Trixie's tricks and growing tips

• Thread starter Trixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The funny thing is, what we are growing is a weed. Man has spent thousands of years trying to kill them, and we seem special if you can grow it. Let that sink in.
Cannabis is not a weed… its a flower. As you can see by all the people on this and other forums, endless amount of studies, challenges etc. its not something that you just plant and and have no issues with… Let that sink in.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The funny thing is, what we are growing is a weed. Man has spent thousands of years trying to kill them, and we seem special if you can grow it. Let that sink in.
Just because one of the slang terms is weed, doesn't mean it's a weed.

From Miriam Webster:
1 a (1) a plant that is not valued where it is growing and is usually of vigorous growth, especially one that tends to overgrow or choke out more desirable plants.

Got any of these weeds in your tent? ;-)

SSgrower

SSgrower

I agree, it is a "Journey" every time one pops a seed as the phenotypes that may come from a genotype are amazing! One bluegrass lover here is helping direct my journey and many of you guys who have been here since "overgrown" and those other early forums. Always trying to push a new grower to harvest, special. SSgrower

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter

strider26554

strider26554

Theres a ton of quick quips about the difference between knowledge and wisdom, "booksmarts" and practical experience, but I tend to look at most issues im having as something obvious that my dumb ass is just overlooking, and most of the time i am correct in that assumption. However, there are a ton of new and recent "discoveries", and "innovations" about growing weed that most of us old timers have had to struggle with for ages, And a recent event had me thinking about how complacent we get as we age and how the vigor and thoroughness of youth tend to be displaced by the "wisdom" we think we possess.
A close friend of mine was visiting my grow last summer and his son who grows a few indoor plants every year as a hobby was tagging along . I was explaining an issue i was having with some of my plants and my friend was offering his advice , his son piped in and asked if id had my soil tested lately. My friend and i both kind of chuckled as the soils on my property are some of the best around here,.and to have some 19 year old guy come up and say "oh. i think your missing a few micronutrients, have you had a soil analysis done lately?"
My gut is telling me to blow this kid off and go about my dumbass business, as i've been building my own soils for decades and never had this problem before, but then critical thinking comes into play and lo and behold, I HADN'T had a soil analysis done in a few years, so it's off to the extension agency with my little bag of dirt. Sure enough my soil is lacking in A LOT of micronutrients that could have and probably were causing the issues, a little amendment and i'm back in business. and the guy who gave me the advice wasnt more knowledgeable than I , he was advising me based on the fact that i said "I build my own soil and i know that's not the problem" By assuming I had that base covered I had closed off the path to my solution.
Also , this incident doesnt really have much to do with someone giving advice who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground however it does pertain to the fact that as someone who has been doing EVERYTHING I DO for a very long time,I tend to become blind to my own fallibility, and by assuming, I am instantly relinquishing my ability to remain teachable. The one constant in my life has been my willingness to learn and grow, and those are the hardfought lessons that have gotten me to where i am. And I have to say its pretty damn good being where i am.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Theres a ton of quick quips about the difference between knowledge and wisdom, "booksmarts" and practical experience, but I tend to look at most issues im having as something obvious that my dumb ass is just overlooking, and most of the time i am correct in that assumption. However, there are a ton of new and recent "discoveries", and "innovations" about growing weed that most of us old timers have had to struggle with for ages, And a recent event had me thinking about how complacent we get as we age and how the vigor and thoroughness of youth tend to be displaced by the "wisdom" we think we possess.
A close friend of mine was visiting my grow last summer and his son who grows a few indoor plants every year as a hobby was tagging along . I was explaining an issue i was having with some of my plants and my friend was offering his advice , his son piped in and asked if id had my soil tested lately. My friend and i both kind of chuckled as the soils on my property are some of the best around here,.and to have some 19 year old guy come up and say "oh. i think your missing a few micronutrients, have you had a soil analysis done lately?"
My gut is telling me to blow this kid off and go about my dumbass business, as i've been building my own soils for decades and never had this problem before, but then critical thinking comes into play and lo and behold, I HADN'T had a soil analysis done in a few years, so it's off to the extension agency with my little bag of dirt. Sure enough my soil is lacking in A LOT of micronutrients that could have and probably were causing the issues, a little amendment and i'm back in business. and the guy who gave me the advice wasnt more knowledgeable than I , he was advising me based on the fact that i said "I build my own soil and i know that's not the problem" By assuming I had that base covered I had closed off the path to my solution.
Also , this incident doesnt really have much to do with someone giving advice who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground however it does pertain to the fact that as someone who has been doing EVERYTHING I DO for a very long time,I tend to become blind to my own fallibility, and by assuming, I am instantly relinquishing my ability to remain teachable. The one constant in my life has been my willingness to learn and grow, and those are the hardfought lessons that have gotten me to where i am. And I have to say its pretty damn good being where i am.
Amazing story, thanks for sharing and 100% agree!

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Cannabis is not a weed… its a flower. As you can see by all the people on this and other forums, endless amount of studies, challenges etc. its not something that you just plant and and have no issues with… Let that sink in.
I was refering to as it grows in the wild.
It never needed humans to grow, until we found out how beneficial it was for us.

E

elusiveshame

I was refering to as it grows in the wild.
It never needed humans to grow, until we found out how beneficial it was for us.
Every plant grew without humans to help them along. Wtf is your point? Are you trying to sound smart or clever or something?

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Every plant grew without humans to help them along. Wtf is your point? Are you trying to sound smart or clever or something?
Well no, not trying to be sound smart or clever or something. Why so aggressive? I thought this site was about growing. Go take a toke and calm down, people love to attack and knit pick shit to death. Walking backwards out of this septic thread and close the door behind me. To many good things i can do any day.

E

elusiveshame

Well no, not trying to be sound smart or clever or something. Why so aggressive? I thought this site was about growing. Go take a toke and calm down, people love to attack and knit pick shit to death. Walking backwards out of this septic thread and close the door behind me. To many good things i can do any day.
You’re posting nothing useful and keep on repeating yourself as if it’s some unknown thing you’re speaking (and you’re using terminology wrong).

Not aggressive, just asking bluntly to try and figure out why you’re going on about it. Maybe you should go have a toke.

Let that sink in.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

You’re posting nothing useful and keep on repeating yourself as if it’s some unknown thing you’re speaking (and you’re using terminology wrong).

Not aggressive, just asking bluntly to try and figure out why you’re going on about it. Maybe you should go have a toke.

Let that sink in.
Yours posting something useful? All I did was make one statement and the coyote pack runs in. So let me walk away in piece, nothing to see here.

Moshmen

Moshmen

This topic seems to be causing waves now that trixie has dropped the microphone.

Let it die or let her revive it. No need to keep poking each other over a corpse. Not helping anyone and pissing each other off.

Not watching this thread any more.
Trixie gone thread done thank you all for participating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom