Troph Blumat Thread

• Thread starter Rasta311
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Nice thread they seem to work for some, but can get pricey with alot of em. I do not care for how they sometimes "flood your room" or "do not turn off" or "get clogged". Gotta have spares on hand if not carried locally.

If not going top drip to waste, a wicking system is probably superior and costs less. Also will not flood or have the problems that blumats can sometime have. I think they can work. The do require attention/maintenance. I agree and do not yield/produce as well as top drip to waste or wicking.

Chessus now that looks like a airy coco blend. What type of coco is that?

A

antimatter

hmm drip clean well lets just say having my plants drink up all there runoff for 8 weeks in canna coco with 0 fresh waterings I finally decided to give them some fresh water because i noticed the runoff was .2 ec higher than what I put in 1.2 in and 1.4 in the saucer 2nd week flower and what happened ? they wanted food.

Lines are not getting the crazy white buildup and neither is my res. Is it worth it ? sure I hate that white buildup can't really comment on the feeding though as I feed low to begin with but I know im getting a lot of evaporation because im still using up my damned smartevaporationpots.

H

halitzor

You wanna know why some of my cones dried out ? because I had to keep adjusting them to stop flooding my floor when they would get stuck on
and that little dial is very very sensitive to adjustments just a small amount can make it to dry or to wet.

Went something like this

- Cones filled and soaked like instructions say > Dripper Adjusted working fine for a couple days
- Dripper gets stuck on.. ok gotta adjust it a bit
- Dripper is working fine now
- Check drippers 12-18 hours hours later oh shit medium got to dry whats going on here? gotta adjust it again
- Repeat week after week and at the end some cones are empty some are full some are half full......

I don't wanna tinker with smart cones rather just turn on my pump for my drip lines or set the timer to do the work, its a lot cheaper and reliable because I know exactly whats going on, its not like I can leave my grow room for a couple days when there flowering and drinking like crazy.

Ive never used blumats yet and your problem is obvious to me. Your medium is not dense enough which causes the drippers to run constantly. You turned them down to minimum setting to make up for this which dries them out.

You need to change your medium because its not allowing the cone to work properly.

H

halitzor

Clearex also kills bene bacteria and drip clean does not.

Stop comparing them because they aren't even in the same ballpark.

Damn dude

Clearex can be used in conjunction with your standard fertilizer program to pretty much do the same thing all the way through the grow by not allowing salts to deposit and leeching them from the medium. Sound pretty familiar?
Have I ever ran it straight through, absolutely not. Why? not sure, just like you said though, mainly used for a flush ect... but then again I am doing a 20% runoff so my salts don't accumulate as fast.

I am pretty sure that drip clean is cheaper then clearex so I will most def. pick up a bottle over the clearex if you feel it's a better product. I have heard great things about it already and people seem to generally trust in its ability so Im game to try.

Do you follow the bottle when using it in your standard solution/mixture? Or do you reduce the amount for standard feeding and follow the bottle to clean the system or flush?

Thanks for the info:anim_44:

T

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wait.... where did I read about someone remaking Clearex? It was just sugar, if I recollect. GAH! If it's just sugar, that shouldn't kill benis. Was it the Fatmany DIY nutrient mixing guide...?

T

Tesseract

Clearex also kills bene bacteria and drip clean does not.

Stop comparing them because they aren't even in the same ballpark.

Damn dude

:D

Clearex is 100% safe for organics and beneficial bacteria. Where you got that mis-information, I have no idea.

Clearex is exactly what seamaiden pointed out, sugar and an ionic inert solution
The bottle reads:
Glucose.... 3.0%
Sucrose... 1.5%
inert ingredients 95.5%

Botanicare recommends this in conjunction with ALL of their lines including the use of aquashield, and Bennies.

You are flat out wrong

Read through the tread! I compared them to the fact that BOTH will help eliminate buildup and leaching of salts. That is the ONLY comparison I made.

I never stated one was in fact better then the other.

Drip Clean is derived from phosphoric acid and potassium oxide if Im not mistaken.

damn dude, smoke a joint! :joint:

T

R

Rasta311

Nice thread they seem to work for some, but can get pricey with alot of em. I do not care for how they sometimes "flood your room" or "do not turn off" or "get clogged". Gotta have spares on hand if not carried locally.

If not going top drip to waste, a wicking system is probably superior and costs less. Also will not flood or have the problems that blumats can sometime have. I think they can work. The do require attention/maintenance. I agree and do not yield/produce as well as top drip to waste or wicking.

Chessus now that looks like a airy coco blend. What type of coco is that?

I would say Im lucky but there are tons that feel the same as well. I have seen some people have trouble dialing these in but it all falls back to user error IMO. I found when I was also messing with them a lot I was flooding my room. I then re-read the directions. You need to completly saturate your medium before using your BM cone. After its wet insert cone into medium and adjust the dripper till its stops. Get up right there and stop messing with them. For the most part they are working correctly. Then check over the next few days and fine tune any pots that are not watered enough for you preference. Pretty much thats it. Ive yet to have a flood of any kind sense. They stay consistant and do there job.

