Trying to bounce back from the demon bug

• Thread starter wworking1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wworking1

wworking1

A week ago , I noticed one of my pots wasn’t draining correctly and because of that I lost one of my 4, when pulling her out that’s when the real fun began. Aphids... little shit bugs that came out of now where and ran through my veg tent like flu.. my real question is this I took the other 3 out everyday and picked and killed and had to trim all of the dead off of them. They really look like Charlie Brown Christmas , is it worth tryin to get them back or do you think this would really kill the end result if they bounce back? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance. If you want picks let me know and I will send some to you, I just don’t want to post them it’s UGLY!!!

R

redshift75

i just did a 50% or better defoliation 1.5 weeks ago on my seed plants when one got mights. Saw some others with signs and took out all the big leaves to treat them. Either way they filled right back out. not a big deal can help shoot development. if its in veg i wouldnt sweat it. LST it for height if need be and watch em bounce back. it can redevelop and sustain in relation to what was lost. there are some studies that show increase yield with heavy defoliation at the right times. I like to believe they can work their stuff out when given the chance.

R

redshift75

Just hit em with acephate 97 is what id do or whatever you have for root aphids. But thats systemic. studies show it stays in the system for 4-32 days. so by end of flower the acephate would be gone and metabolized. Just made a cake walk of root aphids for me outdoors.

wworking1

wworking1

i just did a 50% or better defoliation 1.5 weeks ago on my seed plants when one got mights. Saw some others with signs and took out all the big leaves to treat them. Either way they filled right back out. not a big deal can help shoot development. if its in veg i wouldnt sweat it. LST it for height if need be and watch em bounce back. it can redevelop and sustain in relation to what was lost. there are some studies that show increase yield with heavy defoliation at the right times. I like to believe they can work their stuff out when given the chance.
Thank you, I have 2 on the last week of flowering and they seem fine I still pull em out every evening for inspection but them damn demon bugs I can’t stand . I guess up till now I have gotten lucky I guess.

R

redshift75

Thank you, I have 2 on the last week of flowering and they seem fine I still pull em out every evening for inspection but them damn demon bugs I can’t stand . I guess up till now I have gotten lucky I guess.
if its flower dont use acephate. :) i thought it said veg tent so assumed they were still vegging. I dont recommend acephate to often. but its not that bad. You look at some of the studies. it breaks down quick and what it breaks down to breaks down pretty quick. http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/archive/acephatech.html

in tomatoes was like 10 days. even then at proper dosage you could be talking about 1-10ppm left throughout the entire plant tissue. id use it start of flower knowing it would work til the end in the sense it would last longer then they'd take to reinfest and kill it... Hopefully. lots of good products for root aphids. They arent that bad. when you get a good pest management program going it should stop them from ever appearing.

wworking1

wworking1

if its flower dont use acephate. :) i thought it said veg tent so assumed they were still vegging. I dont recommend acephate to often. but its not that bad. You look at some of the studies. it breaks down quick and what it breaks down to breaks down pretty quick. http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/archive/acephatech.html

in tomatoes was like 10 days. even then at proper dosage you could be talking about 1-10ppm left throughout the entire plant tissue. id use it start of flower knowing it would work til the end in the sense it would last longer then they'd take to reinfest and kill it... Hopefully. lots of good products for root aphids. They arent that bad. when you get a good pest management program going it should stop them from ever appearing.
I didn’t use or going to this late in the game for my 2 flower girls , it was the veg tent that got murder... I just so happen to notice a little something starting in the other tent there right next to earth other and where connected at first by the top vent

Cooler

Cooler

Just hit em with acephate 97 is what id do or whatever you have for root aphids. But thats systemic. studies show it stays in the system for 4-32 days. so by end of flower the acephate would be gone and metabolized. Just made a cake walk of root aphids for me outdoors.
Bro, doesn’t Acephate kills the fungus gnats?

Top Bottom