Trimming inside grow tent for odor control?

• Thread starter Rastakari2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rastakari2

I have the trimming of my second harvest ever coming soon. I have a 70x70x160cm tent and I am thinking of pulling the light up and going inside the tent to trim since I can’t think of any other way for controlling the smell. Have you guys done the same or do you have any other suggestions for me?

G

GreenNotYellow

Hey there! I'm not even sure if I understand...so you have a grow tent and you want to trim the leaves just to get rid of the smell or do you wanna trim them cuz it's time for trimming? If just the smell then I'd say put a common carbon filter next to the vent and it will help with the smell. Although, would help to see your tent before judging, any photo please?

N

Natep

You are going to use you tent as a trim room. Yeah it will control the smell. But man it’s kind of a lot to sit in there for any amount of time. I think I would just crank up my in-line fan open the door and trim in front of it.

Z

Zill

Natep,

Pulling leaves will not reduce plant odor. Most of those wonderful scents are made in the smaller leaves surrounding the buds and the buds themselves are loaded with trichomes.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I have the trimming of my second harvest ever coming soon. I have a 70x70x160cm tent and I am thinking of pulling the light up and going inside the tent to trim since I can’t think of any other way for controlling the smell. Have you guys done the same or do you have any other suggestions for me?
The worst for me smell wise is when I decarb for butter. It's sickeningly pungent sometimes and we just have to all go outside for air.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Human hand spraying air freshener

N

Natep

Natep,

Pulling leaves will not reduce plant odor. Most of those wonderful scents are made in the smaller leaves surrounding the buds and the buds themselves are loaded with trichomes.
I don’t think that is what he meant. I think he is going to use it as a trim room.

MEGA956

MEGA956

I like being comfortable when I trim, get a comfy chair, watch a few movies.. I don't know how comfortable I would be inside the tent but it can be done.

Update us on how it goes.

R

Rastakari2

I like being comfortable when I trim, get a comfy chair, watch a few movies.. I don't know how comfortable I would be inside the tent but it can be done.

Update us on how it goes.
It is 70x70x160cm tent. 60x60 would be super tight but 70x70 might work

Newty

Newty

You don't need to bring everything that needs trimmed out of the tent at once. Trim/process 1 plant, put it away, then go and grab another. Then you only have 1 smelly plant out at a time rather then all of them.

That's how I do it anyways, I record individual plant weight anyways so that's how I like to do it.

R

Rastakari2

My worry really is just that I am not sure how well I am gonna be able to close the tent from inside

R

Rastakari2

Wouldn’t it be easier though to just trim in the bathroom where I do my smoking too

Top Bottom