I still stand behind my statment that this does better than handwatering. Not sure why but Ive seen the results with my own eyes. One one of my pots alone I have a solid root mass growing out the bottom and is over 2 inches think. My roots are freaking crazy!! Not to mention my stalks are highlighter size with a month veg. My back thanks me as well. Seems effortless to grow now.

A

antimatter

Ive never used blumats yet and your problem is obvious to me. Your medium is not dense enough which causes the drippers to run constantly. You turned them down to minimum setting to make up for this which dries them out.

You need to change your medium because its not allowing the cone to work properly.

Canna Coco holds water very well and is fairly dense it just doesn't get soggy like peat, they get stuck on bottom line nothing you can do about except adjust them again and since it happens randomly you have to treat every dripper individually instead of a collective system. You can spend a few hundred dollars on them like I did and experiment for yourself, maybe they will work better for you, but for me way to much tinkering.

:bear

A

antimatter

I would say Im lucky but there are tons that feel the same as well. I have seen some people have trouble dialing these in but it all falls back to user error IMO. I found when I was also messing with them a lot I was flooding my room. I then re-read the directions. You need to completly saturate your medium before using your BM cone. After its wet insert cone into medium and adjust the dripper till its stops. Get up right there and stop messing with them. For the most part they are working correctly. Then check over the next few days and fine tune any pots that are not watered enough for you preference. Pretty much thats it. Ive yet to have a flood of any kind sense. They stay consistant and do there job.

I still stand behind my statment that this does better than handwatering. Not sure why but Ive seen the results with my own eyes. One one of my pots alone I have a solid root mass growing out the bottom and is over 2 inches think. My roots are freaking crazy!! Not to mention my stalks are highlighter size with a month veg. My back thanks me as well. Seems effortless to grow now.

yes I watered them all by hand before putting the blumats in the coco and adjusted them exactly as instructed, and they still would get stuck on randomly. They are nice when they are working properly, they grow good plants I won't deny that but super sensitive valves and cones are not something that I wanna deal with.

R

Rasta311

Canna Coco holds water very well and is fairly dense it just doesn't get soggy like peat, they get stuck on bottom line nothing you can do about except adjust them again and since it happens randomly you have to treat every dripper individually instead of a collective system. You can spend a few hundred dollars on them like I did and experiment for yourself, maybe they will work better for you, but for me way to much tinkering.

:bear

Not to beat a dead horse but you are the first person that Ive seen that has had that problem. It doesnt even make sense that they could get stuck on when setup properly. The 3mm line should have a crimp in it which would only allow it to drip at the most. Its not hard to see your bad experience was due to user error. You didnt have them setup properly so maybe before spreading stuff you should figure out where YOU falied. Mine are consistant like clockwork. I have to top off the rez every 4 days.....clockwork I tell you. Dont take my experience only. Do a search there are tons of people using them with great success. Sorry about the bad tastes BM left in your mouth. Happy growing freind.

A

antimatter

Not to beat a dead horse but you are the first person that Ive seen that has had that problem. It doesnt even make sense that they could get stuck on when setup properly. The 3mm line should have a crimp in it which would only allow it to drip at the most. Its not hard to see your bad experience was due to user error. You didnt have them setup properly so maybe before spreading stuff you should figure out where YOU falied. Mine are consistant like clockwork. I have to top off the rez every 4 days.....clockwork I tell you. Dont take my experience only. Do a search there are tons of people using them with great success. Sorry about the bad tastes BM left in your mouth. Happy growing freind.

Id give em to you for free if I had the chance dead serious, you mention that noone else has mentioned them getting stuck on..every thread on icmag about them people mention them getting stuck on and even in the instructions theres a section that says "Tropf Blumat Does not Turn off" Membrane has to little tension. Im not lying this is a genuine problem with the Blumats.

How about how it says in the instructions
"The sensor runs out of water"
Air has entered the system, poorly screwed together, buckled dripper hose, poor ground contact, interrupted water supply.

than there is this weird disclaimer in the instructions that I don't understand myself "the Tropf Blumat has been specially developed for outdoor plants. Therefore please do not use for indoor plants.

Try to give an honest review but the marketers are gonna market regardless. $$$

R

Rasta311

Id give em to you for free if I had the chance dead serious, you mention that noone else has mentioned them getting stuck on..every thread on icmag about them people mention them getting stuck on and even in the instructions theres a section that says "Tropf Blumat Does not Turn off" Membrane has to little tension. Im not lying this is a genuine problem with the Blumats.

How about how it says in the instructions
"The sensor runs out of water"
Air has entered the system, poorly screwed together, buckled dripper hose, poor ground contact, interrupted water supply.

than there is this weird disclaimer in the instructions that I don't understand myself "the Tropf Blumat has been specially developed for outdoor plants. Therefore please do not use for indoor plants.

