Trouble With Almost New Chiller

• Thread starter gloriousgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gloriousgreen

Hi i have a chiller prob.For some reason last night my chiller stopped dropping my temp and its stuck at 73f it always runned perfectly fine at 65F.I unplugged it and replugged it.Nothing... Everything is clean and the compressor is working.My room temp is at 25 celcius so it should not be a prob.Anyone had that prob?

Its a 1/4 aqua farm.

F

FooDoo

I've been running the same one for a year now straight without a break and its never done that. I've heard some are crappy. Might need someone to service it or replace it

F

FooDoo

Or its too hot in the room to cool, might need to relocate it to a colder spot

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

is the thermostat letting u adjust the temp to what temp you want? Is the pump working and does it have full flo?

G

gloriousgreen

It letting me adjust to 67F but it read 73f
The fan is blowing hot air in the back
The compressor get hot
It was set to 67 all the time except once i made it go to 65
I tryed to unplugged for 2 hours and still not geting any colder ...
Room at 77 steady (with my AC)
never had any trouble with it.

G

gloriousgreen

The newbie at my shop told me he can send it back but its 3 week turn around ... And i am at week 2 of grow.Problem problem problem

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

3wk turn around tell him 3 days with no chiller and ill be screwed. How old is the chiller? The coil could be blocked causing it not to work correctly. Make sure ur looking at the correct side of the coil? If the coil is blocked from dust and dirt it may cause the coil to turn to a block of ice. when u turned it off was there any water from the coil on the ground?
if u set the stat at 67 and the water temp was 65 sounds like something wrong right there..

G

gloriousgreen

Chiller is 6 months old bought it brand new
No water when i did stop it
No my stats where always ok i just didnt writed good enough
I kept it at 67F then at the end of my run last 2 weeks it was at 65F
Anyway to see if the coil is blocked?

Here is the thing i did
Unplugged it and removed the two top elbow and then flushed the water that was inside to be sure no stuff was blocking that might have gone inside.
Changed the fuse (i was trying anything)
I even went and put ice inside my UC to make the temp go down and it went to 68 then a hour later back at 73F
I even unplugged it for 2 hours to get the compressor less hot (nada) the temp went to 75 then i had hope it went back to 73f and still at that temp.Is there a way to reset the motherboard on this thing.It look like the only thing i didnt do.

G

gloriousgreen

I do i re moved the in to see if the flow was good and also the out (did a little mess hehe) and everything is moving

UPDATE
When light on it is not goin under 73f
When lights out its sitting at 70f

I ran easy at a steady 67 for 6 month and nothing changed since i started it .... Everything is the same so i am pretty screwed.

blazer

blazer

Does the chiller have a little air cooled coil with a fan on it? It does check and make sure that coil is clean Is chiller in same temp as it was before or is it hotter?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
it appears to be in the uc section

DapperDon

DapperDon

it appears to be in the uc section
So it is.

image.png

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

whats the brand name? can u take a pic I just wanna make sure ur looking at the right side of the coil to see if its blocked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom