• Thread starter Ace9137
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ace9137

Ace9137

Tropical mix grow whid
Tropical mix grow whid 2
Tropical mix grow whid 3

These first pics are earlier when flower first started, this was began under LED Meizhi 1200 watt,(actual draw was only 560 watts).
Tropical mix grow whid 4
Tropical mix grow whid 5

These pics were taken one week after I put in a 400 watt HPS system, the improvement actually blew my mind, bud size literally doubled, resin production is just incredible, honestly, I regret starting with LED's. With that said, my LED's were cheap ones.

Ace9137

Ace9137

This is only three plants, this grow has really gone into overdrive. The one plant to the left back is a panama, the one to the right back is a zamaldelica, the to the front I am still not sure yet, I took a cutting of her and it is resilient. I have sampled the two in back, the one in front has at the very least a month to go. I enjoyed both, very trippy kind of shroom like high, not quite the same thing, damn it is close, the giggles from this stuff makes me think about when I was in high school, anyways, I have tried to keep most of the buds suspended. They are so heavy now they just flop over, The two back plants are starting to show red Hairs, I am running the lights at 11/13, the front plant would not flip over to flower until I did those hours, none of my girls are worse for wear. the nutrient program is fox farms for the two back plants,(I am trying to get rid of the FF), the front one is getting dyna-gro,(I LOVE THIS STUFF!), I am also using general hydroponics CA/MAG for all three,(I also love this stuff, I use it throughout the grow and use ONLY one mL per gallon.), the rest of how I do it is a secret.

20190624 091506
20190624 091513
20190624 091523
20190624 091537
20190624 091545
20190624 091550
Ace9137

Ace9137

Embarrassing enough as it is, I finally have proper identification on my girls, the one back left is a honduran, the back right is Tikal/guatemala, and in front is a panama. Very excited by this grow, they are at eight and a half weeks. I expect that they will be a little quicker on the factors of being more domesticated strains and the 11/13 schedule, my guess is that the two in back will be done in about two weeks the one in front maybe three weeks. I was not prepared for these strains, I had underestimated certain factors that caused, my front plant to have nutrient issues, all three plant in three gallons of soil when I should have used a gallon, and my stash ran out two weeks ago. Cloning has been difficult for the back two, I have one clone so far and that is from the front one, I have one that may make it from the tikal, and I have three clones from the honduran at different intervals, that are 50/50.

20190624 091537
20190624 091550
20190628 094202
20190628 094220
20190628 094225
20190628 094240
20190628 094249
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Embarrassing enough as it is, I finally have proper identification on my girls, the one back left is a honduran, the back right is Tikal/guatemala, and in front is a panama. Very excited by this grow, they are at eight and a half weeks. I expect that they will be a little quicker on the factors of being more domesticated strains and the 11/13 schedule, my guess is that the two in back will be done in about two weeks the one in front maybe three weeks. I was not prepared for these strains, I had underestimated certain factors that caused, my front plant to have nutrient issues, all three plant in three gallons of soil when I should have used a gallon, and my stash ran out two weeks ago. Cloning has been difficult for the back two, I have one clone so far and that is from the front one, I have one that may make it from the tikal, and I have three clones from the honduran at different intervals, that are 50/50.

Nice work! Looks great. But dont rush those sativas. Look a lot farther away than 2 weeks.

And they are worth the patience.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Nice work! Looks great. But dont rush those sativas. Look a lot farther away than 2 weeks.

And they are worth the patience.
Thank you much. No rush at all, just being a bit optimistic, The one called "tikal" has some indica in it, not much, and it is stated at 10 weeks, still, I have a grow lined up with 3 week cushion before throwing them in the tent.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thank you much. No rush at all, just being a bit optimistic, The one called "tikal" has some indica in it, not much, and it is stated at 10 weeks, still, I have a grow lined up with 3 week cushion before throwing them in the tent.

As far as I know they are all hybrids. Real sativa could flower 16 to 20 weeks. But all the sativa far leaning hybrids i have grown have gone 10-12.

