Trustfall/Tengu Clone into a mother

• Thread starter BB22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BB22

BB22

Hello everyone. I’m a new grower. Have harvested a half dozen plants. Basically winging it. I’d like to turn this clone into a mother plant. It’s a clone of a Tokyo Snow/Okie from Trustfall. I would appreciate any tips, advice, criticism. Thank you.

I just transplanted it from a solo cup into a five gallon fabric pot

Soil is Promix premium moisture potting mix. I bought it at Lowe’s. I mixed in some perlite.

The nutes that I have are synthetic and are part of the fox farm lineup. big bloom, Cal Mag, grow big, tiger bloom.

She’s in a 3’x3’x5’ tent under a mars hydro tsw 2000 at 25% about 2’ above the plant. There is a small clip on fan and a 4” exahaust fan. Temp is about 75 F RH 60
Some pics

Trustfalltengu clone into a mother
Trustfalltengu clone into a mother 2
Trustfalltengu clone into a mother 3
Trustfalltengu clone into a mother 4
BB22

BB22

I mistakenly said 3 x 3 tent but it’s actually 2 x 2. I don’t know if it matters but it’s cool Lol.

I’ve only grown in FoxFarm Ocean forest before, and I know that you can hold off with nutes for like 3-4 weeks But I think this stuff is different.?

about 12 hours after transplant looking pretty good. Thanks for your time.

84B75193 9855 4634 9089 21D4E1BF4C71
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I would appreciate any tips, advice, criticism. Thank you.
I dont have room for a mom plant anymore so what i do is take clones, then flower the "mom" and veg the clones while the "mom" flowers out and then the clones are ready to flower when the "mom" is done, and then you can take clones from the clones and keep going, that way you never have to keep a plant around for years on end and have it get sick and die.

BB22

BB22

Super new at this, appreciate the advice
I dont have room for a mom plant anymore so what i do is take clones, then flower the "mom" and veg the clones while the "mom" flowers out and then the clones are ready to flower when the "mom" is done, and then you can take clones from the clones and keep going, that way you never have to keep a plant around for years on end and have it get sick and die.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I do the same. Doing it right now actually.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
So do you plan on taking plenty of cuts off this plant for production or will you be needing only a few cuts every 3 months or so? If you only need her once in awhile you could keep a bonsai mother. Throw her in like a half gal square pot under low light and cut her down until there’s only a few nodes of growth left. Keep cutting her back until you want clones then encourage growth. Once the plant gets hella root bound take it out of the square pot and shave down like an inch of the roots and soil on all 4 sides and the bottom and replant. You can do this over and over in a tiny pot. This will keep your plant small and manageable.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Interestingly there is some variation in cannabinoid and terpene profiles from clones taken from different parts of the same mom. So maybe we should re-define the term for clones? Just a high thought...lol

BB22

BB22

So do you plan on taking plenty of cuts off this plant for production or will you be needing only a few cuts every 3 months or so? If you only need her once in awhile you could keep a bonsai mother. Throw her in like a half gal square pot under low light and cut her down until there’s only a few nodes of growth left. Keep cutting her back until you want clones then encourage growth. Once the plant gets hella root bound take it out of the square pot and shave down like an inch of the roots and soil on all 4 sides and the bottom and replant. You can do this over and over in a tiny pot. This will keep your plant small and manageable.
Good stuff. Thanks. No production here. I just want keep myself and a few people I know happy 🤩

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Interestingly there is some variation in cannabinoid and terpene profiles from clones taken from different parts of the same mom. So maybe we should re-define the term for clones? Just a high thought...lol
This is the first ive ever heard of this so i havent got a clue man. Lmao

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Count me in for the ride!! Looking like a great start!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Something I was thinking of doing haha have been reading up on it actually

In case this is the route you want to go @BB22 there’s a nice read up on the farm already 😁

The Bonsai Mother Technique

BB22

BB22

These are two plants that I m growing from seed. About two weeks into 12:12

I’m a new grower. Need to work on my defoliation.

93B7861B B54E 4629 8FD9 7A1E1F91AEE3
C745C833 0770 411A AEB4 7A70BFA5176B
BB22

BB22

She is showing her sex. I’m new to this. She’s a clone. She’s the same age as her mother. It’s crazy how this shit works. 🤓

C1CCB212 1EC1 488D B375 F6688499ADB6
BB22

BB22

I really like this idea. Thanks

Need to do some learning on how to top 🤩

BB22

BB22

I really like this idea. Thanks

Need to do some learning on how to top 🤩

Latest posts

Top Bottom