Trying An Experiment.

• Thread starter Midnite Tokr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

I've low stress trained plants into all sorts of shapes, but never tried my hand at a scrog. After checking it out, I had a question. It seems to me at least, that the point is to get more tops, by making the plant think it fell over, and it spits out side shoots, that become tops. Same as LST a plant. I noticed all the pictures I saw, were of plants that were bent down, with a single top to start. I decided to take a plant I had LST into 10 tops, and scrog it. I figured, if a scrog on a plant with one top got good results, scroging a plant with 10 tops should get better ones. Has anyone ever tried this? What were your results? I'm doing this on a Sativa, idk strain.

Trying an experiment
iKharon

iKharon

I don't think it's so much about creating new tops as much as it is a method to keep an even canopy and growth. Gotta tuck daily. My pex n vortex need to be tucked daily to keep em flat and under the trellis net

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

u are looking for a uniform growth on top so light gets to all the tops and don't waste light on popcorn

H

heisen

they both do the same thing.Scrog just takes less time.If you like to take cool pictures of trained plants than yeah LST all the way but if you just want to spend 5 min every other day for a couple weeks tucking limbs than scrog all the way.If you want to live in your grow room and LST plants be my guest.They both get the same thing done.side nodes become tops that give you an even canopy under a light.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

they both do the same thing.Scrog just takes less time.If you like to take cool pictures of trained plants than yeah LST all the way but if you just want to spend 5 min every other day for a couple weeks tucking limbs than scrog all the way.If you want to live in your grow room and LST plants be my guest.They both get the same thing done.side nodes become tops that give you an even canopy under a light.
Idk about living in my grow room lm, ao. Lst 7 plants only took about 5 minutes daily. I did that while doing my morning garden maintenance, checking humidity, filling humidifier tanks etc.

H

heisen

Idk about living in my grow room lm, ao. Lst 7 plants only took about 5 minutes daily. I did that while doing my morning garden maintenance, checking humidity, filling humidifier tanks etc.
they must be tiny or leggy plants.I couldnt imagine trying to tie and bend down 7 plants with a 5 week veg in DWC.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

they must be tiny or leggy plants.I couldnt imagine trying to tie and bend down 7 plants with a 5 week veg in DWC.
Not tiny, or leggy. Medium sized plants to fit in a 5 foot tall tent. I started lst when they were a week old, let them grow around planters, than flowered them. They are about 3' tall now, but would be much taller if not lst

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Not tiny, or leggy. Medium sized plants to fit in a 5 foot tall tent. I started lst when they were a week old, let them grow around planters, than flowered them. They are about 3' tall now, but would be much taller if not lst
right some strains grow 3 x in size when put in to flower love me some lst lol

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

yup wrks good.same as other u described tho.dnt need lst'd first,or toppd/fimmd
Yea, but I wanted to scrog a plant with 19 tops. 4 days later, it has 22 tops!!! All almost perfectly level!!

hiboy

hiboy

Yea, but I wanted to scrog a plant with 19 tops. 4 days later, it has 22 tops!!! All almost perfectly level!!
Never done it but it looks like a good idea for someone who doesn't have a lot of plants
You'll get a lot of good nugs
I have over 400 flowering plants so there's no way to do that I just have netting old-school
Hb

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Never done it but it looks like a good idea for someone who doesn't have a lot of plants
You'll get a lot of good nugs
I have over 400 flowering plants so there's no way to do that I just have netting old-school
Hb
That was a typo. It started with 10 tops, and in 3 days has 22. 400 plants?? Nice, my wife would KILL me, was hard enough to talk her into 2 tents, 7 plants, (3 ended up being males.) and a perpetual grow. Oh yea, I figured I'd get a bunch off her. I have 3 in flower now, with about 45-48 days left, than I'm flowering this experiment scrog. I'm germinating a Viper City OG now, for my next crop. Not sure if I'll LST, scrog, or tree grow it yet tho.

fatawa

fatawa

Yea, but I wanted to scrog a plant with 19 tops. 4 days later, it has 22 tops!!!
i hear ya.we all r trying to get tops.what im saying is u dont hav to fim/top/lst to get tops first.the net would of made probably more tops actualy if u wud of truly weaved all threw veg.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

i hear ya.we all r trying to get tops.what im saying is u dont hav to fim/top/lst to get tops first.the net would of made probably more tops actualy if u wud of truly weaved all threw veg.
Idk about that. The plant was 6 weeks from seed, LST from 1st week and had 10 tops. (I don't consider it a top unless it is 4 inches or taller, it had like 18, but they weren't up to standards) I scrogged it at 6 weeks, it is now almost 10 weeks old, 61 days exactly, and has over 48 tops, weaving thru net. I'm vegging it for another 31 days, for a 90 day veg. I'm hoping to fill a 5x2.5 foot tent with one sativa.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Well, I've begun flower on my scrogged sativa. The way its sister grew the first 4 weeks of flower, if this follows suit, should stretch to damn near fill my entire tent. I've never scrogged before. So trying to scrog this lady after LST her to a 10 top wasn't easy. Branches criss crossing along the netting and all, but the centers of netting have filled in nicely, entire canopy is within a half inch of itself. Today is its 7th day of flower.

IMG 20170418 101510
IMG 20170418 105101
IMG 20170418 105036

Latest posts

Top Bottom