Trimming bud while growing help

• Thread starter Perk204
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perk204

Perk204

Does anyone trim leaves around the bud while it’s growing?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Yes but not too much, only if the leaf is shading another bud site.

Perk204

Perk204

Okay. I have some pretty big leaves on my bud sites and didn’t know if that would slow the growth? Was worried about trimming too much

Perk204

Perk204

What strain are those plants if you don’t mind me asking? Looking for my next strain and I don’t want a real tall plant! I’m new to this but absolutely love it. I usually stick to tress/fruit

Perk204

Perk204

Beautiful. Mine are a lot different. These are lemon haze. Do I need to trim up more leaves like the bigger ones? Sorry I’m asking so much
4AFA0B20 2D27 49C0 A681 FCC3C30BD4C9

Stinkytent

Stinkytent

It’s totally cool 💯. Not too many because the fan leaves feed your plant , so only critical leaves that block areas that need light , in my opinion you have a good canopy going on I wouldn’t want to take many more at this point and you did a great job👏👏👏 they actually look like they are About to swell up I would leave them be.

Perk204

Perk204

Awesome. I trimmed quite a bit that was blocking a lot of bud sites. I have been keeping my trimmings and freezing them. What do y’all like to do with them? Or are they useless? I never knew growing plants could be so fun 😅

Stinkytent

Stinkytent

It’s super fun for sure 😎👊 ! I personally love watching the growth patterns so much life in these plants 🌱!!! I put them into my soil to feed the next plant in my garden hahah I’m sure there’s tons of awesome things you can do with them ! They also taste good !

quirk

quirk

What strain are those plants if you don’t mind me asking? Looking for my next strain and I don’t want a real tall plant! I’m new to this but absolutely love it. I usually stick to tress/fruit

It's the same plant, Auto BlueBerry Domina.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Awesome. I trimmed quite a bit that was blocking a lot of bud sites. I have been keeping my trimmings and freezing them. What do y’all like to do with them? Or are they useless? I never knew growing plants could be so fun 😅

i used to throw out even my trimmings. Only recently, starting to stock up instead.

yes, its a personal preference as to what you do with such by-products (i.e. other than buds). Fan leaves would be the lowest grade, ranging through to the higher grades of sugar leaves, trim, lollipops to the nuggets/buds. so, of course the potency of the end-product from these by-products would vary on these 'ingredients'.

i regard fan leaves as garnish material.

i'm only just getting into it - edibles, decarboxylation, tinctures, infusion (coconut oil), even bubble bags. i'm gathering the gear together to do my first lot of test runs making canna caps & tinctures. i'm even collecting the poo (AVB) after a vape. i'm gonna find out for myself.

what i find interesting besides using such 'by-products' of grow/harvest is also the different delivery/consumption methods - instead of vape/smoking to the lungs, either delivered through the tongue & mouth drinking tinctures which goes to kidney/liver or eating thru the digestive system.

my premium buds are reserved for smoking/vaping. the lower the grade of the by-product, the more you need to use in any 'recipe' to give a kick in its potency, i gather.

Last edited:
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Get a tortoise, iguana or some live stock. Goats, sheep, cows and such love the fan leaves and stalks. It's really good for any mammal.

Top Bottom