Trustfall Genetics grow #2: Gary Payton x Okie WC

• Thread starter elusiveshame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Went to go water these girls tonight, and one of them had a pair of red spider mites on the cup. I squished them, and inspected the plant and didn’t see any others.

I took that one plant out of the tent and is now sitting on my spare desk. I didn’t see any signs of them on the other plants, so this is just a precaution. Tomorrow I’ll mix up some Azamax and spray them all and give the top soil on each plant a good coating as well.

As for how they got in there - I have 3 theories:

1. They hitched a ride on me (I see them from time to time outside, but not in large numbers).

2. They got into the bag of happy frog as the bags are out in my greenhouse.

3. I used a contaminated solo cup on accident.

Regardless, I spotted them, so now it’s time to take action. If I can’t get rid of them, then I’ll get rid of the plants and bleach my tent a few times and start a new batch in my spare 2x4.
Great eyes and prevention man. Question, do you use DE to treat your soil prior? All theories are definitely possible and glad you caught it in time!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Great eyes and prevention man. Question, do you use DE to treat your soil prior? All theories are definitely possible and glad you caught it in time!
That’s why I also do a deadbug regimen once a day 2 days in a row then wait 2 weeks and repeat (only in veg), my veg tent is actually drying right now as we speak in about 30 minutes gotta go turn he lights back up lol

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Went to go water these girls tonight, and one of them had a pair of red spider mites on the cup. I squished them, and inspected the plant and didn’t see any others.

I took that one plant out of the tent and is now sitting on my spare desk. I didn’t see any signs of them on the other plants, so this is just a precaution. Tomorrow I’ll mix up some Azamax and spray them all and give the top soil on each plant a good coating as well.

As for how they got in there - I have 3 theories:

1. They hitched a ride on me (I see them from time to time outside, but not in large numbers).

2. They got into the bag of happy frog as the bags are out in my greenhouse.

3. I used a contaminated solo cup on accident.

Regardless, I spotted them, so now it’s time to take action. If I can’t get rid of them, then I’ll get rid of the plants and bleach my tent a few times and start a new batch in my spare 2x4.
Hey buddy were the mites moving fairly fast? Very possible that you just had a clover mite which are easy to kill and do minimal damage.

E

elusiveshame

I didn’t, but I was thinking about using it on them. I have a bag and a sprayer, so I can definitely do a treatment.

Hey buddy were the mites moving fairly fast? Very possible that you just had a clover mite which are easy to kill and do minimal damage.

Not fast enough for me to squish them and leave their red juice behind mwahaha.

But now that you mention it - I’m not sure. I did a Google search just now and apparently spider mites are “microscopic” and “can’t be seen with the naked eye”.

If I see anymore (inside or outside), I’ll snap a pic. I just went on my deck and driveway for a quick check where I’ve seen them previously, but I’m not seeing them at the moment.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I didn’t, but I was thinking about using it on them. I have a bag and a sprayer, so I can definitely do a treatment.

Not fast enough for me to squish them and leave their red juice behind mwahaha.

But now that you mention it - I’m not sure. I did a Google search just now and apparently spider mites are “microscopic” and “can’t be seen with the naked eye”.

If I see anymore (inside or outside), I’ll snap a pic. I just went on my deck and driveway for a quick check where I’ve seen them previously, but I’m not seeing them at the moment.
Ya I bet they are clover mites. First year I moved in here I see these little red spiders on the wall and I shit you not they were coming in the back door that I had cracked open walking all along the walls to my clones 😂
And spider mites you can see with the naked eye just can’t see russet or broad mites without a scope.
Spider mites usually don’t just wonder around they will get on the leaves and start their process on the under side of leaves. By the time you see them running around you will find eggs on the underside of the leaves.

E

elusiveshame

Ya I bet they are clover mites. First year I moved in here I see these little red spiders on the wall and I shit you not they were coming in the back door that I had cracked open walking all along the walls to my clones 😂
And spider mites you can see with the naked eye just can’t see russet or broad mites without a scope.
Spider mites usually don’t just wonder around they will get on the leaves and start their process on the under side of leaves. By the time you see them running around you will find eggs on the underside of the leaves.

Just saw one running on my flower box (got strawberries growing in it):

0C163C67 BE5C 43F4 899F B714D4069174

Does that look like a spider mite or clover mite to you?

E

elusiveshame

Nightly update:

34E4DE53 C1AA 477E 834E 86C5C479E674

Still didn’t transplant. Ignore my algae soup :p

They’re growing quite nicely, but I do really need to transplant them. Possibly tonight, if not, then for certain tomorrow night.

E

elusiveshame

Nightly update:

Finally repotted them in 7 gal bags:

46554662 2E0F 4097 A2FE 1676A7711794

I need to feed them still, so I’ll be adding 1 gallon in each reservoir, then doing a half gallon top feeding (and likely will do a second feeding since their roots are only about 3/4 of the way down).

14B0AAB0 F90E 40DD BC03 AB01509F279A

Pac and Biggie chillin in the happy frog

F58973CC 59B8 4A0E 8391 83ADD74D38CE

And this the onlyfans…err…ocean forest.

I initially wasn’t going to do a bottom feeding for this grow, but I ran out of risers due to the outdoor garden, and I was being lazy and didn’t want to remove everything, so I changed the wicks and cleaned the buckets.

The wicks for these are set up in a star pattern (and X with a | through it). I figure since it’s a larger pot, it’ll be beneficial to add another wick.

That’s all for now.

E

elusiveshame

Nightly update:

53B05904 7D42 454C 85F3 A37E07B1B9D9

41F2E155 4E96 4587 8700 C414672CD65C

These girls straightened right tf out from last nights training, so I added some more clips.

These are gonna be some big ladies 😍

Latest posts

Top Bottom