Truth in advertizing or plain BS

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trim Reaper

Just like everything out there, you gotta try it and seed what works for you. After 25 yrs+, always searching for the next great thing. Open your heart and your mind to ALL BRANDS of nutes.

S

SSHZ

I use their Connoisseur fertilizer in flowering (nothing else but some blood meal when N deficiency show up) with very good success. But I don't see much difference in quality or weight between it and the other 6-7 brands I've used over the years. I do believe I get less salt build up over time, and that's why I buy it (for now).

A vendor keeps recommemnding Cutting Edge Solutions ferts, especially the Plant Amp and Mag-Amped. All I know is it's a 3 part hydroponic fertilizer, developed in Calif and numerous medical growers are reporting great success. I think I'll try these next.....

E

Element4NorCal

Have used Fox Farm which is great for beginners because it is very easy and does not have a bunch of parts to the program. It is just grow and bloom, with a earthworm castings mix and a 3 part flower enhancer which is also easy to use.

Advanced was over priced and is simply a marketing giant. They have so much advertising that people have heard about them before they have ever seen a root. They have their own magazine Rosebud Magazine which has no mention of them owning the magazine but every single product being advertised is an advanced product.

Cutting Edge Solutions is just another brand that is trying to get out there and get some of this money. I have seen multiple growers who have used this product line and all have reservations or complaints.

Dutch Masters Gold Nutrient line is the one product that does not have some overblown marketing team blowing smoke at every newby. They simply just work and very damn well I might add.

It seems as though the majority of growers that I come in contact with wonder the same thing about or medicine. How did you get it so dense, flavorful, odorous and powerful? It is not a simple answer since it has to do with all of the methods that we personally use here at Element4NorCal.

We use:

Dutch Masters A & B
Bloombastic
vermicrop Organics
Emerald Shamen
Coco Cat
Banana Mana
Silica
Mychorzhia
H & G Roots Excelurator
ph 5.7 no matter which medium is used.

It took years to find the best mix of nutes and additives for the most connisour smoke, but this makes some amazing herb.

Works well indoor/outdoor soil, hydro, coco, aero. Although if done in hydro or Aero do not use air stones. The roots excelurator can become unstable if airstones are used.

they work better than most other nutient programs and are cheaper to use long term since they are highly concentrated and contain micronutrients that you would have to purchase seperately with other nute programs.

Jay Frost

fractal

fractal

I think that lots of those items on the list are duplicates, or redundant claims.

They do make a good product but they go so far out of their way to hype it and make themselves look like goofballs.

T

TwoCreeks

All I know about AN is that when I had a question about one of their products their customer service line just rang forever with no answer every time I called during their stated hours, and the e-mails I sent them were never answered.

C

Casper13

I have owned and operated a hydro store now for 8 years and I can tell you most of AN line is A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!! They are great marketers and full of smoke and screens! I would advise you or anyone else to spend your money elsewhere and actually get what you pay for!AN takes random photo's off the web of labs and technicians and copies them into their flashy magazines and brochures.As well,they are over charging big time for their nutes and additives.I am also a med grower and have personally tried all their products and found there was NO DIFFERENCE than if I were using GH,or Dutchmaster.I personally have used almost all the various nutes out there and found H&G, and DM to be of top quality and love the fact that they are well foil sealed. cheers

J

Janus

I am laughing my ass off at that list. Nice responses by all, btw. Also, props to JK for stirring the shit again. I hope AN finally hypes themselves into oblivion.

All I have to say is that if they've conducted a SINGLE experiment using scientific method, I'd love to see it. JK and I (many others too I'm sure) have been calling them on this point alone for years.

OK, enough with the hate. Resume normal growing with products proven in commercial ag to work and of course much peace and love.

F

FreshSteppin

I have owned and operated a hydro store now for 8 years and I can tell you most of AN line is A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!! They are great marketers and full of smoke and screens! I would advise you or anyone else to spend your money elsewhere and actually get what you pay for!AN takes random photo's off the web of labs and technicians and copies them into their flashy magazines and brochures.As well,they are over charging big time for their nutes and additives.I am also a med grower and have personally tried all their products and found there was NO DIFFERENCE than if I were using GH,or Dutchmaster.I personally have used almost all the various nutes out there and found H&G, and DM to be of top quality and love the fact that they are well foil sealed. cheers

lovin it. DM and H & G are the shit

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used several companies products, some stay some go.

Some of what I have tried are AN products and I still use some till this day. I definitely wouldn't go so far to say that all their products are worthless; Each company has its good, bad and ugly... Some more some less (in various ranges).

There are several people here that are KILLING rooms with AN products (really, just go look @ all of growmaster's journals and judge yourself)

Everyone needs to do their own research and trial + error process to FIGURE OUT WHAT WORKS BEST FOR THEM AND THEIR CROP. Each room/setup will have it's own variables to work with (also budgets, location etc.)

**There are lots of recipes for all mediums out there that will produce primo product. Just take a look around this site :dance**

Top Bottom