Trimming Makes Growing Almost Unbearable!

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

No weight yet but this is half the harvest.

Three trim bins or one CV vault.

Considering I lost a plant do to some issue I'm very happy with the outcome.

1250 grams with around 1400 watts.

Not to bad for my second grow but next time I expect 1.25 grams per watt at the very least.

Top pic is the lanky wide spacing gelato and the second pic is the tight spacing shorter gelato.
Looks like it needs to be trimmed still....

Last edited:
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Take your own advise. Too many growers. If trimming bothers you.. Seems like the "should i reall be growing weed" test has been taken.

Watching some of these people trim, its like damn let me see the velcro on your shoes. Same with watching grower break up buds, like damn did you even watch that plant grow? You're pulling it apart like you don't understand what a plant is.

Trimming is so damn easy, yet everyone over complicates it. Find a new pair of scissors. Still can't figure it out? The pesticides have got your coordination fucked up. If you can write your name on paper you can trim lbs a day. No excuses.

As if no one has youtube to watch anyways..

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Take your own advise. Too many growers. If trimming bothers you.. Seems like the "should i reall be growing weed" test has been taken.

Watching some of these people trim, its like damn let me see the velcro on your shoes. Same with watching grower break up buds, like damn did you even watch that plant grow? You're pulling it apart like you don't understand what a plant is.

Trimming is so damn easy, yet everyone over complicates it. Find a new pair of scissors. Still can't figure it out? The pesticides have got your coordination fucked up. If you can write your name on paper you can trim lbs a day. No excuses.

Lol.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Whoooa

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

You sound like you need a hug brotha. I don’t think it matters to him whether you think he should be growing or not. Clearly you didn’t read shit because nobody said anything about not knowing how to trim. It is PHYSICALLY difficult for him so he’s asking for tips to make it less painful.
The rest of your post is just blabber. Breaking up buds correctly?? Hahah. Seriously?

S

Shawnery

Opinions are opinions. It doesn't bother me that people are unable to find compassion. Really it's no surprise that there are people such as this that smoke although I often hope it's much fewer!

I spent 1 month of my life in ICU, had many surgeries, resuscitated twice and let's not forget 4 broken vertebrae, detached back muscle, brain bleed, punctured lung and everything else besides my leg and arm broken and that includes all my ribs as well. It's been 10 years and I still can't stand or sit for long enough to hold a job.

As for the trimming nit being quite done, I agree, but it's more than enough for my volcano and the price I will be charging. Most people i know looked at it and wondered why the hell you would take all that goodness off anyways. I spent days getting most of the whole sugar leaves off and I'm just leaving the pokers. The weight on those little pokers aren't going to add much to the weight at all.

I'm happy with it and if everyone I give it to is happy that's all that matters to me!

S

Shawnery

Thanks for having my back!
You sound like you need a hug brotha. I don’t think it matters to him whether you think he should be growing or not. Clearly you didn’t read shit because nobody said anything about not knowing how to trim. It is PHYSICALLY difficult for him so he’s asking for tips to make it less painful.
The rest of your post is just blabber. Breaking up buds correctly?? Hahah. Seriously?

Thanks man!

S

Shawnery

Here's up close of an average bud. Not completely trimmed but more than enough for vaporizing. Not to mention I still have tons of sugar leaves left and I already made VERY strong budder.

Not sure if you've tried but vaping straight trim will get you fucked up but if you smoke it than its schwag.

20180626 105646
Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Filled an entire extra large stock pan with sugar leaves, only half of what I have, then water and 4 sticks of butter. Let it steep for 24 hours and then removed all the leaves in strainer. Squeezed leaves in cheese cloth till dry. Filled other pan with hot water and put ball of cheese cloth in and let sit for a bit. Squeezed the remaining butter out then added it to first squeeze.

Currently sitting in fridge and the fat is solidifying in one large chunk at the top of the water. This is going to be so strong! I used twice as much bud and half as much butter as my first crop. Last time all i needed was a half tablespoon to get fucked up and I have super tolerance. This time I should need about a teaspoon hopefully.

