True Living Organics.

• Thread starter bb74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bb74

I am going to buy the book true living organics by the rev just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this and how it works for them, ive read a few threads on here just looking for some more info on it.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's a great book I keep up with The Rev in skunk magazine. The book is great for introduction but doesn't really get too specific which is fine but I'm using his book more as a manual to remind me what not to do. Rev has a great list of what not to do to your soil for the living soil experience. There are a ton of soil science threads here that are mind boggling and as deep as your willing to study. We are finding that there is so much we don't know about the soil and we even know less on how cannabis roots symbiotically relate to living soil.

Check this out for starters
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...e-roots-soil-and-everything-in-between.68420/

Have fun and feed the soil not the plant;^}

B

bb74

Thanks for the info! How are plant yields with this? I would imagine pretty good, I am going to pick up this book I have been wanting to do organics for awhile.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Organics can yield just as much as anything else in my opinion even in the same amount of time. It's all about locking your environment down finding your phenos that flourish and providing everything your soil needs to nourish your plant.....the niche is found with N fixing microbes P fixing microbes and K fixing microbes...and those are host plant specific so some luck is necessary unless your an Einstein of soil and plants, what I do is provide the most complex mix of bacteria and fungus as early as possible and hope something beneficial flourishes then keep the soil aerobic and thriving from there it's all genetics and environment....

B

bb74

Does the revs book have more of this info? I have not got it yet but I am soon and im hoping to learn as much as I can from this

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The folks at Nomads Landing swear by the Rev's book. I haven't read it, but it can make learning how to grow cannabis using soil food web methods a bit faster because you're not going to have to play around with as many variables, whereas if you do it like I and many others have, you'll have more of a learning curve. I like steep curves.

bBgog13

bBgog13

Elaine Ingram is one of experts in this area you can find her on line she great
And teaming with microbes is on my night stand right now read front to back no skipping and you'll understand what's really going on under your feet there's dirt and there's soil. The soil food web is a must for outdoor growers but honesty indors precise food at the precise time is why indoor is the bomb complete control
Giving them what they want when they need it THATS. Great advantage everyone pays so much attention to what brand there running .
I see so many people over fert over water and over crowd plants are all burnt up curling. In sane stretching
Use the best stuff butt stop over doing it
Plants only take up 10 -15% through there roots I've found lees is more and brewing my own compost tea from my yard scraps is a great way to Taylor feed program your plants every three days
I'm yielding more I use both chems and organics in moderation common sense

A

allorganic

The Rev's book is great, I mainly use his different tea recipes and his ratios for re-amending used soil. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH USE OF SPIKES! He loves them, once I stopped doing spikes and just top dressed my dry nutes, everything started going a lot better. Add bokashi and OG Biowarfare! This will really speed up breakdown and absorption of those dry nutes. Hope this helps, check me out on Instagram @beardedbudz for pics of plants and buds that I have grown with the above mentioned tips for TLO growing.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The Rev's book is great, I mainly use his different tea recipes and his ratios for re-amending used soil. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH USE OF SPIKES! He loves them, once I stopped doing spikes and just top dressed my dry nutes, everything started going a lot better. Add bokashi and OG Biowarfare! This will really speed up breakdown and absorption of those dry nutes. Hope this helps, check me out on Instagram @beardedbudz for pics of plants and buds that I have grown with the above mentioned tips for TLO growing.
Do you recycle medium? And if so where could learn your ammendments? Danks in advance...

A

allorganic

Do you recycle medium? And if so where could learn your ammendments? Danks in advance...
Yes I recycle my soul after each run. I will have to track down the recipe but I follow the Revs re-amendment recipe almost exactly. It calls for a lot of stuff and is based on a per gallon of starting used medium/soil. You let it cook for a month then use. The recycled soil seems to get better each time it is re-amended and cooked, it keeps getting closer to hummus with each successive run. I have not bought any new soil in over a yr. USE BOKASHI! In the soil mix and as top dress and tea, it helps with breakdown so much.
Sorry for the rambling, let me find that recipe!

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

I love the tlo book for guidelines but don't follow everything the rev has a YouTube video of him talking about tlo at the emerald cup good watch if your interested in tlo

Ritual

Ritual

Yes I recycle my soul after each run. I will have to track down the recipe but I follow the Revs re-amendment recipe almost exactly. It calls for a lot of stuff and is based on a per gallon of starting used medium/soil. You let it cook for a month then use. The recycled soil seems to get better each time it is re-amended and cooked, it keeps getting closer to hummus with each successive run. I have not bought any new soil in over a yr. USE BOKASHI! In the soil mix and as top dress and tea, it helps with breakdown so much.
Sorry for the rambling, let me find that recipe!
i am in full agreenent with you. I wanna know what strain is on page 49 of that book ...

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

My fav info from the book is staying away from radical acids and salts or sirfectants plus if indeed you feel you need the acid or salt or wetting agent in any form dilute first, fir instance before adding salts or acids to teas put that shit in a pint or half gallon or gallon of good water first and let sit or bubble for a good minute (I do 12-24 hrs)first then add to tea or medium, peace and TLO grease

Top Bottom