Try number four. Let's go

• Thread starter Dadman86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadman86

Dadman86

I use 5 gal.
Figure out how tall you want them. (when they stretch they are suppose to double in size)

Maybe top or fim 1, a few or all.

Lst

Etc...
I ordered 5 gallon pots and more soil and perlite this morning. I should have them by next week. I know nothing about topping or fim. I see there is a lot to read here on the farm from @logic. I don't know how tall to grow them. I really just want to get across the finish line this time!

voltage

voltage

Watered them all this morning. My big plant bounced back! It took 3 days before it perked up. I read up on topping or fim. So I guess here it goes.
Now Just let them do their thing for a week.

Some lst after that. Tying branches back etc..

Depending on where you plan on flowing them. Complete darkness ( not even a single light from a power strip or fan) should determine your maximum height. Then you can grow up to half that size.

Most people seem to have 2 tents/areas. A veg area and a flower area.

Looking good

Dadman86

Dadman86

Week 7 of life for my little plants. Week 9 for my bigger plants. Sorry for the shaky ness during video. I'm like 2 pots of coffee and 6 or 7 blunts already! And some moon rocks!!! Rick flair woooo!! I took some ppfd pics both lights putting off good numbers. The viparspectra KS-3000 is 28 inches away set at 75 percent. The Phlizon PL-4500 is only set at 40 percent 30 inches away.

Screenshot 20240107 101902
Screenshot 20240107 101852
Screenshot 20240107 101836
Screenshot 20240107 101817
Screenshot 20240107 101734
Screenshot 20240107 101525
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Week 7 of life for my little plants. Week 9 for my bigger plants. Sorry for the shaky ness during video. I'm like 2 pots of coffee and 6 or 7 blunts already! And some moon rocks!!! Rick flair woooo!! I took some ppfd pics both lights putting off good numbers. The viparspectra KS-3000 is 28 inches away set at 75 percent. The Phlizon PL-4500 is only set at 40 percent 30 inches away.
How is that phlizon? I'm looking at maybe getting one in the future. How's the heat dispersion? Thanks man. 😊

Dadman86

Dadman86

How is that phlizon? I'm looking at maybe getting one in the future. How's the heat dispersion? Thanks man. 😊
I've only had it 10 days or so. I had it set really high like 50 inches away set at 80 percent. It got hot enough to burn you if you keep your fingers on it. It raised the room temp a little too. I had to adjust my heater. But the thing really pumps out the light. I like it so far.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Soo many tops...

Both those lights do 3x3 flower.
You don't need a tent but you will need a completely dark space for the 8 weeks or so of flowering
Im gonna flower in there current spot. I got the sauna set up for seedlings. The storage room for now. My woman is gonna kick me out of there though soon. My two littlest spawn are starting to ask for there own room. I'm thinking when my woman gets her tax refund this year I'm gonna get two tents. A 6by 6 and a 3by3. She gonna get like 10 racks back. I been researching inline fans. I think I can get it all set up for under 500. The dream is to get it where I have plants flowering all the time. Me and my woman smoke like 3 4 hundred dollars in green every two weeks.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Im gonna flower in there current spot. I got the sauna set up for seedlings. The storage room for now. My woman is gonna kick me out of there though soon. My two littlest spawn are starting to ask for there own room. I'm thinking when my woman gets her tax refund this year I'm gonna get two tents. A 6by 6 and a 3by3. She gonna get like 10 racks back. I been researching inline fans. I think I can get it all set up for under 500. The dream is to get it where I have plants flowering all the time. Me and my woman smoke like 3 4 hundred dollars in green every two weeks.
My humidifier has a pretty bright blue light that displays the humidity level. I'm gonna tape over it

Dadman86

Dadman86

So I came home from work and my plants look like shit. I knew they needed water today but figured another day won't hurt em. Someone said to let them dry until they wilt Everytime you water. The pots were light this morning I thought I should water them. They look like there hurt. Complete dry out can't be good. Does it stall out there growth any to let them wilt every water.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Watering them before I go to bed. I got really stoned earlier and this is the best my brain could put together! It works well water them and dump runoff down toilet. No more soaking it up with towels! My set up isn't fancy. My grow setup is straight off the rez!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
So I came home from work and my plants look like shit. I knew they needed water today but figured another day won't hurt em. Someone said to let them dry until they wilt Everytime you water. The pots were light this morning I thought I should water them. They look like there hurt. Complete dry out can't be good. Does it stall out there growth any to let them wilt every water.
I personally don’t like to get them to this point. This is the hardest part of growing in soil, is getting used to reading the plants & soil to know when to water.

