Trying to decide alien gear or more rare dankness?

• Thread starter Slz209
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slz209

Slz209

Inputs needed as I've never ran alien genetics before and I have ran rd but man there some finicky little bastards haha but once u find that one keeper pheno I'll be honest rd is hard to beat their LeeRoy is straight dank and ghost train haze #2 I swear is the triangle kush the site doesn't list this cross it just said quite possible the most potent out of the ghost train series. Please recommend and comment

Slz209

Slz209

Tahoe alien f2's I seen a u tube video that a Tahoe alien hit 28.10 thc the highest the co-op ever tested how is the strain as far as stability with the f2's? Hey 76 I've heard the napalm and alien napalm og are both dank how do they stack up against the Tahoe alien f2's?

Slz209

Slz209

I'm looking for some keepers I have a lot of strains as of now but most of them are cuts purchased at a co-op my strains from seed are my favorites accept for a select few cuts. I want to cross a few more strains and have for or five keepers and just run those for a while it seems I've spent so much time an effort pheno hunting that I put priorities to the side for a while such as my wife and kids. I mean I take care of them and always see them but I'm constantly checking on rooms my males my females breeding projects and so on I think it's time to kinda narrow my selection down dial them in and run for a year or two. I'm a hands on guy so it's hard to just sit back and watch them grow

william76

william76

Tahoe alien f2's I seen a u tube video that a Tahoe alien hit 28.10 thc the highest the co-op ever tested how is the strain as far as stability with the f2's? Hey 76 I've heard the napalm and alien napalm og are both dank how do they stack up against the Tahoe alien f2's?
Iv not grew the ta f2s yet but from what i can is alien napalm is slightly more alien dom or that was aliens. Purpose anyway,all I know is its fire, good luck whatever you decide,76

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Didn't have a bit of luck with any of the RD gear I ran. Scotts OG, and OG GTH1 both hermed and the Somali Taxi Ride was probably the WEAKEST strain I've ever paid $$$ for. Never ran any Alien gear...I know many have seen some good results from RD, but I wont ever be running another RD strain in my garden. MGG

william76

william76

Also heard goodthings about gods alien xs and reasonably priced too,i might have too get some myself,keep on growing,76

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I've got a couple packs of docs OG that I haven't ran yet. I've ran the lad, fruity pebble OG, starfighter, astrodawg, and sour pebbles. The only one I wasn't impressed with was the astro.
I've got some alien grape vine, alien rock candy, and alien Optimus in veg now. I wouldn't call any one of them finicky. They've all been pretty robust plants. And some of them will hopefully never leave my stable.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

From the research I've done, on here, in other forums, and through the very few over here that run Alien gear, there seems to be keepers in every pack of Alien gear.

Eager to run it myself.

darkmatter

darkmatter

I just got 3/10 germ. on some ghost train #1, I got 100% with some bohdi even got a respectable amount of some old frozen seeds. RD web site tells me to fuck off if this happens.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Go wit the Alien gear, bro. I have found some dank ass phenos in his gear. My Sour Pebbles cut is super fire IMO. It's got everything u want in a strain. To each their own. Hopefully u find what ur looking for.

Venom818

Venom818

Those numbers dont mean shit bro , ive smoked some 18 thc that smashed some shit that tested at 25%

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Those numbers dont mean shit bro , ive smoked some 18 thc that smashed some shit that tested at 25%
why is that exactly?, same here bro! i have smoked 10percent which crushed 20 percent.
think we still have a lot to learn about how the other cannabidnoids effect a high.

Slz209

Slz209

I've had very good luck with rd it just took time and a few hundred bucks but his nevils wreck beans are fucking amazing and his ghost of LeeRoy I swear by there the main staple in my A1oG cross I did have to pop 18 beans to find that gth#2 but once I did it was kill. But I want something that you just say that dank and alien gear seems to be the way. I've tried to get OGRs the white s1 and wifi but always sold out and my circle is all about purple and well I love the og's the afghani's and the straight skunky dank no one around the 209 has anything interesting and I respect other circles so coming up with cuts doesn't see to ever happen I just can't ask for cuts but I always give me out funny how that goes so I'm stuck with buying beans and well I hope I find some kill. Does loompa sale any triangle beans

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I believe moisture levels play a huge part in this. There needs to be an industry standard on percent of moisture in the sample.
Out by me the lab told me they think the standard should be 10%. I asked why and they said from all the tests they have done it seems to be the % most accurate. Not sure how other places do it as iv only tested at one spot. A industry standard would be a great idea though

As far as RD or alien genetics....i can't say one is better then the other as iv never ran RD seeds. I have ran a ton of aliens and found fire in a decent amount of his stuff. I'm not exactly sure those two companies are comparable to say which is better, they seem to offer pretty different stuff. Alien used alien hybrids in stuff where RD used RD#1 and RD#2 males in a lot of there stuff. No idea what those males consist of. I guess both companies have there go to males. I guess the better way to go would be to see which male offspring that companies used you like better and go from there

Slz209

Slz209

I heard that if u pull ur buds just early enough it's a weight to trichome coverage ratio leaving u with a higher thc to weight ratio where as some strains ran full term put on weight in the last week to two weeks leaving u with a lower thc % due to the weight to trichome coverage ratio. Please don't fire back saying I'm an idiot as I'm quoting something I read I'm not saying this is my idea and I'm 100% sure of this

Myco

Myco

Just going by reputation, it seems like RD would be the clear loser here... Which is a shame to say, but everywhere I turn I am hearing bad things about RD. On that note, everything I've seen, smoked, and heard about from Alien is solid. I think you should turn a new page and go Alien hunting...

And btw @Slz209 I lol'd at your wife and kids comment... although I don't have a wife and kids, I do tend to lose sight of things sometimes due to constant seed popping/pheno hunting/hobby breeding. I think I'm going to take a short break from popping seeds and do a straight clone run, it's going to be almost like a vacation.

Natural

Natural

Just going by reputation, it seems like RD would be the clear loser here... Which is a shame to say, but everywhere I turn I am hearing bad things about RD. On that note, everything I've seen, smoked, and heard about from Alien is solid. I think you should turn a new page and go Alien hunting...

And btw @Slz209 I lol'd at your wife and kids comment... although I don't have a wife and kids, I do tend to lose sight of things sometimes due to constant seed popping/pheno hunting/hobby breeding. I think I'm going to take a short break from popping seeds and do a straight clone run, it's going to be almost like a vacation.
shame is right Myco..I got a full pack of scott's that I'll prolly never grow...way too many other choices to try first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom