True Scrogging Vs Trellis W Floating Double Netted Adjustable Scrog Nets

• Thread starter Indiva710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indiva710

Indiva710

Heres the real scrog nets I built...as most ppl dont know the diff between scrogging and trellis netting..... I also don't get why people will build single layer scrogs and then they go and buy 50 plant yoyos per plant on top of it when u can easily make a adjustable 2nd net and even a 3rd I'f u really wanted however it would be a waste imo as u could just buy a trellis net and zip tie it around the uprights as they are there just to support those magically delishmish cannameds we all love..as a trellis net is for holding the plant up from the weight of fruit/buds not for scrogging which is more or less a style of growing you have to set it up in order to do as you super crop and monster crop the plant as u pretty much have to gently bend and pinch ea branch at the height you want and do not split the stem either or u will be decreasing your yield not improving so you have to take your time and you can start doing it earlier in veg too just want it as like a even table but you have to plan ahead on if your going to scrog and also depends if you have a seprate room for veg and bloom like I do...
If you want to do the adjustable floating scrogs you have to use 3/4 pvc as for the adjustable net you need 1in cross tees so it can slide in the uprights and use a screw or eye screw etc to select your height..
I also highly recommend you guys stop taking the time to build a pvc scrog and then you go half ass it and you get a trellis net you zip tie or screw it too as that is a big no no..you cant ever get the squares even actually plus the trellis always comes off the pvc due to the plant pushing on it due to growing up...and please do not use wire or fishing line any of that trash that will cut into your plants actually... get braided Mason line and do NOT CUT IT USE A FLAME IT WONT FREY....dont get the twisted Mason line either it doesnt work as it will fray and wont last nearly as long...also most trellis nets are 6in that you find local that's too big for a scrog...
Please people do not use screws to attach your line and make your squares with drill a hole all the way thru the pvc and fish it thru the hole it not only makes the alignment of the squares better..but you dont have screws catching on you all the time but most of all with screws the entire net will not stay fully taught all the way thru therefore the net will slide off the screws and all those issues are resolved by simply drilling a hole all the way thru as you would be pre drilling for the screws..
I will only use panhead screws for the fittings to keep everything screwed together no need to glue..
I make my nets every 3-4in it kinda just depends on how big your building it and your plants..I like 4in best but that's just me..
For attaching the nets and making them floating I got cable and made eyelets attached to a eye screw that I put on both sides of the net and I used like 1.5in keychain rings they are like I guess you can call them in the middle to attach the 2 cables so its 2 ratchet straps per net..or you could just do 1 ratchet stap towards your aisle so when you harvest and clean etc you can lift the front of the net up and do your cleaning and not have the net in the way..i did 2 ratchet straps just cuz it was easiest for me and i zip tied the back uprights to my tent as well to make it more stable and does wonders...
If you have any questions feel free to ask

True scrogging vs trellis w floating double netted adjustable scrog nets
True scrogging vs trellis w floating double netted adjustable scrog nets 2
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I agree with most, I use round eye hooks, and make my own netting - 2.5” squares work best for me. We ScrOG very differently though.

Indiva710

Indiva710

As with anything in life theres many many ways to do things and everyones setups and goals are different on how they grow..also even how big the scrog is on how big the squares are..and you use your eye hooks to attach the squares to instead of screws so it wont come off?...I've seen it like that however I personally for my grow I like screwless for my squares..also on the cable to attach the ratchet straps I zip tied ea side of the 1.5in ring like 2in away so the ring sat between the screens so when your adjusting the plant you have 1 strap not 2 in your way just to make it cleaner...yeah the topping of scrogging I've seen people do it lots of different ways too even doing manifolding and doing it early in veg letting it grow thru the net which is what I call a trellis net more or less but that's just me as theres tons of diff ways and things to do to get the same results etc..if you dont mind me asking how is your way soo Much diff than mine?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

