TROLMASTER+ CO2 (double burner)+ IN/EXHAUST POSIBLE?

• Thread starter Ganggreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just remember with co2 you need to lower the humidity or increase the nutrient concentration when reading that. If your going to follow the VPD calculations leaf temp is EXTREMELY important and if you increase the concentration of nutrients then no adjustment to humidity is needed from the calculations but if not then you should run 5-10% lower humidity if your hitting 1000-1200ppm of co2.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

Thank you Aquaman. Your VPD article I saved first time I read it. great post. its been really helpfull.

I was more curios about the pruning you mention. Cause lowers the humity but also shockwise how the plant in flower deals with it. Meaning days 12 F and 42 F.
I am triying to find the best pruning to allow the buds below canopy get a higher light absortion due pruning one of the to big leafs of the higher buds. (of course removing the lower leafs and future airbuds)

I had some success and some of the lower buds I had plan to use for rosin got the quality of the top ones.

whats your opinion into do this . day 12F or 42F or both? using 1500 ppm and the H around 50% (EC is 2.2)

Just remember with co2 you need to lower the humidity or increase the nutrient concentration when reading that. If your going to follow the VPD calculations leaf temp is EXTREMELY important and if you increase the concentration of nutrients then no adjustment to humidity is needed from the calculations but if not then you should run 5-10% lower humidity if your hitting 1000-1200ppm of co2.
nk you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you Aquaman. Your VPD article I saved first time I read it. great post. its been really helpfull.

I was more curios about the pruning you mention. Cause lowers the humity but also shockwise how the plant in flower deals with it. Meaning days 12 F and 42 F.
I am triying to find the best pruning to allow the buds below canopy get a higher light absortion due pruning one of the to big leafs of the higher buds. (of course removing the lower leafs and future airbuds)

I had some success and some of the lower buds I had plan to use for rosin got the quality of the top ones.

whats your opinion into do this . day 12F or 42F or both? using 1500 ppm and the H around 50% (EC is 2.2)

nk you
Ok so sounds like your already compensating with an increased ppm.

So there are many ways and a lot is plants specific. Here is what I do.

I always look to remove the oldest largest leaves as new growth is more efficient at photosynthesis.

I lollipop at flip.

Remove fans that are growing into the middle of the plant.

remove large ones blocking newer more efficient growth unless it allows light to pass through without hitting leaves then leave them until later. You want any light to be hitting the leaves not wasted.

I also strip the offshoots from side branching to 3 nodes from the growing tips... not the fans but the offshoots at flip.

Week 3 I prune as needed again using the same principles.

Now this is more for SOG, SCROG or plants placed close together.

If scrog or SOG I will remove side branching that is not going to reach 3/4 way up the plant at flip also. Usually that's only the 2 bottom ones if any.

That's what I do but that doesn't make it right or the only way brother. I do it based on these principles because different strains need completely different amounts of pruning.

what2be

what2be

enlight you? like with a good quantum/ H diode ? you dont need someone so wrong like me to bring some wisery to your higness.

Im not being arrogant,just curious why. But it really doesnt matter to me either way. I have found that in the last 27 years of growing often people are looking for solutions for problems that dont exist. My last grow was 2 rooms with 100 lights in each for veg/flowering so I must be doing something right. Not going to sit here and toot my horn, as we always have something to learn. One of the things I learned was that from going from 25 lights to 200 was that grow room design does not scale proportionatly to square footage. Anyway, To answer your question simply buy a Trolmaster DSP-1 Program device station (or DSP-2 if your fans are 240v) and a DCC-1 (Dual condition adapter) and you should be able to accomplish what you are trying to do. Also, you need to get your VPD numbers in range and also remember that high humidity drastically renders charcoal filters effectiveness in removing odor.

what2be

what2be

What happened to the owners manual, did you look for it online. All the information is in the manual to do exactly what you want to do. Just download the owners manual and program the controller.
To be fair, trolmaster documentation is as rare as the dodo bird. The reason I even found this forum was doing a search for Trolmaster info pre-sales. Even the controller manual for the hydro x pro is extremely limited.

