Trimmers? Better or worse yield?

• Thread starter pacificdunes74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

Looking into the electric trimmers. Advanced has a new one that's supposed to be nice . Anyone who uses one let me know if there is any downsides. Trimming is becoming tiresome!! Don't want to lose to much yield though. At least it will bag the hash materials. Thanks for any help.

H

humboldtlocal

I had the samurai from advanced and it was garbage. Poorly built and the blades went dull after the first couple of days. Now I have two Twisters. I have done 40+ pound days with it. Does a very tight job. Some strains I still have to touch up a little after after running through the machine but not too bad. Saves me a ton of money, time and peace of mind. I get a way better yield because it trims all of the small buds that a lazy hand trimmer would never bother with. On my scale it adds up to many pounds and has paid for my machines many times over.

IMG 5718

IMG 5608

IMG 5602

IMG 5302

IMG 5285

IMG 5422bubba

F

foolsgold

someone is a badass. that thing is intense. those are some hefty nugs. i always like to take the time to carefully hand trim my shit, but then again i've never had a harvest more than a QP.

X

Xceptional

someone is a badass. that thing is intense. those are some hefty nugs. i always like to take the time to carefully hand trim my shit, but then again i've never had a harvest more than a QP.

yeah i a qp isn't shit to hand trip perfectly. when you got 100x that amount like the dude here you have no choice but to use a trimmer or open your operation up to hired help.

F

foolsgold

yeah i a qp isn't shit to hand trip perfectly. when you got 100x that amount like the dude here you have no choice but to use a trimmer or open your operation up to hired help.

lol. how true. i think my hands would fall off if i had to do that much trimming by hand. i've never even heard of these trimmers before. are there other uses for them besides manicuring buds?

N

negative 1

GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY! are you serious with that crazy ass machine? beautiful. i've trimmed up a pound and a half by hand but enjoy it so i don't complain if i get tired i take a break. jesus though the size of that fist nug is CRAZY bro! what strain is this if you don't mind me asking?

H

humboldtlocal

The strain in that pic is a local Bubba Kush. There is a video on youtube of the Twister trimming hops. I have heard that the machines that large farms use to separate hops cost like $150k so this would be a cheap alternative. Not that these are cheep but they have been a life saver for me.

S

Sunshinegrower

How much hand work do you have to do first before? Then how much after let say for 10lbs worth? This comes out top shelf or just as nice as the hand method? I have always wonder about these as I sat trimming for days. Big gamble to find out that it hacked the shit out of some grade A stuff. This is what I love about the internet... Where else would I run into someone with this???

L

Lost

Doesn't the trim machine break off a lot of trichs though?

It breaks off some on the outside and if its a shit trimmer or left tumbling too long yea.. But seriously, hand trimming for than 5-8 lbs in a week will make you go mad.

anyone use those automated scissor things?

G

grapeape

fuck yes!!!!! trimming one pound is a major pain in the ass.. lol. i'm a firm believer in the trim machine. any help i can get is a plus and it doesn't have a mouth to get me busted..lol

Top Bottom