I use a lot! I go through at least a lid and a half each month and maybe two lids. I'm a gen xer and I barley know that term. Let's see if any of you youngsters can figure out out.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Filled an entire extra large stock pan with sugar leaves, only half of what I have, then water and 4 sticks of butter. Let it steep for 24 hours and then removed all the leaves in strainer. Squeezed leaves in cheese cloth till dry. Filled other pan with hot water and put ball of cheese cloth in and let sit for a bit. Squeezed the remaining butter out then added it to first squeeze.

Currently sitting in fridge and the fat is solidifying in one large chunk at the top of the water. This is going to be so strong! I used twice as much bud and half as much butter as my first crop. Last time all i needed was a half tablespoon to get fucked up and I have super tolerance. This time I should need about a teaspoon hopefully.

I use a lot! I go through at least a lid and a half each month and maybe two lids. I'm a gen xer and I barley know that term. Let's see if any of you youngsters can figure out out.
Baby Boomer here. I go thru at least 1.5 a month, sometimes 2. And, I feel your pain. Trimming is hard on my hands and fingers. I think you did a wonderful job!

S

Shawnery

Baby Boomer here. I go thru at least 1.5 a month, sometimes 2. And, I feel your pain. Trimming is hard on my hands and fingers. I think you did a wonderful job!
It's not as pretty as those guys in the, what you trimming, thread but it's good enough for me. I've never understood trimming so close that you lose all the pistils. They may not be the stoniest part, I'm really not sure, but they make them so PRETTY.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

It's not as pretty as those guys in the, what you trimming, thread but it's good enough for me. I've never understood trimming so close that you lose all the pistils. They may not be the stoniest part, I'm really not sure, but they make them so PRETTY.
I like them! Here are some close-up's of mine, mostly cured now. You can see some leaf yet it spots. Some buds get trimmed more or less, I'm not that particular, as it's just for me.

Pic of coarse ground bud, and pic of my big bowl, LOL. :cool:
20180626 152339
20180626 152322
20180626 152606
20180626 152731

S

Shawnery

And I'll never understand why people still smoke with vaping being so good now. No judgement but I've never enjoyed the flavor of smoking compared to vaping.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Meeee toooo..a Boomer with arthritis in my fingers..hurts like hell! That's why I got the Bowl trimmer. My fingers thank me daily (I am an ex=-roulette dealer with arthritic fingers:()
Yes, I know it can be bad for the buds; but for lowers..it is great if you are careful!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I know 1g per watt is the standard but considering I lost a plant, sort of, is .85g per watt respectable for my second grow?

Honesty never hurt anyone!
BS on a standard..if you are happy..that's all that matters..I stopped weighing my grow a long time back (it's my personal use only)..I only weigh when making butter, rosin, or vape juice these days.
Got some Shatter batter to make vape juice from Rosin..fantastic and easy too;)
Rosin Cartridge

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I vape rosin if I want. I never could really get stoned vaping bud. I bought a Volcano and all, still. Don't know why. It's a different high to me, not as strong. I love the taste of a fresh bowl of bud. I know what you mean about the taste of vaping bud though, tastes great. High quality rosin vaped in a quartz nail also tastes awesome. And its oh so potent. I almost always use a water bong when smoking.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Meeee toooo..a Boomer with arthritis in my fingers..hurts like hell! That's why I got the Bowl trimmer. My fingers thank me daily (I am an ex=-roulette dealer with arthritic fingers:()
Yes, I know it can be bad for the buds; but for lowers..it is great if you are careful!
Mine isn't arthritis, it's cramping. But, I hear you. I finally had surgery on left shoulder, injured in service, as it was very painful and eat up with arthritis. I also have neck conditions, had one surgery there, and now pain free in neck and shoulder. Have bad vertebrae in lower back, and disc conditions. Have to be careful. Once, had to sacrifice a grow about 4 weeks into flower cause of back pain. Couldn't water or care for them and that time was in pain about 3 months. Finally got the VA to do MRI of lower spine which showed those conditions.

Man, just saw an article today, the Senate passed a provision allowing government M.D.'s to recommend veterans use medical marijuana in medical states. [NOT MINE] darn It! And, that the VA not deny any veteran treatment on the grounds of marijuana use. Still, it's getting it moving in the right direction, for all vets eventually I hope.

Top Bottom