True Aeroponics system Design

• Thread starter crimsonangel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crimsonangel

I came up with this design a few months back sketched them out and lost them; now that I found them I’d like some feedback on them.

This is based upon the idea of TRUE aeroponics. I have read deeply into Aeroponics and have found out that it is apparently separated into two branches one which uses ultrasonic foggers and the other which incorporates a high pressure pump which atomizes the water in the misting head to around the 30-60 micron range. From what I have read NASA uses the ultrasonic fogger method which utilizes an extremely find mist of water and nutrient solution which takes the form of a fog around the 5 micron range plus or minus 5 microns or so. I’ve also gathered that NASA states that a micron range of around between 5 and 50 are ideal. I have however had difficulty finding many NASA documents on the matter most of what I’ve read involving NASA is not from them but from someone else stating this is what they said.

Since I intend on using the ultrasonic fogger method I’ve scoured multiple forums for more info on them. There seems to be a split view on the subject, where some people say foggers simply will not do while others swear by them. There is also an incredible lack of information on any grows using solely foggers and not so much info on using pressurized units.

So I've decided that I will test this out and see exactly how well it performs. I will create a grow journal when I begin and will record all data of growth, nutrient temp, PH, PPM, etc on a daily basis. I’ve included my final designs for the system and plan on beginning in no more than a months’ time.
The entire design is all self-contained and able to be easily regulated. The system holds 4 plants and allows the roots around 2 feet to hang before entering and elbow then a T and finally a second T which drains into a reservoir. the reservoir houses a pump that takes the water up into a T shaped 3-way valve that allows water to either pass into the central fog housing or go further up and opens into two water feed rails that release into a single normal mister in each main pipe.

The reason for this design is for in early stages of growth I feel a normal water mister would work better than a fogger at saturating the rockwool with water until the roots grew to a certain length, then the valve can be switched for the water feed to empty into the fogger housing instead of the water feed rails. A HIGH CFM fan will be placed on top of the fog unit housing to draw in air at a high velocity thus pressurizing the system to a certain degree, which will allow the fog to penetrate the root system more easily. From the fog housing the fog will evacuate into exhaust pipes and empty the fog into the tubes from the top where they can eventually drain back to the reservoir. The Fog housing also has an overflow tube to keep the water at the perfect level for the fog modules to operate at.
The strains I will be growing will include feminized white widow and feminized super lemon haze. Any feedback I can get would be helpful.

Also on a side note I was wondering the effects of having oxygen directly injected into the system to tend to the root zone, by doing this the O2 concentrations would be significantly higher than atmospheric levels.

True aeroponics system design
True aeroponics system design 2
True aeroponics system design 3
True aeroponics system design 4
B

blingisgreen23

very cool dude..i love learning new ways to grow..rock on bro

J

Jalisco Kid

Your true aero turns into a nft/shallow dwc quick. If you ever find a dry fog commercial project let me know. Go with the hi pres pump unless you really like challenges.JK

C

crimsonangel

Your true aero turns into a nft/shallow dwc quick. If you ever find a dry fog commercial project let me know. Go with the hi pres pump unless you really like challenges.JK

Ive changed the length of the grow tubes to 4 feet instead of 2 those 4 feet along with the elbow and the T's mean the roots have around 5 feet to hang before they touch water. I believe thats sufficient for around 3 months of grow.

J

john guest

I`ve never come across any root pics from NASA that have the true aero root structure.
Do you have any links to NASA root pics grown using 1-5 micron fog?

J

john guest

The closest thing i can find to Crimsons proposed design is the dominaero. There is a video on you tube called Fogponics with the Dominaero propagation system, it shows the root structure about 59 seconds in but dont expect too much :)

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not know if you can still find his sys anymore but there were some grows at CW called Wally aero tubes, I ran similar. Roots will run into and fill the rez. My runs were over 15' long. As your roots fill in the tubes you will be changing the way your water flows inside the tubes. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

hey JK ain't that something for you:

If I had 1 or 2 plants with lots of free time. JK
My salts and their designs do not work well together. The idea is good, the cost to perfect it makes it for a sys down the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom