Trouble 2 Weeks In Veg With Dwc - Gsc

• Thread starter linux50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

linux50

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get some tribal knowledge from readers like yourself. I have a few plants that are not looking to healthy. They have slight chlorosis and some leaf tips look dire. I have the following background information:

Water Capacity of System : 40 Gallons
Using Hydroton
Water Type: RO
Water Chilled: To 64 (F)
Water PPM Prior to Nutrients: 170 ppm
PPM After Nutrients: 850 ppm
Nutrient Schedule: Lucas Formula
Lighting: 1000 Watt HPS & 600 Watt LEC
Average PAR: 400-450
CO2: 1000 ppm (Please refer to histogram)
Temperature: ~74F (-+=4) (Please refer to histogram)
Humidity: ~57% (Please refer to histogram)

Anything you can do to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Linux50

Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 2
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 3
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 4
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 5
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 6
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 7
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 8
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 9
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 10
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 11
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 12
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 13
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 14
Trouble 2 weeks in veg with dwc   gsc 15
Environmentpng
Nutrient specspng
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

First concern is your RO..... I have fairly bad well wate, it's 280 before filter. After filters it's around 15.

Second when using the Lucas formula 8/16 ppm should be 950ish and ph should be 5.8 after everything is mixed.

So a few questions
Where do you get your RO?
How do you measure nutrients?
Are you using different ratio?
How do you mix your nutrients?

L

linux50

First concern is your RO..... I have fairly bad well wate, it's 280 before filter. After filters it's around 15.

Second when using the Lucas formula 8/16 ppm should be 950ish and ph should be 5.8 after everything is mixed.

So a few questions
Where do you get your RO?
How do you measure nutrients?
Are you using different ratio?
How do you mix your nutrients?

Thank you for your feedback Scolymia7. I have a RO water filter which creates it from the tap. I measure my nutrients using a program I wrote which calculates it based the Lucas formula and then dispenses them via a parastatic pump. The pumps pumps will dispense 15 minutes apart in order to allow the nutrient to mix thoroughly..

Linux50

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I would look into your RO filter first....Unless your initial tap is over 500 ppm 170 is kind of on the high side. Initial water pressure can have an effect on results. 80 psi is ideal. Anything less than 40 is not going to cut it. Water temp is important, 77 is ideal. Anything less than 70 is bad for the r.o. membrane.

That would be a good start because the Lucas formula requires r.o water. 0-50 is the acceptable range for what's considered r.o. water. The original formula write up stated 0ppm is ideal. That extra 170 ppm could be messing things up.

Double check your pumps/formaula as well, make sure they are correct on measurements. For a 40 gallon rez you would need 10.8oz(320ml) micro and 21.6oz(640ml) bloom. Also make sure micro is the first one mixed, then bloom if you don't already do that

I'm definetly not an expert, so my advice should be taken lightly. I have been using the Lucas formula for a few years though. Everytime ppm is around 950-980Ish, ph is 5.8. That's why I use it, simple and consistent. Plus I have a 500 dollar water filtration system :), puts good use to it. Only set it up for my 400 gallons of salt water tanks, only 0 ppm for them lol.

L

linux50

I would look into your RO filter first....Unless your initial tap is over 500 ppm 170 is kind of on the high side. Initial water pressure can have an effect on results. 80 psi is ideal. Anything less than 40 is not going to cut it. Water temp is important, 77 is ideal. Anything less than 70 is bad for the r.o. membrane.

That would be a good start because the Lucas formula requires r.o water. 0-50 is the acceptable range for what's considered r.o. water. The original formula write up stated 0ppm is ideal. That extra 170 ppm could be messing things up.

Double check your pumps/formaula as well, make sure they are correct on measurements. For a 40 gallon rez you would need 10.8oz(320ml) micro and 21.6oz(640ml) bloom. Also make sure micro is the first one mixed, then bloom if you don't already do that

I'm definetly not an expert, so my advice should be taken lightly. I have been using the Lucas formula for a few years though. Everytime ppm is around 950-980Ish, ph is 5.8. That's why I use it, simple and consistent. Plus I have a 500 dollar water filtration system :), puts good use to it. Only set it up for my 400 gallons of salt water tanks, only 0 ppm for them lol.

Thank you for the heads up but might you know what these plants are suffering from?

Linux50

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

They are suffering from early signs of deficiencies.....nitrogen, magnesium, phosphorus, possibly calcium would be my guesses.

KRuFnY4 1022x1024
Top Bottom