True Hermaphrodite - Male Hermie

• Thread starter MamaBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

Just in case you've never seen one . . .

Couple years ago this landed in my lap. I have great luck with the bizarre!

Background:
GDP male right out of the breeder pack. He grew very lush, dense and with short node spacing. I swore it was a female till he got flowers. Males get tall, lanky and just look different from females and I can usually sort out the sexes long before they flower. He bloomed slower too, timed with the females. Males usually bloom earlier which makes it really easy to cull them.

It's not everyday you get something really odd so I kept him just to see what would happen. Not much did happen. He had plain, regular male flowers and I eventually chopped him after collecting some pollen. Pushed his pot under the potting table to dump later - and forgot about it. Month or so later I see green poking out down there and pulled it back out. He re-vegged on his own but with different flowers this time. Tough dude since he hadn't been watered the whole time!

I know stressing can cause hermies but I'd never seen or heard of a MALE hermie before. And I've never had a hermie (male or female) in my greenhouse before. Took some pics at the time because when I asked around about him, people didn't believe me.

So, here he is . . . true, complete hermaphrodite cannabis flowers with both pollen sacks and pistils.

Needless to say, I tossed the pollen. I don't want these kind of genetics anywhere near my girls!

Male herm 1jpg Male herm 2jpg

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
This is a full male Bruce Banner that pop a pistol lol It got axed. The male I kept is still being put through the ringer lol so far so good no female parts.

Tacoavenger

Tacoavenger

I just had this happen with a purple godbud×purple budda male, it knocked itself up and now I have ten seeds from it.

Top Bottom