I always expect them to take 2-3 weeks more than the breeder quote. Early cut plants have short shitty highs. Fully ripe buds have potency, complexity and long lasting highs. And higher yields.

I like to see them go into “overdrive” the very last weeks. I try to keep them healthy to the end.

Nice plants man. I definitely want to try some of those strains. I always think to order malawi but never do.

Ace9137

Ace9137

As far as I know they are all hybrids. Real sativa could flower 16 to 20 weeks. But all the sativa far leaning hybrids i have grown have gone 10-12.

I always expect them to take 2-3 weeks more than the breeder quote. Early cut plants have short shitty highs. Fully ripe buds have potency, complexity and long lasting highs. And higher yields.

I like to see them go into “overdrive” the very last weeks. I try to keep them healthy to the end.

Nice plants man. I definitely want to try some of those strains. I always think to order malawi but never do.
I am going to grow malawi within the next two grow cycles, I am going over to two lemon hazes and two jack herers, with one strawberry cough which is in tent right now and may be an in between as I still have about a month on the first four mentioned. Then Malawi, purple haze, and chocolate haze. So, I have also currently sampled all three, for hours minimum on the high, uplifting, slight LSD/ or shroom kind of high, paper bag dry. The only reason I am saying that the back two will take less time is my lights are set at about 11/13, this does shave some time off a grow, well, depending on the plant, the other factor is one of the guys that works for the company I received my seeds from said that fem. seeds have a tendency to flower a little faster due to them being a more domesticated strain, so far, my trichomes are milky up and down, the hairs are about 25% red, this harvest is going to be HUGE, I have a few tall and fat buds that i know are going to be heavy. Still, if on the other hand if you are right, I would smoke a fat cone with you, well in spirit at least.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I am going to grow malawi within the next two grow cycles, I am going over to two lemon hazes and two jack herers, with one strawberry cough which is in tent right now and may be an in between as I still have about a month on the first four mentioned. Then Malawi, purple haze, and chocolate haze. So, I have also currently sampled all three, for hours minimum on the high, uplifting, slight LSD/ or shroom kind of high, paper bag dry. The only reason I am saying that the back two will take less time is my lights are set at about 11/13, this does shave some time off a grow, well, depending on the plant, the other factor is one of the guys that works for the company I received my seeds from said that fem. seeds have a tendency to flower a little faster due to them being a more domesticated strain, so far, my trichomes are milky up and down, the hairs are about 25% red, this harvest is going to be HUGE, I have a few tall and fat buds that i know are going to be heavy. Still, if on the other hand if you are right, I would smoke a fat cone with you, well in spirit at least.
Sativa's take a lot longer to flower, and most of the heft and flavor come in the last weeks as the plant puts most of it's energies into flower and (hopefully to the plant) seed production. I have never heard about feminized seeds finishing sooner despite a few years of growing. If you are planning on growing Malawi or other fairly pure Sativa strains, a LOT of headroom is recommended. I grow mostly Sativa plants and it's hard to keep them below 7 ft, with 12-14 week flowering times. Seed vendors are notorious for short season descriptions on their seed selections, as @[LEFT][B][SIZE=4][FONT=lato][COLOR=rgb(28, 45, 65)]MIMedGrower[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] said. Most commercial growers don't wait for the full finish of their plants because time is money, and selling is how the money is made. If you allow your Sativa plants to fully finish, you will be rewarded with fat and heavy buds that are at the peak of flavor and aroma. Sativa plants don't grow the fat nuggets that everyone loves and produces longer, less dense buds. This translates into a larger loss of weight when drying, since the bud density is a lot lower. I'm not trying to be difficult, but you would greatly benefit from letting them go as long as they can. FWIW, Sativas often lose most of their leaves at the end of flowering, so don't panic if you start seeing yellowing leaves towards the end of flowering. Just go easy on the fertilizer towards the end.
FWIW, here is a pic of the Malawi in a 8 ft room, currently about 7 ft. Sativas continue to grow during flowering, so keep enough headroom to keep from running into height issues. The Malawi's are on the left, with a single Sativa on the other side. Both are 7 ft after being topped once or twice.

