TRIM tutorial

• Thread starter zzzybil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zzzybil

zzzybil

There must be some tips , or processes to make it either better organised or better finish .

How big a sin to just leave the sugar leaves ?

About the only thing I think I've learned on my own is pluck the fan leaf stems out or they'll turn into tiny stiks in your bud if yuh just trim the leaf off ! Whether start at top or bottom ? Is there a ''trick'' to the plucking ?

There must be a ''OCD'' or perfectionist that would share tips or steps .........

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It depends how you like it or how your customers like it. The more leafy matter left on the more dry weight there is but you also risk a slightly harsher smoke if not fully cured. Some like to give it a “dispensary” trim and others like to leave the sugar leaves almost fully intact. I’m much more towards the dispensary trim but I still like to leave most of the frostiness intact. The choice is yours.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's a matter of preference, really. Try to nip the fanleaves off as close to the stem as possible if you decide to trim them off. If you leave them on during drying and/or curing, a lot of them might fall off by themselves. I usually trim them up and remove most of the leaves, but I don't obsessively trim them up like a dispensaries might have them presented. I had both ways and prefer less leaf matter, just because if I grab a bud and stuff it in a bowl, I don't have the dried up leaves sticking out, catching on fire, and dropping into my lap. The sugar leaves have a considerable ability to get you where you want to be, but it is less desirable than regular buds and I usually use the leftovers from trimming to make oil or similar concentrates. I made brownies once decades ago with just the leaves. They were very strong but tasted like an alfalfa sandwich with chocolate… not to mention picking out the little stems that seem to escape grinding.
It's all up to you...there isn't a right or wrong way, except not enjoying it.

Top Bottom