Triple Layor Charcoal Fiber Filters?

• Thread starter CoughingMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CoughingMan

I know about the traditional carbon filters that most growers use, the one with the white cotton dust cover. My question is if anyone knows about the type of filters that look like the one in the picture below.

You can also go to the link below to read about it. Are these as good as the traditional filters? better? worse? anyone use them personaly?

LINK: Triple Layer Fresh Filters

6inchfilter large
P

ProGroWannabe

I've never used em, but I'll say based on the surface area of each type, that the one pictured above wouldn't filter quite as well, and definitely would have a shorter usable life. I'm certainly NOT trying to "rain on your parade" just stating what I see. Since the only reason carbon filtration works is that microscopically, the odor molecules are trapped on the extremely irregular surface structure of the carbon pellets/granules. The air can slip through the tiny crevices, while the larger odor molecules get trapped and can't get out.

With the ideology in mind, the above filter would certainly eliminate odor, but how much, and for how long?

Try it and let us know how it works for you, but try it on a small scale so you don't have to trust your security to it.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like a K&N Filter for a car kinda

P

ProGroWannabe

Right on Dagga! Nice to hear. May I ask how long you've been running them?

D

Dagga

little over a month
edit...... im also in my last 2 weeks of flower.

P

ProGroWannabe

Awesome to know that they are workin for ya Dagga.

D

Dagga

cheers,
although i will say that i think these are designed for the smaller space/ closet style or hut set up, rather than a large room or bigger.

X

xtheghostx

A filter like this could be used to push air through a small dry box.

D

Dagga

Drastically changed my opinion on these......they
are useless pieces of shit!

D

Dagga

It just aint filtering/reducing the smell at all!
a scrubber is definitely the way to go
edit.... i think these are better as a filter for the intake rather than acting as a scrubber.

P

ProGroWannabe

Well bro, at least ya had the balls to test it and give it a fair shake. Now the farmers know. Thanks.

S

Skunkenstein

Just saw these at the Local ''Shop'' for the first time last week..Crazy Expensive..Sorry to say..''Glad somebody tried them first''.:surprised

Top Bottom