Truth or False to using green light

• Thread starter YellowFin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YellowFin

YellowFin

During drying and curing. Do you use a green light so you can see in your dark room?? If not how do you see while turning. Second grow, cut & hung them two days ago.
20220212 205258
20220212 205230
your buds Ect...ect!!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Interesting question. I really don’t think full spectrum lights now and then would be an issue. I think I would rather use room lights to do a gut check for flying insects PM and other drying issues when you go in there but I’m interested in what others have to say.

there is no photosynthesis happening at this point so I am not sure why you would want to limit the spectrum and handicap your eyeballs.

fishbuds

fishbuds

yes, just turn the lights on full blast and inspect your buds everyday as they dry. 10 minutes of light is not going to degrade your thc or terps, in any way shape or form.

opinion only,

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I has never occurred to me to use green light only when drying and curing. I've never heard of anyone doing it, until now.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I know there are people who use a green light to enter their grow room during darkness hours when the plants are flowering. As much as some people swear by it being acceptable, others feel it can create plant stress and herms. Personally, I don't enter at any time during dark hours when the plants are flowering. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've seen too much contradiction on this subject to be on one side or the other.

Once cut, the plants begin to die and photosynthesis stops. While you don't want to dry your buds in bright light and high heat, turning on the light to inspect them during drying will cause then zero harm. Just leave the lights off when you're not in there looking at them.

Top Bottom