Anthem

Anthem

To be fair, trolmaster documentation is as rare as the dodo bird. The reason I even found this forum was doing a search for Trolmaster info pre-sales. Even the controller manual for the hydro x pro is extremely limited.
Honestly, I have had good luck with the hydro X manual. I was not aware of the DDC controller.
Here is the standard hydro X manual that I believe was out when this thread was started. The pro has been out for how long now?

View attachment https___www.trolmaster.com_PDFHtml_HCS-1.pdf
Ganggreen

Ganggreen

Ok I lost my PMA.....You been arrogant with that "enlight me" and "Trolmaster is right" . May you are not now? could l lower my shield ?
(I dont wanna play "mine is bigger" but since I got regression to my youth lets enjoy it)
Problem variables:
I been in touch with Russell (engineer at trolmaster) and James Chen (owner) I know about the ds option (more than the dcp ). I explain them the problems that Trolmaster have, the failures that have and how I found a solution cheaper than their ext modules and...Russell... told me I am right. (My solution holds 16A, plus I control the fix by a phone app...if you use trolmaster you know about the old and new app...(some bad sleeping there ) I reached the company before this forum....I know about controllers cause I deal with many of them such as spectre (yes is the trolmaster copy half price), grotek, nido..etc I got lights design by my demands build for me in china as (600/900units per year) ,also working on linux/arduins for a upgraded dosatron....CO2 by burner, cause temp absortion even if I am surrounded by carbon fiber 1 meter tall bootles of CO2, I got 25 stable crosses (and yes ONLY REGULARS no auto or fems= gen killers) , keeping up with my 5 cleaning baths 5.8ph 0.2Ec coco (from inland and not the coast of course), working in a moduloc set aside from the reg static carbon filters (this one kills the particles instead of "filter" them)....etc. I think I got the variables of the issue at least checked.

(guess what I do for living)

I am here to share and learn and always ask with my hands full.
But one thing I learned living in the US/CAN- ny, sf, LA and Toronto- ..is : get the oportunities when they show up. Meaning you got my shield to this high.
If you would been reading my first post with a humble attitude before coming out arrogant and saying "Trolmaster is right" I would been really open to "enlight you".
So my shield stays up until you come out humble and recognize you been arrogant.
27?like the music generation..... for me we are as young as curious. Is not the years that give you a status, is the knowledge they should carry.

kiddy keyboard forum entertaining aside my point is: (well, not totally)
we the growers demand from the technology to serve us in the best way could be develope.
-But you still saying "people triying to look for solutions on problems doesnt exist". Well...sure you still not taking the time to read what I (at this point) achieved and why. -
Any company who answer customers demands by triying to make them to fit in the limitations of their product (instead of push them and grow ) is driving themselves to a DODO bird end.

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

Ok so sounds like your already compensating with an increased ppm.

So there are many ways and a lot is plants specific. Here is what I do.

I always look to remove the oldest largest leaves as new growth is more efficient at photosynthesis.

I lollipop at flip.

Remove fans that are growing into the middle of the plant.

remove large ones blocking newer more efficient growth unless it allows light to pass through without hitting leaves then leave them until later. You want any light to be hitting the leaves not wasted.

I also strip the offshoots from side branching to 3 nodes from the growing tips... not the fans but the offshoots at flip.

Week 3 I prune as needed again using the same principles.

Now this is more for SOG, SCROG or plants placed close together.

If scrog or SOG I will remove side branching that is not going to reach 3/4 way up the plant at flip also. Usually that's only the 2 bottom ones if any.

That's what I do but that doesn't make it right or the only way brother. I do it based on these principles because different strains need completely different amounts of pruning.
Thank you very much again. I was in doubt, cause I got 60 plants in veg 1.50 cm tall with the bush that implies. I just flipped them to flower , I was doing the maths to wait till third F week but with this feeding and ppm I was having the issues these sizes carry . Is SOG in autopot (yes extra problems, love to have a exciting life...).

I lollipop at flip as you said. And you gave me strenght in my crusade against big leaves.( I am always choping them specially if they cover any bud.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom