tryin to grow trees

• Thread starter SpyderMite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SpyderMite

Hey everyone,

Im new to the forum and im seeking some advice. What brought me here was im ready to make a change with my current growing techniques and plant count.

At first i thought i was interested in doing dwc but i think im leaning towards a coco based grow. I was thinking two rooms, veg n flower. i want to get my numbers down to 9 trees in flower at all times(18 total) I have basically a few main questtions to start with

Would vertical double hung 600 watters be a gd option for 6 to 8 ft trees? (i already have alot so i wanted to use them if its a good idea) how many watts would one suggest for 9 trees and at what distance would i space them out?

And more importantly what are my options to grow monster 6ft plus trees? i wanted a automated system like a drip but i only have experience with handwatering peat based grows

any suggestions will be greatly appreacited

thanks

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I am just starting my first tree grow so I am no expert. The general consensus seems to be that 1000 watters are better for trees because they have better penetration which is required because the trees are so wide. I have seen a few guys with 600s in the corners of the rooms but some say it is too much ducting for the result. You should check out DIzzles grow thread and do a search because most topics have been covered before. Also would be helpful if you would describe room dimensions but there is also a complete thread on light layout as well. goodluck

L

LongFlight

Spydermite

I would start by searching the net for "Heath Robinson" and "vertical". He's got a thing for 600s too.

Should give you enough to start with before searching further.

S

stillcantroll

sounds like u already have experience, peat is coco. never done vertical tho, goodluck

No, it is not. Not in its material, or its watering schedule, or it's pH, or anything really. Peat is sphagnum moss, coco is coconut husk.

S

SpyderMite

what up?

So after some searching i have found some more info and ideas. Ive decided to run a test grow at my old spot as i still set up my new place.

its just gonna be 3 plants(heavy duty fruity) with 2 sets of double stacked vertical bare 600 watters. So i guess the middle plant gets hit with 2400 watts and the other 2 would get 1200watts

im also thinking top feed drain to waste. seems pretty straight forward with a res, lines and a pump right?

i was thinking im gonna start them in one gallons, transplant to 5g and then ultimately end up in 27 gallon tree pots i found (is that 2 big??) like i said i want 6-7ft trees if possible.

i also found plastic water heater pans with pre drilled 1 inch holes that i think would work great

as i said this is all new to me as i never worked with coco as a medium in the past. So any tips or thoughts from you guys that grow in coco and grow big would be really appreciated

im leaving alot out now im sure and i have a ton of questions so to start do you guys think the 27 gallon pots are to large? at wat ratio do i want my perlite to coco ?? i was thinking atleast 75% perlite. Any idea how much water uptake a healthy flowering 7ft tree would consume in a day?( i know that prob has alot of variables)

i also have plans on vegging with horizontal lighting as to get the height right as well

Thanks in advance guys

S

SpyderMite

whats up

after thinking some more i decided to do 4 plants and 7800 watts. im gonna run doublestacked masterblasters in the middle and 4 sets of stacked 600watters on the corners. as soon as i order some stuff and get it up and running ill post some pics

i do have a couple questions

what nutrients would yyou guys recommend for a drain to waste 75%perlite 25%coco grow? starting in one gallons, then into 5gs and ultimatley into 27 gallon tree pots like i said.

and also i was gonna run bare bulbs but its not practical now with the new plan. i found 6'' 60'' long cooltubes. do you recommened sticking with a 6'' inline blower or since im running double stacked 1500 watters in the middle should i upgrade the blower size and just reduce it down to 6''?? its gonna only have to move the hot air 8ft till its exhausted out of the room with no bends

thanks

Top Bottom