Trouble In Hell Need Help

• Thread starter Ironhead1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Started to us Hydroguard and started to get foam. The instructions say 2 mil doesn't give how many gallons. I think I killed my plant I thought it was 2 mil per gallon so I was using a table spoon and how often do you add it? Again the label says with every waterin? Every time I added water I give it more Hydroguard.
Trouble in hell need help
Trouble in hell need help 2

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use Promix and have used it for over 3 decades. I find it impossible to screw it up as long as you don't overfeed. I don't really add anything other than composted manure, wood ashes, and some timed release fertilizer mixed into everything. Feed every 7-10 days (or more if you think your plants need it, but I never did) and you will have a great grow without PH or other issues. I know that you have experience, but mistakes can happen...as you have found out. I'll be more than happy to provide any help with a promix type of medium. I haven't used anything other, so I can't comment on Coco or whatever those little round balls are. Water once a day, feed once a week, and you are good to go!

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

None of that answered your question so . . .
1 tablespoon holds almost 15 mils!
Hydroguard is a bacterial culture.
Specifically, Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens.
Added at that concentration, it will foam. Flush your system, add 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, then leave it alone. If it is too concentrated, it chokes itself and dies off.

Aloha,
Weeze

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Started to us Hydroguard and started to get foam. The instructions say 2 mil doesn't give how many gallons. I think I killed my plant I thought it was 2 mil per gallon so I was using a table spoon and how often do you add it? Again the label says with every waterin? Every time I added water I give it more Hydroguard.
View attachment 864244 View attachment 864245
Yea, make sure your measurements are right. 5 ml = 1 TEASPOON. I would add it at least every time you change your res, but personally, I add a little bit to my water any time I add water to my dwc.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Yea, make sure your measurements are right. 5 ml = 1 TEASPOON. I would add it at least every time you change your res, but personally, I add a little bit to my water any time I add water to my dwc.
Its a bacterial culture. Once it's in the water, it's in the water. No need to add it again. The bacteria will grow to fill the space quickly.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Its a bacterial culture. Once it's in the water, it's in the water. No need to add it again. The bacteria will grow to fill the space quickly.
So what are you saying? You add it once at the beginning of a grow and that's it?

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

This morning was the first time my plant did not drink any water overnight and has a lot of yellow leaves and today is the 3rd water change just adding nutrients and of course PH adjusted. I'm wondering if I add a co2 bucket would help or would it just be a waste of money? Here are some pictures taken today
20190403 124834
20190403 124719
20190403 124709

Top Bottom