True Detective Season 2

• Thread starter juniper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juniper

juniper

Let the Vaughnaissance begin.

The whole occult Southern Gothic feel of Season 1 was just a perfect backdrop. I don't know about Southern California, and this show has major shoes to fill, but I bet they pull it off.

Any True Detective fans here on the farm?

juniper

juniper

I hear ya man...on the one hand, Nick Pizzolato knows that people are waiting to say "it isn't as good as last season" and therefore, will try to put out something even better, knowing just how awesome it has to be.

On the other hand, McConnaughey as Rust Cohle. Just...damn. That is my favorite TV performance of all time.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I hear ya man...on the one hand, Nick Pizzolato knows that people are waiting to say "it isn't as good as last season" and therefore, will try to put out something even better, knowing just how awesome it has to be.

On the other hand, McConnaughey as Rust Cohle. Just...damn. That is my favorite TV performance of all time.
Not since I was a child have I identified with a television character- too funny that he's a cop.

It's a pretty damn perfect production, from content to execution; it was beautifully shot, amazing cast, brilliant writing.

Check this out: http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/deeper-meaning-true-detective-season-one/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am sure Vince can pull it off, 100%. He's got a real dark side in his repertoire.

Let the Vaughnaissance begin.

The whole occult Southern Gothic feel of Season 1 was just a perfect backdrop. I don't know about Southern California, and this show has major shoes to fill, but I bet they pull it off.

Any True Detective fans here on the farm?
Fuck yeah! I LOVED the first season, they caught something about the atmosphere of northern Louisiana that took me back to a time and a place, it was onerous. I know SoCal pretty well so if that's where this season is placed I'm even more excited. Now I've gotta watch that trailer!

Shamus

Shamus

I just saw the trailer on HBO after the first new episode of GOT.. I called it out immediately as looking just like the directing style of true detective.. Then whatdya know.. It's true detective.

Cautiously optimistic about Vince is right

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I feel the same about Aoody Harrelson- wondered why he was cast as first. But the need for comedic relief is strong in this show, In that regard I think Vince Vaughn will bring a necessary comedic dynamic to the show

juniper

juniper

There were a couple funny moments season 1, Harrelson had a few lines in the first few episodes, and that scene where Rust blew that $10 bill toward the detectives after telling them to go buy him beer. Rust also has a couple fairly wry lines: "Do I strike you as a talker or a doer, Steve?"

juniper

juniper

Hot damn! They released 3 teaser posters for the 2nd season a couple days ago:
tdmp1-jpg.jpg

tdmp2-jpg.jpg

tdmp3-jpg.jpg

It already has just the right look and feel to it.

darkmatter

darkmatter

no way in hell it will top the first season. I'm not a fan of either of the lead dudes I cant think of a movie I liked with either of them. I'm pretty damn sure the show will kick ass though, award winning shit no doubt. First season was epic I thought Matt m. Shit all over everybody that year even the great Walter white.

kds710

kds710

Anything will have to be some epic shit to top the first season

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First season was awesome, second season makes me want to slap the producer/writer. WTF is he thinking??

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Yeah not what I expected after the 1st. Season. But sticking with it. .. never know may be lost watching it and writer/producer gon pop our the tv give a silly slap and be like to what you missed it stoner.!!✋☺.. Only in the movies eh ..

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
2nd season has a great story, and is well done.
You really can't compare it to the 1st season though.

Too funny Jonny in the closet waking up covered in spooge, runs out and gets engaged. Lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I kept telling Dave, Dude done got did! He kept asking me, How do you know? I kept saying, Look at his FACE! He's guilty about his manlove.

Top Bottom