As with anything in life theres many many ways to do things and everyones setups and goals are different on how they grow..also even how big the scrog is on how big the squares are..and you use your eye hooks to attach the squares to instead of screws so it wont come off?...I've seen it like that however I personally for my grow I like screwless for my squares..also on the cable to attach the ratchet straps I zip tied ea side of the 1.5in ring like 2in away so the ring sat between the screens so when your adjusting the plant you have 1 strap not 2 in your way just to make it cleaner...yeah the topping of scrogging I've seen people do it lots of different ways too even doing manifolding and doing it early in veg letting it grow thru the net which is what I call a trellis net more or less but that's just me as theres tons of diff ways and things to do to get the same results etc..if you dont mind me asking how is your way soo Much diff than mine?

Way different when you look at the plants. The way we train and how we ScrOG is different yet has many similarities. There is no right imo, love how it can have so much variety

CE20BE23 0392 4DCA A425 6AED5209E13A

3 balls

3 balls

Way different when you look at the plants. The way we train and how we ScrOG is different yet has many similarities. There is no right imo, love how it can have so much variety

View attachment 850276
That is sweet! 100 X more trained than my best effort. How long do you have to veg to get something like that?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

That is sweet! 100 X more trained than my best effort. How long do you have to veg to get something like that?

Legally I can flower two and veg 4, so with a typical 60 day flower I have around 120 days to veg. Since I fill a 4x4 with two in flower it works well for me

Indiva710

Indiva710

Yup I agree there isn't really a right way to scrog however scrogging vs trellis is different and that's what I was getting at mainly as theres lots of different types of scrogging you can do the half bowl shape on the sides be higher than in the middle..theres like the v style way ..a vertical scrog etc...and plus all the diff ways you can plant train for your scrog as well...my next harvest I'm going to to a 16 or 32 top main lining scrog and see how I like it as I do like the thought of main lining and each top being equal distance to the root zone so everything gets the equal amount of everything...but also topping lst super cropping monster cropping etc are all great and wonderful things just all depends how you use them....

Indiva710

Indiva710

Also my next crop I'm doing two diff types of main lining or manifolding w e you want to call it as I see you topped and yd your plant and then topped again and grew them out that way and lollipop which is similar to what I will be trying and seeing which way I like best as I'm new to having so much room so trying out new things and new to rdwc..plus you always have to be trying something new you wont ever improve and get better and find out what you like best too

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Heres the real scrog nets I built...as most ppl dont know the diff between scrogging and trellis netting..... I also don't get why people will build single layer scrogs and then they go and buy 50 plant yoyos per plant on top of it when u can easily make a adjustable 2nd net and even a 3rd I'f u really wanted however it would be a waste imo as u could just buy a trellis net and zip tie it around the uprights as they are there just to support those magically delishmish cannameds we all love..as a trellis net is for holding the plant up from the weight of fruit/buds not for scrogging which is more or less a style of growing you have to set it up in order to do as you super crop and monster crop the plant as u pretty much have to gently bend and pinch ea branch at the height you want and do not split the stem either or u will be decreasing your yield not improving so you have to take your time and you can start doing it earlier in veg too just want it as like a even table but you have to plan ahead on if your going to scrog and also depends if you have a seprate room for veg and bloom like I do...
If you want to do the adjustable floating scrogs you have to use 3/4 pvc as for the adjustable net you need 1in cross tees so it can slide in the uprights and use a screw or eye screw etc to select your height..
I also highly recommend you guys stop taking the time to build a pvc scrog and then you go half ass it and you get a trellis net you zip tie or screw it too as that is a big no no..you cant ever get the squares even actually plus the trellis always comes off the pvc due to the plant pushing on it due to growing up...and please do not use wire or fishing line any of that trash that will cut into your plants actually... get braided Mason line and do NOT CUT IT USE A FLAME IT WONT FREY....dont get the twisted Mason line either it doesnt work as it will fray and wont last nearly as long...also most trellis nets are 6in that you find local that's too big for a scrog...
Please people do not use screws to attach your line and make your squares with drill a hole all the way thru the pvc and fish it thru the hole it not only makes the alignment of the squares better..but you dont have screws catching on you all the time but most of all with screws the entire net will not stay fully taught all the way thru therefore the net will slide off the screws and all those issues are resolved by simply drilling a hole all the way thru as you would be pre drilling for the screws..
I will only use panhead screws for the fittings to keep everything screwed together no need to glue..
I make my nets every 3-4in it kinda just depends on how big your building it and your plants..I like 4in best but that's just me..
For attaching the nets and making them floating I got cable and made eyelets attached to a eye screw that I put on both sides of the net and I used like 1.5in keychain rings they are like I guess you can call them in the middle to attach the 2 cables so its 2 ratchet straps per net..or you could just do 1 ratchet stap towards your aisle so when you harvest and clean etc you can lift the front of the net up and do your cleaning and not have the net in the way..i did 2 ratchet straps just cuz it was easiest for me and i zip tied the back uprights to my tent as well to make it more stable and does wonders...
If you have any questions feel free to ask
Why the disdain?
I like it. It lit a fire up peoples ass.
My way or the HighWay Bud!

