Trim to Hash to Rosin

• Thread starter FourthCity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourthCity

FourthCity

Just sharing my experience on making that left over trim into something special!

What you need:
160 micron hash bag
5 gallon bucket
2lbs dry ice per 3oz of trim
5 small containers for keef
25 micron rosin bags
rosin press

I take my fresh dried trimmings about 3oz at a time and place them in a 160 micron hash bag with no more than 2 lbs of dry ice. I shake the closed hash bag from the top while suspending it inside the bucket so I can collect the keef without making a mess. I do this in two minute increments, collecting (old gift cards work great) and keeping everything separate each time. You will find with each interval the keef becomes more green as additional plant material gets broken down by the dry ice, this why we want to keep each collection separate. You should end up with something like this:

Fresh trim

The two on the left are pure enough that they can be pressed into a nice hash or saved for rosin. The next two wont make a great smoke but you can still squeeze some nice rosin out of them, while the last one is really only good for making oil which has been covered in other threads here.

To get the rosin I use anywhere from 1-3 grams in a 25 micron bag loaded bottle tech style and pressed with my nugsmasher mini.

Fresh trim rosin 3

This pull used 1 gram of the keef pictured above on the left at 185f for 3 minutes.

Fresh trim rosin 4

This produced .65 g on the first press and another .08g on the second.

Fresh trim rosin 5

All ready to enjoy!

Chester13

Chester13

Just sharing my experience on making that left over trim into something special!

What you need:
160 micron hash bag
5 gallon bucket
25 micron rosin bags
rosin press

I take my fresh dried trimmings about 3oz at a time and place them in a 160 micron hash bag with no more than 2 lbs of dry ice. I shake the closed hash bag from the top while suspending it inside the bucket so I can collect the keef without making a mess. I do this in two minute increments, collecting (old gift cards work great) and keeping everything separate each time. You will find with each interval the keef becomes more green as additional plant material gets broken down by the dry ice, this why we want to keep each collection separate. You should end up with something like this:

View attachment 907544

The two on the left are pure enough that they can be pressed into a nice hash or saved for rosin. The next two wont make a great smoke but you can still squeeze some nice rosin out of them, while the last one is really only good for making oil which has been covered in other threads here.

To get the rosin I use anywhere from 1-3 grams in a 25 micron bag loaded bottle tech style and pressed with my nugsmasher mini.

View attachment 907546

This pull used 1 gram of the keef pictured above on the left at 185f for 3 minutes.

View attachment 907547

View attachment 907548

All ready to enjoy!
NICE work bro, wish I had that to smoke. I have lots of nice bubble but no rosin press

bjjbandit

bjjbandit

What you need:
160 micron hash bag
5 gallon bucket
25 micron rosin bags
rosin press

View attachment 907544

View attachment 907546

View attachment 907547

View attachment 907548

All ready to enjoy!
Tks for the info great read đź‘Š

Top Bottom