Trying to cross breed for the first time

• Thread starter PopPop67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PopPop67

I am going to try something I know very little about and have not tried before.

I want to cross Sour60 auto's with Pebbles Blast Runtz Photos. I have grown Sour60 auto's I pick the best of each grow until now every seed puts out the plant I want. Just popped 20 seeds and they are like clones. 2 years ago if I popped 20 seeds I would have 20 different Sour60 somewhat alike.

I have also been working on my Pebbles Blast Runtz Photo and they are now also putting out identical plants from seed.
Now I want to try and cross the two so I can get a plant that is bigger and fater than the Sour60 but shorter than the Pebbles with a hybrid growth speed. Not a true auto yet much faster than a Normal Photo Pebbles. If I can get the mix of flavors from the two it would be perfect. I know this will take a lot of picking out the right plants each grow and some back breeding.

Do yall think this is doable mixing a Auto with a Photo to get the best each has to offer? The worst thing that I see happening is I get a lot of smokable buds probable some nasty tasting but maybe a few winners too along the way.

Any advice on cross breeding would be greatly appreciated and very helpful.

E

Edinburg

Sour 60 is 1 1/2 of the legandary strain Sour Spyder witch was put out by the breeder Mdanzig, however Mdanzig did not feminize his seeds so most folk made there own beans, he was so outraged he pulled all his stuff off market, you bought those beans off 420 new seed Guy bc he is only one that sells them, ALLSO Mdanzig sued him bc that is half his plant but lost bc when you sell non feminized seeds there is no law that says you can't make your own seeds or do what you want with them, I bought 40 of those suckers myself with same idea, I do have pollen but have not gotten around to it yet, a bit of advice when you make your cross do not use feminized seeds no matter how stable bc the feminization will wear off, what you need is another non feminized autoflower, as the plants are smallish I would suggest a large autoflower to give the strain height, I me personally want to cross with blueberry but can't find non feminized blueberry auto seeds, as 420 New Seed Guy sells non feminized autoflower seeds I will have to go look and see what he has, but again the original strain was called Sour Spyder it was much larger than sour 60, in fact he had so many crosses I'm surprised it even worked but it did and I have been on a 6 year quest to find some with no luck whatsoever, but happy breeding.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I am going to try something I know very little about and have not tried before.

I want to cross Sour60 auto's with Pebbles Blast Runtz Photos. I have grown Sour60 auto's I pick the best of each grow until now every seed puts out the plant I want. Just popped 20 seeds and they are like clones. 2 years ago if I popped 20 seeds I would have 20 different Sour60 somewhat alike.

I have also been working on my Pebbles Blast Runtz Photo and they are now also putting out identical plants from seed.
Now I want to try and cross the two so I can get a plant that is bigger and fater than the Sour60 but shorter than the Pebbles with a hybrid growth speed. Not a true auto yet much faster than a Normal Photo Pebbles. If I can get the mix of flavors from the two it would be perfect. I know this will take a lot of picking out the right plants each grow and some back breeding.

Do yall think this is doable mixing a Auto with a Photo to get the best each has to offer? The worst thing that I see happening is I get a lot of smokable buds probable some nasty tasting but maybe a few winners too along the way.

Any advice on cross breeding would be greatly appreciated and very helpful.
Just do it 😉 it doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's not like you're trying to create a seed company. This experience is worth it's weight in gold. I personally do autoflower/photo crosses myself. Because of my climate I wanted something the was a guarantee finisher that would have some size to it. It works for me and the satisfaction of having a idea and seeing it to harvest 😌 that's the best feeling.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I will say that I personally wouldn't do any breeding with bag seeds. Now those your guaranteed to have herm issues. Because it's genetically in there as a dominant gene😉 ask me how I know 🤣🤣😂 but quality genetics I haven't had a problem reversing or anything.

P

PopPop67

I am working with high quality seeds. I only buy seeds from well-known established seed banks. Not worth the risk going cheap. Considering a 10 regular photo seeds will put off at least 4 to 6 females.
I take cuts off all females then choose my favorite to clone for the season

Latest posts

Top Bottom