Trimming Methods

• Thread starter Yaddadamean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

I'm comparing notes on different drying/trimming methods from the growing community.

1.Clip cola branches from plant individually, trim fan leaves, hang buds to dry and cure.
OR
2.Pull the entire plant, trim fans leave, hang and dry, then trim once dry.

Strain: GG#4
Cannabis grown: Outdoor
Volume of plants: High
Drying room temperature: 70-75 degrees (day time) 55-60 degrees (night time)
Humidity: 25-30%

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

with your humi so low u might want to hang the hole plant so it don't dry out to fast if it does u get a nasty taste

Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

with your humi so low u might want to hang the hole plant so it don't dry out to fast if it does u get a nasty taste

Okay. That makes sense. My drying location is more of a "dry hot" than a humid hot. But the temperature drops at night time. I hung the entire plant for my last grow. I didn't have any complaints on the quality and grade. But i thought i might do some things differently for learning purposes.

I broke off a couple twigs to do a test run. I pulled the fan leaves off first and hung to dry.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

its all ways good to do test batches of stuff best way imo to learn dry hot is not good ez to fix just put a bowl of water or a wet towel in there but be very careful not to get mold u want to hang dry for about 5-7 days I thinks 1 day for every 10 humi in the room is dry rate

Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

its all ways good to do test batches of stuff best way imo to learn dry hot is not good ez to fix just put a bowl of water or a wet towel in there but be very careful not to get mold u want to hang dry for about 5-7 days I thinks 1 day for every 10 humi in the room is dry rate

An open bowl of water or a just a wet towel? I think i'll just hang the plant because of the temperature. But I'm also going to hang a tarp as a curtain to block the sun from coming, which makes it hotter. I'll have 2 fans running w/the door open for air circulation.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

open water brings up humi hehe u will be fine just watch it

Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

open water brings up humi hehe u will be fine just watch it

How big of a bowl? Like a fish bowl? I honestly think it's the sunlight that attributes to the heat... i don't think it would be that hot once I block it out.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

its not really the heat as its the humi like I said ever 10 humi gives u about 1 day of drying longer the dry the better but not to dry looking for the stems to just start to crake when u bend them and on the size of water not sure id try just a pan of water

Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

its not really the heat as its the humi like I said ever 10 humi gives u about 1 day of drying longer the dry the better but not to dry looking for the stems to just start to crake when u bend them and on the size of water not sure id try just a pan of water

Okay. Sounds good. I'll use the same method as before, but add a pan of water.
IMG 0586

Latest posts

Top Bottom