Tropical Storm Coming! What To Do With My Potted Plant?! 😵‍💫

• Thread starter Scoopaloop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scoopaloop

Scoopaloop

Please anyone have any ideas or info before the storm hits. I dont kniw how much wind she can handle and will to much rain be bad, if in pot? My garage doesn't have good airflow and us hot in there. I do have one Mars light but dont believe its strong enough. Im hoping i can tuck her away somewhere the wind might not be hitting hard. I tied branches down, not sure if that will be bad to leave like that if winds are rough! Please anyone have any suggestions or insight!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Any chance you have a large enough garden shed? It won't hurt them to be indoors for a couple of days. Run a cord and a fan.
Even the garage with a fan to keep her dry will be fine. What ever you have to do. I have a real problem with late flowering varieties as October is rainy season here. My plants must be put indoors or they will be soaking wet most of the time. It's heavy dew season as well. Sometimes they are inside out of the rain for 2 or 3 days at a time in the dark with a fan on them. They have always been just fine.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Please anyone have any ideas or info before the storm hits. I dont kniw how much wind she can handle and will to much rain be bad, if in pot? My garage doesn't have good airflow and us hot in there. I do have one Mars light but dont believe its strong enough. Im hoping i can tuck her away somewhere the wind might not be hitting hard. I tied branches down, not sure if that will be bad to leave like that if winds are rough! Please anyone have any suggestions or insight!
I come from one of the windiest places on the planet, and I'd suggest taking off any ties you've used before high winds. We get hurricane/gale force winds out here on the high plains and staking/tying down branches or plants generally just breaks said branches/plants. These plants can take quite a beating if you just let them do their thing. If it's in a pot, and it can be moved indoors temporarily, I would do so immediately, if I were you. It won't hurt to keep it inside even under a cheap/poor light for a day or two. Just try to match the sunrise/sunset for light on/off and you'll be fine.

If that's not an option, try putting it in the best place you can find for protection from wind and debris.

Good luck, I'll say a little prayer for your plant! 🤠

Scoopaloop

Scoopaloop

I come from one of the windiest places on the planet, and I'd suggest taking off any ties you've used before high winds. We get hurricane/gale force winds out here on the high plains and staking/tying down branches or plants generally just breaks said branches/plants. These plants can take quite a beating if you just let them do their thing. If it's in a pot, and it can be moved indoors temporarily, I would do so immediately, if I were you. It won't hurt to keep it inside even under a cheap/poor light for a day or two. Just try to match the sunrise/sunset for light on/off and you'll be fine.

If that's not an option, try putting it in the best place you can find for protection from wind and debris.

Good luck, I'll say a little prayer for your plant! 🤠
🤗🤗 Thanks ✌️💚
She survived!

Top Bottom