TROLMASTER+ CO2 (double burner)+ IN/EXHAUST POSIBLE?

• Thread starter Ganggreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganggreen

Ganggreen

Its posible to run a CO2 program where I can stop the C02 burner every 15 min each hour for my IN/EXHAUST to run and clean the air from humity and smell then stop and my CO2 burner start again and a repetity cycle?

I been back and forth with trolmaster support department and is not being helpfull. first they ask me WHY I wanna do this. I need a tool to do it, not people triying to change my path or will never grow and is really deceptionating get it from the controller who should get ideas to upgrade their product , meaning: we investigate and develope stuff by experience and headaches and just ask for the right toools to helps us right? (their app is not working how I need either, got to reboot it again all the time, lectures differ from wall controller, this one not having a selfwifi....)...then they say is not even posible.

I got two other ways to do it with a simple wifi plug, or a digital programmed plug or a electrict contractor but would love to use the trolmaster for everything.

anyone got experience in setting up this? (15 min each hour CO2 stops-only 12h lights on of course- in/ex on, once off CO2 on again)

Anthem

Anthem

Look at the programable modules from Trolmaster. You might be able to do what you want with these.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

I checked the modules with no clear information cause trolmaster doesnt allow you to see what is posible to do with their stuff in advance.
So I wrote them and they told me nobody does what I do. (and got very good reasons and experience doing it to say thats not true. Others do it also) and I guess the support agent never use his stuff.
so anyone does this set up or similar and uses trolmaster for it?

Anthem

Anthem

I checked the modules with no clear information cause trolmaster doesnt allow you to see what is posible to do with their stuff in advance.
So I wrote them and they told me nobody does what I do. (and got very good reasons and experience doing it to say thats not true. Others do it also) and I guess the support agent never use his stuff.
Do you presently have the trolmaster controller? The blue one? Go to the device and start going thru the program until you get to the area where you can program the modules, now take out the owners manual and figure it out. It is very basic. It can be done, I am not going to waste my time showing you exactly how to do it so you can ask me more questions. I do not mind helping but you have to do some of this yourself.

Anthem

Anthem

What happened to the owners manual, did you look for it online. All the information is in the manual to do exactly what you want to do. Just download the owners manual and program the controller.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

What happened to the owners manual, did you look for it online. All the information is in the manual to do exactly what you want to do. Just download the owners manual and program the controller.
hello
Anthem!

thank you very much.
I do have the hydro X yes. gonna go through again so gonna ask you the right questions. I value your time.

all the hours lights on trolmaster sensor sends orders to co2 burner to keep co2 ppm at the level I set.
each hour IN/Exhaust turns on and co2 turns off for 15min, after IN/Exhaust turns off and Co2 turns off

-no waste of CO2
-get rid of the humity and high smell
-lower the temp

(so far the easier solution is programable plugs with the time schedule set for in/ex and burner after trolmaster dsc-1, killing the order the hydro x is sending those 15 min each hour.....)

this system is been tried with 15 min every 3 hours with a correct production resolution but the leaves were all down

SamJan

SamJan

Hi
I personally do the opposite!! Have the on/off timer (very easy to use ) on exhaust and burner runs trough !! In every 30 min fan turned on for 10 min cleaning the air !! So far works well !!

Anthem

Anthem

hello
Anthem!

thank you very much.
I do have the hydro X yes. gonna go through again so gonna ask you the right questions. I value your time.

all the hours lights on trolmaster sensor sends orders to co2 burner to keep co2 ppm at the level I set.
each hour IN/Exhaust turns on and co2 turns off for 15min, after IN/Exhaust turns off and Co2 turns off

-no waste of CO2
-get rid of the humity and high smell
-lower the temp

(so far the easier solution is programable plugs with the time schedule set for in/ex and burner after trolmaster dsc-1, killing the order the hydro x is sending those 15 min each hour.....)

this system is been tried with 15 min every 3 hours with a correct production resolution but the leaves were all down
I am really sorry but I am having a hard time understanding what you are say.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

I am really sorry but I am having a hard time understanding what you are say.

no worries.
every hour I need to shutdown co2 and get the exttraction 15 min on to renovate the room air. Trolmaster does not allow this as not allow many options.
I fixed with 16A wifi programable plugs. They cost 12$ instead of 60$ that trolmaster plug they recommends me with not guarantee their option works btw.

what2be

what2be

ummm... just curious why you want to do a air exchange with co2? The only time I could see a air exchange being necessary is right after the lights go off and intervals when the lights are off. Co2 isn't beneficial during veg, only flowering. And why aren't you using a co2 controller? Your math for co2 dosage doesn't take into account co2 absorption from plants, room leakage, etc. Trolmaster is correct, there is no reason to do this when you have spent the money on a controller.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

ummm... just curious why you want to do a air exchange with co2? The only time I could see a air exchange being necessary is right after the lights go off and intervals when the lights are off. Co2 isn't beneficial during veg, only flowering. And why aren't you using a co2 controller? Your math for co2 dosage doesn't take into account co2 absorption from plants, room leakage, etc. Trolmaster is correct, there is no reason to do this when you have spent the money on a controller.
thank you for your response.
-sure I know about a sealed room.
-I am using a CO2 controller, the trolmaster
-not intention to use it in veg
- my math? ....are you sure. I didnt posted it...

