually done by people but costing too much. Was wondering if the machine is worth it or not

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

So which is better.

Lots of buds. Don't want to give out to much detail but usually done by people but costing too much. Was wondering if the machine is worth it or not
Guess you’ll have to try it and see what customers say. But here on review pages it’s noted that it’s mechanically trimmed when posting or by an early commenter. It’s not a positive in a review.

Top Bottom