My best experience has been by lifting the pots. When I put my nets on, this is a bit harder to do.

For me it comes down to just reading the plants and soil. If the top layer looks bone dry, I’ll stick my finger maybe half way down, bone dry? Time to read the plants. Still feel moisture? You’ve still got some time.

I personally do not like seeing my plants come to a bone dry droop, this causes unneeded stress and can delay growth.

So how to find the happy medium? IMO, just comes to experience and repetition. I’ve now had 4 grows using the same brand of soil, and same brand of fabric pots and I think that’s helped me get almost a consistent water cycle down for each phase of growth.

I wouldn’t recommend meters, they’re very inconsistent and most people can do a better job reading moisture level than some meter.

I’d recommend to lift your pots up when they’re at the driest point, and make mental note of how much that weighs. Give it a full watering, and weigh it again and make mental note of that. This will help give you an idea and then you can range how many days it took to get to that point.

Temps, humidity and airflow will have a huge part in how your water will uptake into the plant and will also affect the timeframe of when you will need to water. Temps high and humidity low? Expect to water very frequently. Lower temps with higher humidity? You’re waiting forever and in danger of root issues.

Happy growing brother! ✌️

Dadman86

Dadman86

I personally don’t like to get them to this point. This is the hardest part of growing in soil, is getting used to reading the plants & soil to know when to water.

My best experience has been by lifting the pots. When I put my nets on, this is a bit harder to do.

For me it comes down to just reading the plants and soil. If the top layer looks bone dry, I’ll stick my finger maybe half way down, bone dry? Time to read the plants. Still feel moisture? You’ve still got some time.

I personally do not like seeing my plants come to a bone dry droop, this causes unneeded stress and can delay growth.

So how to find the happy medium? IMO, just comes to experience and repetition. I’ve now had 4 grows using the same brand of soil, and same brand of fabric pots and I think that’s helped me get almost a consistent water cycle down for each phase of growth.

I wouldn’t recommend meters, they’re very inconsistent and most people can do a better job reading moisture level than some meter.

I’d recommend to lift your pots up when they’re at the driest point, and make mental note of how much that weighs. Give it a full watering, and weigh it again and make mental note of that. This will help give you an idea and then you can range how many days it took to get to that point.

Temps, humidity and airflow will have a huge part in how your water will uptake into the plant and will also affect the timeframe of when you will need to water. Temps high and humidity low? Expect to water very frequently. Lower temps with higher humidity? You’re waiting forever and in danger of root issues.

Thank you sc

Thanks schwifty bro that helps a lot.
I knew this morning they needed water. I fed em nutes on Monday so three days to dry. I thought it would affect there growth. If they look hurt and sad it can't be good

Bilber

Bilber

I love a good dryback.....

Not quite till the plants wilt, but not far off....

Like Schwifty said, it's alot of unnecessary stress......

P.S. your setup looks good....keeping your plants elevated so they don't sit in their own feces...( yes....I put their feces again)....

Plants don't take a shit, but the salt build-up and used nutes are feces in my book.....

Dadman86

Dadman86

So I tried my best to tie these hoes up.
I need some more practice doing this but I'm happy with what I learned here today. Fuck it took me a long time. I didn't mess with one of the plants. It's a different strain and the arms are still little.

IMG 20240112 151238 672
IMG 20240110 195241 189
IMG 20240110 195258 596
IMG 20240112 151407 024
IMG 20240112 151437 843
IMG 20240112 151246 248
IMG 20240112 151255 194
IMG 20240112 151352 728
IMG 20240112 151400 921
IMG 20240112 151320 896
IMG 20240110 165808 528
IMG 20240110 165845 171