Indiva710

Indiva710

I dont think so and I'm not sure about it lighting a fire up ppls asses but hopefully it will and ppl stop half assing building things and sick of seeing people calling trellising scrogging when not..now dont get me wrong theres lots of diff types of scrogging like vertical scrog, the half bowl shape type scrogs and the v style etc but those are made with scrog nets not trellis netting...
And no way in hell is it my way or the highway as theres tons of diff ways to do things but having them confused with what one is and the other anyways...as scrogging is more of a style of growing and a trellis net is simply a tool you can use to help support fruit/buds....theres tons of ways to do things of course and of course some work better than others but its horticulture just like human health docs dont know everything about us and we are all a lil bit diff just like our plants and theres diff meds and diff things to try for diff things just like growing and there isnt 1 doc or a medicine even that is thee best and knows everything and that med cures it all etc...theres lots of diff things to do to get to the same end result and some are better than others....by no means I'm I some pro or even close and really no such thing as it's a living and breathing thing and ea one is diff and always changing and more of a guessing game on what your going to get and end result as ea seed is a guess on what it 100% actually is as someone could of lied and said it was this or simply just dont kno and made it up or used a name cuz ppl liked it..plus seeds are diff just like siblings are and can be even worse depending on strain too just sooo many variables....but I do my best and I'm always reading and learning more and more as you never know what you might learn or think of and it does wonders etc....... but I'm glad you like it and I didnt waste my time writing it and it can help some people..

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I call mine Jiujitsuing cannabis. It’s like scroging only better, because it’s the way I do it.

But for real, I support multi layer ScrOG nets for outdoor. This is my current build (not mine, building an upgraded version) of this. Making a detailed parts list so it will be easy for people to reproduce. The 45 and the T combination to set the angle for the arches is perfect.

08D4C7BE 971C 41C1 945D 6D084669E786
4E1AF6CF 0894 42ED 938F 478D688AF5FF

Indiva710

Indiva710

I agree on the 45s for the hoops as that is perfect..and a grow like that is where u use trellis netting like you did as your def not going to do build a scrog net that big with that many layers too...

Notamastergrower

Notamastergrower

So uhh...I'm new to this...I kind of got an idea but you think you could give me the core principles of the scrog. Should I build my own vs buying the netting that hooks to a tent? I noticed a lot of the squares a pretty big on those.

Notamastergrower

Notamastergrower

Also when you use two scrogs, do you use different sizes? And which one goes on top?

Indiva710

Indiva710

Ya I agree i like the trellis nets better vs pvc made ones. However it does make a difference on if you grow in a tent or not 4 or 6in squares i like 4in for bottom and 6in for the top net sometimes need 3 or more layers just all depends on the plant and if you veg and flower in the same place...
Just need to have the net tight and even as possible and that's all that really matters for scrog and trellis

Top Bottom