Trimming buds - how little can I get away with?

• Thread starter smaccio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smaccio

smaccio

Growing just for myself, which is to say I'm not super-concerned with appearance, and it turns out I have very little patience for manicuring these buds. Seems I have a lazy streak! I wet-trimmed to this point, and the stuff smokes fine with a few leaves still present. What are your thoughts about the need or no-need to trim further?
IMG 5012

Ponky

Ponky

I pull off the fans. Dry on a rack. And trim before I roll it. I used to spend 20 hours doing marathon trim sessions. Now I just smoke the crowns.

TSD

TSD

I leave mine like that through curing cause I find the sugar leaves protect the inner trichs when I'm shaking them around. When I get bored, I go through and manicure a bag/jar at a time and save the sugar leaves for edibles... otherwise I just pluck off those leaves as I smoke it and save them and chuck them in the jar.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I dont trim my stash until I'm smoking it. I remove all the fan leaves before hang drying but leave all the sugar leaves on. Then it gets cured and stored that way.
I'll often pull out an oz at a time to trim up for my stash box. But the whole crop in storage looks like this.
20210709 172545

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Growing just for myself, which is to say I'm not super-concerned with appearance, and it turns out I have very little patience for manicuring these buds. Seems I have a lazy streak! I wet-trimmed to this point, and the stuff smokes fine with a few leaves still present. What are your thoughts about the need or no-need to trim further?
View attachment 1192273
If you find out about the less-than-stellar trimming job you're trying to foist off on yourself, you'll be fucking outraged. But as long as no one tells you...

BDH420

BDH420

Here is a pic of some Trimmed Royal Truth (Long Valley Kush x The Truth) The Left is untrimmed and the right is trimmed. I did leave some of my TexadaTimeWarp untrimmed but that's because I'm lazy and just trim as I smoke them. Sorry for the horrible quality of the pic. But it's a cool comparison.
RoyalTruth

Top Bottom