20190613 122404 001
Ace9137

Ace9137

Sativa's take a lot longer to flower, and most of the heft and flavor come in the last weeks as the plant puts most of it's energies into flower and (hopefully to the plant) seed production. I have never heard about feminized seeds finishing sooner despite a few years of growing. If you are planning on growing Malawi or other fairly pure Sativa strains, a LOT of headroom is recommended. I grow mostly Sativa plants and it's hard to keep them below 7 ft, with 12-14 week flowering times. Seed vendors are notorious for short season descriptions on their seed selections, as @[LEFT][B][SIZE=4][FONT=lato][COLOR=rgb(28, 45, 65)]MIMedGrower[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] said. Most commercial growers don't wait for the full finish of their plants because time is money, and selling is how the money is made. If you allow your Sativa plants to fully finish, you will be rewarded with fat and heavy buds that are at the peak of flavor and aroma. Sativa plants don't grow the fat nuggets that everyone loves and produces longer, less dense buds. This translates into a larger loss of weight when drying, since the bud density is a lot lower. I'm not trying to be difficult, but you would greatly benefit from letting them go as long as they can. FWIW, Sativas often lose most of their leaves at the end of flowering, so don't panic if you start seeing yellowing leaves towards the end of flowering. Just go easy on the fertilizer towards the end.
FWIW, here is a pic of the Malawi in a 8 ft room, currently about 7 ft. Sativas continue to grow during flowering, so keep enough headroom to keep from running into height issues. The Malawi's are on the left, with a single Sativa on the other side. Both are 7 ft after being topped once or twice.
I do appreciate the heads up, there is a difference between smoking and growing. I have been growing for awhile, mostly hybrids, I have had a couple hybrids that grow and smoke like the old school sativas, not very many. I have also stated what mistakes I made on this grow, one gallon pots from now on fer sure. I don't sell, not my thing, I grow for my girl and I, I am not looking to be champion grower of the universe, just good trippy highs. I will wait on harvest as I know it could take longer, my view is marred with hybrids, the longest plant that I ever grew was twelve weeks of flowering, that was a jack herer. I have a seven foot tent, so I was supercropping the plants a lot. Although if you get a chance, try to experiment with different light schedules, 12/12 is not always king, and 18/6 is not always what is said.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I do appreciate the heads up, there is a difference between smoking and growing. I have been growing for awhile, mostly hybrids, I have had a couple hybrids that grow and smoke like the old school sativas, not very many. I have also stated what mistakes I made on this grow, one gallon pots from now on fer sure. I don't sell, not my thing, I grow for my girl and I, I am not looking to be champion grower of the universe, just good trippy highs. I will wait on harvest as I know it could take longer, my view is marred with hybrids, the longest plant that I ever grew was twelve weeks of flowering, that was a jack herer. I have a seven foot tent, so I was supercropping the plants a lot. Although if you get a chance, try to experiment with different light schedules, 12/12 is not always king, and 18/6 is not always what is said.
The pure Sativas, notably ones from Jamaica, were the trippiest I have ever had. In the early 80s we were getting Jamaican that was compressed into bible/book size packages weighing a Lb. One or two batches of it were very psychedelic, causing a "cartoonish" like aura around everything. Driving was very difficult despite many years of smoking prior to the Jamaican. I'm unsure of the origins of them, but I always suspected Malawi. High THC with very low CBD made for a sometimes overwhelming and paranoid feeling. Interestingly, the paranoia that was always part of Cannabis lore probably came from the earlier smokes of the 60s and 70s, which were usually pure Sativas from central/south America. It seems paranoia and psychedelics go hand in hand with some old school Sativa's.