Trolmaster is wrong and you state facts in my mouth I didnt.

you cant think why the air change? lucky you.

thank you

what2be

what2be

thank you for your response.
-sure I know about a sealed room.
-I am using a CO2 controller, the trolmaster
-not intention to use it in veg
- my math? ....are you sure. I didnt posted it...

Trolmaster is wrong and you state facts in my mouth I didnt.

you cant think why the air change? lucky you.

thank you
Ok, enlighten me, why do you need a air exchange when the lights are on and you are using co2?

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

Ok, enlighten me, why do you need a air exchange when the lights are on and you are using co2?
enlight you? like with a good quantum/ H diode ? you dont need someone so wrong like me to bring some wisery to your higness.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Great way to get help.

Unless your burners are fucked you don't need air exchange during lights on. With burners it's a good idea to periodically vent.

Now if you don't have the proper equipment to control the environment that's a different story. I would invest in it personally rather than chase number as they change through the grow.

Co2 is beneficial in any stage of growth that involves photosynthesis.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

Great way to get help.

Unless your burners are fucked you don't need air exchange during lights on. With burners it's a good idea to periodically vent.

Now if you don't have the proper equipment to control the environment that's a different story. I would invest in it personally rather than chase number as they change through the grow.

Co2 is beneficial in any stage of growth that involves photosynthesis.
hello Aquaman

all my respect for you mate. I read all your posts. thank you for sharing your knowledge.

didnt tried to be rude, just fair.

do you think in veg state the plant is gonna use CO2 noticiably?
I dont see any difference.

about my enviroment:

If you check the whole post I got it dialed. But wanna go a step further than Trolmaster allows. I found the way to do it.

YES In my system air renewal is necessary. Agree into the sealed room lights on. is the best way.better results, less power consume...etc

Here grow still illegal. So due security issues gotta get the rooms ventilated. Smell being the principal, the temp (soliano temp barrier needs to be cooled down= heat sensor block), ...etc

I will answer / help everybody...if humble

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hello Aquaman

all my respect for you mate. I read all your posts. thank you for sharing your knowledge.

didnt tried to be rude, just fair.

do you think in veg state the plant is gonna use CO2 noticiably?
I dont see any difference.

about my enviroment:

If you check the whole post I got it dialed. But wanna go a step further than Trolmaster allows. I found the way to do it.

YES In my system air renewal is necessary. Agree into the sealed room lights on. is the best way.better results, less power consume...etc

Here grow still illegal. So due security issues gotta get the rooms ventilated. Smell being the principal, the temp (soliano temp barrier needs to be cooled down= heat sensor block), ...etc

I will answer / help everybody...if humble
So you will see a benefit in veg bit there are several reasons you may not.

The light intensity is pretty much the reason.... but attached to that are all the other factors of growth. If you have everything dialed in you can push more light and that means more energy for growth.

Co2 increases photosynthetic efficacy allowing the plant to use more light. But the total leaf surface area exposed to light plays a big role on the increase you will see as it is basically looked at as % increase. So the larger the exposure area of leaves the larger the gains.

A tiny plant with few leaves will not benefit as much as a large plant with many leaves. For this reason it becomes a cost vs gain... I start ramping my Co2 up mid to late veg as the plants get bigger.

Completely understand the route your going as your right it's likely you will save power. The only thing is that you will need to make constant adjustments as the plants grow and even after a large pruning session. It is a trade off... a bit more work and a bit more savings.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

So you will see a benefit in veg bit there are several reasons you may not.

The light intensity is pretty much the reason.... but attached to that are all the other factors of growth. If you have everything dialed in you can push more light and that means more energy for growth.

Co2 increases photosynthetic efficacy allowing the plant to use more light. But the total leaf surface area exposed to light plays a big role on the increase you will see as it is basically looked at as % increase. So the larger the exposure area of leaves the larger the gains.

A tiny plant with few leaves will not benefit as much as a large plant with many leaves. For this reason it becomes a cost vs gain... I start ramping my Co2 up mid to late veg as the plants get bigger.

Completely understand the route your going as your right it's likely you will save power. The only thing is that you will need to make constant adjustments as the plants grow and even after a large pruning session. It is a trade off... a bit more work and a bit more savings.
Thank you very much ! as always is really interesting read you.

could you expand on this when you have time?

"Completely understand the route your going as your right it's likely you will save power. The only thing is that you will need to make constant adjustments as the plants grow and even after a large pruning session. It is a trade off... a bit more work and a bit more savings."

thank you for you time

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you very much ! as always is really interesting read you.

could you expand on this when you have time?

"Completely understand the route your going as your right it's likely you will save power. The only thing is that you will need to make constant adjustments as the plants grow and even after a large pruning session. It is a trade off... a bit more work and a bit more savings."

thank you for you time
More so on the humidity aspect... transpiration rates will change base on the overall amount of foliage. 95% of the water taken up will be released this way which is the biggest contributing factor to our humidity. So the more leaves the more humidity given off by the plants. As they grow you will need to increase exhaust frequency to maintain an optimal humidity.

co2 will actually help in this are, as increased co2 increases photosynthetic efficiency it means it will actually reduce the transpiration rates of the plants.... now with that said you have 2 options then increase the nutrient concentration a bit to make up for reduced transpiration or lower the humidity to increase transpiration.

In your case I would up the feed as lowering humidity causes the plants to release more water from transpiration. So basically the lower the humidity setting the more water is being put into the air that needs removed... if that makes sense. If not I can explain further.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The mechanics are explained here.

Top Bottom