Try to give an honest review but the marketers are gonna market regardless. $$$

No worries man I truly believe you had issues with your BM. Ive seen the thread over at ICMAG and it seems most people with issues are on first adjustment. Yes they cant turn off but the amount of water that is even allowed thorugh a properly set dripper is not enough to flood a room IMO. Yes they state for outdoor use only and thats b/c some jackass would try to use these on carpet or something

A

antimatter

No worries man I truly believe you had issues with you BM. Ive seen the thread over at ICMAG and it seems most people with issues are one first adjustment. Yes they cant turn off but the amount of water that is even allowed thorugh a properly set dripper is not enough to flood a room IMO. Yes they state for outdoor use only and thats b/c some jackass would try to use these on carpet or something

when I say flooding it wasn't that bad but I didn't have any pondliner down on my floor at the time so 5-10 gallons of water on the floor is a bit of a flood and the res was 50 gallons so enough water to cause me concern. If I was to give anyone any advice on using these things make sure you got pond liner down on your floor or all your plants in flood trays.

R

Rasta311

when I say flooding it wasn't that bad but I didn't have any pondliner down on my floor at the time so 5-10 gallons of water on the floor is a bit of a flood and the res was 50 gallons so enough water to cause me concern. If I was to give anyone any advice on using these things make sure you got pond liner down on your floor or all your plants in flood trays.

Holy shit 5-10g? Yeah there should be no where near that. Hell my rez is only filled with 5g at a time and that goes for about 4 days depending on plant stage. If anything there may be a cup of water with 12 big mommas in my 4x4tent. You had those suckers turned up way to high. I was actually walking around in there with my socks last night and didnt come out with wet feet.

A

antimatter

Holy shit 5-10g? Yeah there should be no where near that. Hell my rez is only filled with 5g at a time and that goes for about 4 days depending on plant stage. If anything there may be a cup of water with 12 big mommas in my 4x4tent. You had those suckers turned up way to high. I was actually walking around in there with my socks last night and didnt come out with wet feet.

To dial em in coco you need em dripping a bit more than normal or the coco will dry out to much, with the valve opened to much they do overdrip but what im talking about is they would get stuck on when the medium was sitting in a full tray of runoff soaking wet and continue dripping indefinitely id go in and check during the night cycle and find the flood make some adjustments to stop the excessive dripping and then reset them when the lights went back on scratching my head as I shop vacced up the mess, happened once or twice a week to random plants for 9 weeks..

than there were the the plants that overdrank the drippers, these plants were going through around 3 gallons each a day and had to be hand watered along with dripped... It was frustrating for me but if you can dial em in properly more power to ya.

I still shop vac my floor with a regular drip system but I got pond liner now so I don't really worry bout it as much. Its more peace of mind for me knowing my pump was on for so many minutes and each plant got a maximum of 2 gallons etc..

R

Rasta311

To dial em in coco you need em dripping a bit more than normal or the coco will dry out to much, with the valve opened to much they do overdrip but what im talking about is they would get stuck on when the medium was sitting in a full tray of runoff soaking wet and continue dripping indefinitely id go in and check during the night cycle and find the flood make some adjustments to stop the excessive dripping and then reset them when the lights went back on scratching my head as I shop vacced up the mess, happened once or twice a week to random plants for 9 weeks..

than there were the the plants that overdrank the drippers, these plants were going through around 3 gallons each a day and had to be hand watered along with dripped... It was frustrating for me but if you can dial em in properly more power to ya.

I still shop vac my floor with a regular drip system but I got pond liner now so I don't really worry bout it as much. Its more peace of mind for me knowing my pump was on for so many minutes and each plant got a maximum of 2 gallons etc..

Mine are in straight coco and my drippers are damn near closed and my plants have plenty of water. Something was not right.....

H

halitzor

My exceptionally high ass was connecting clearex with florakleen :(

I apologize for the confusion

:D

Clearex is 100% safe for organics and beneficial bacteria. Where you got that mis-information, I have no idea.

Clearex is exactly what seamaiden pointed out, sugar and an ionic inert solution
The bottle reads:
Glucose.... 3.0%
Sucrose... 1.5%
inert ingredients 95.5%

Botanicare recommends this in conjunction with ALL of their lines including the use of aquashield, and Bennies.

You are flat out wrong

Read through the tread! I compared them to the fact that BOTH will help eliminate buildup and leaching of salts. That is the ONLY comparison I made.

I never stated one was in fact better then the other.

Drip Clean is derived from phosphoric acid and potassium oxide if Im not mistaken.

damn dude, smoke a joint! :joint:

T

A

antimatter

Mine are in straight coco and my drippers are damn near closed and my plants have plenty of water. Something was not right.....

big plants in small containers drink alot, sometimes they need a full watering 1-2x a day with regular drippers so you can imagine blumats set on the regular setting wouldn't be enough you need a bit more dripping to prevent the medium getting to dry and messing with the cones. It was an uphill battle for me.

T

Tesseract

My exceptionally high ass was connecting clearex with florakleen :(

I apologize for the confusion

Blaming a mistake on being high is the same thing to me as a drunk beating his wife and blaming it on the booze.
Its a poor excuse.

With that said we all make mistakes. Apology accepted.:cool0019:

I did not know that about florakleen though so your post was not in vain. Thanks for that info!

I will be switching next round to the H&G coco line so i will pick the drip clean up as well. I will be using Great White though and not their line of inoculates. Way cheaper that way!

T

Top Bottom