Trimming Plant In VEG [ ONLY TOP ] URGENT

• Thread starter PakiWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PakiWeed

Hey guys, they've told me that if i want my plant to grow wide not that in height i need to trim my herb in veg state and this is what i've done today, here is picture:

IMG00054_20130422_1736.jpg

In middle of those two biggest leaves, 2 new small appeared (top new) and i have gently cut them off. Now I'm scared that I ruined my plant :( Did i do the wright thing if i want my plant to get into width not height? Thanks!

waayne

waayne

I see 2 nodes with tiny secondaries beneath where he cut off the secondaries ,he hasn't ruined it yet, completely.....

He'll have four main branches if he leaves it alone now.......

You just as well prune off those 2 top leaves,as they have no secondaries to support now......

If you don't know what you're doing when pruning and topping, you're usually better off letting the plants grow naturally.......

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sorry... I was feeling really froggy at that moment and had to fuck with the OP. I'm sorry. <hangs head low>
I thought it was funny..:p

Sorry Paki...we were just playing;) ...I think your plant will be fine..
Give it lots of light! :)

P

PakiWeed

Hahaha LOL guys u almost got me :D Thanks lots for info! :))
I see 2 nodes with tiny secondaries beneath where he cut off the secondaries ,he hasn't ruined it yet, completely.....

You just as well prune off those 2 top leaves,as they have no secondaries to support now......

If you don't know what you're doing when pruning and topping, you're usually better off letting the plants grow naturally.......

Is he joking too?

I thought it was funny..:p

Sorry Paki...we were just playing;) ...I think your plant will be fine..
Give it lots of light! :)

Yeah! I have bought 2 more CFL's 6000k and its growing extremely fast now all of sudden! :D ^Thanks!!

P

PakiWeed

Oohh bye the way! Those 2 nodes are picture illusion and are not on top but after the most top one, just checked IRL and looks really different then picture :D

P

PakiWeed

More detailed pictures i think: :D Here you can see how the top was cut and sprouts are one down :D

IMG00055_20130422_2009.jpg

IMG00056_20130422_2009.jpg

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Do a search for the FIM method which is a topping method which is less stressful for the plants.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hahaha LOL guys u almost got me :D Thanks lots for info! :))

Is he joking too?

No Waayne is not Joking. He is a Master grower and Is Very helpful to us new farmers
But I dont think it will hurt to leave the top leaves....In a week from now, you will know whats going to happen;)

Yeah! I have bought 2 more CFL's 6000k and its growing extremely fast now all of sudden! :D ^Thanks!!
Very cool! :) Make sure she gets Fresh air too

Top Bottom