Ace9137

Ace9137

The pure Sativas, notably ones from Jamaica, were the trippiest I have ever had. In the early 80s we were getting Jamaican that was compressed into bible/book size packages weighing a Lb. One or two batches of it were very psychedelic, causing a "cartoonish" like aura around everything. Driving was very difficult despite many years of smoking prior to the Jamaican. I'm unsure of the origins of them, but I always suspected Malawi. High THC with very low CBD made for a sometimes overwhelming and paranoid feeling. Interestingly, the paranoia that was always part of Cannabis lore probably came from the earlier smokes of the 60s and 70s, which were usually pure Sativas from central/south America. It seems paranoia and psychedelics go hand in hand with some old school Sativa's.
Started smoking in the eighties, lived in an area that was a hub for farmers. I never heard of half the strains out now. Some stuff out right now is just named differently, I remember the really bad mexi brick weed that used come in all pressed out like that. I always looked forward to what was coming from the rural areas, some of the most mind shattering stuff, I still find some companies have pure sativas, just got know which ones. The hybrids out now are not bad, just I think DJ Short hit the nails on the head when he said that people went bland, to many super fast grows, of some substandard weirdly named plant that gets you high.......just no heart in the buzz. I never really had the paranoia, I do remember the high that felt like I was on some shrooms, never had weed like that again. Some stuff comes close, and some have a different "feel", so far, most hazes still have a pretty great high.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its the THCV cannabanoid in the african sativas that makes them so trippy i have read. No thcv in modern strains.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Its the THCV cannabanoid in the african sativas that makes them so trippy i have read. No thcv in modern strains.
There is in modern strains still thcv, most is dormant, I still find strains that do have trippy effects. You find thcv in some indicas. Really strange that the breeding practices are so uniform though, bigger yields, more trichomes, higher thc, where is the experience in the buzz, that heartfelt journey where going for a walk becomes a crusade. By the way, I read animal farm, what was strange is I seen a cartoon years ago that was based on Orwells book, I think it was a late sixties early seventies effort, still very close to the book.

Ace9137

Ace9137

This is an update on my grow, the temps have been high so I had to adjust for them. They do have a ways to go. I am just anxious on this grow, and I have already sampled some here and there, very good stuff. I know this pic isn't that great the top cola of the front plant, the other two are more dense than this one.

20190703 111339
Ace9137

Ace9137

Looks like my grow... everything got way top heavy despite propping things up. Good Job!
Thank you, I guess our plants being top heavy is our"burden", Laughing. It is just insane, I even had every problem in the book, of course I sorted them out, it was just a very un planned grow. I am trying to find that decent mixture of what I like in a buzz, I have found a few, still, I had never grown this companies brand before, I love ace seeds that is for sure.

Ace9137

Ace9137

One of my plants finished, it had some branches that were broken. The others have a couple weeks to go, the one in front, looks like it may come to be done within this week. I also have some one the way, they will go into flower in three weeks, the tallest is a strawberry cough, it wasn't a bad strain, I just felt it was nothing earth shattering, so i am growing out my last seed of it, no use keeping a plant that I don't enjoy as much as the others, such as my mother plants. I have tutankahmen that will rock you side ways, Jack Herer, awesome sativa pheno, of course my cuttings from this grow.

20190712 113023
20190712 113028
20190712 113033
20190712 113036
20190712 113048
20190712 113054
20190712 113101
20190712 113104
20190712 113112
20190712 113125
Ace9137

Ace9137

Final harvest, the top pic is the front plants cola, I am counting down the days to "dry" to know how much yield is. The other four pics are from today's harvest and the final plant. I finally figured out what day I started this grow in march which was started under 12/12, I harvested all my plants at either 11 weeks(first two), and 12 weeks,(last plant).I will update on final yield, so far I have 80 plus grams on my first yield,(yes I know I was weak and sampled), anyways, not a bad grow, it went quick in some ways as I flipped to 11/13 light, probably sped up the flowering slightly, good nutrients were added,(dyna gro), they were cared for as best as could be.

20190714 200953
20190717 101402
20190717 101411
20190717 101416
20190717 101446
20190717 101456
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Without CBS, pure THX isn't too pleasant. I had some 4mg Marinol pills a while back, used for emergencies when buds were unavailable. The pills contain 4mg of THE. And it is NOTHING like catching a buzz. I felt like the ship I was on was doing donuts in the middle of the ocean. Once I had a puff or two of regular smoke, it eased up considerably. Without the CBD/CNN in smoke, things get much different!

Top Bottom